Dragon Talon Assassin (Kicksin) Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Kicksin Assassin is known for its high single-target damage and decent mobility. She is one of the strongest Uber killing characters in Diablo 2. Due to her extremely high attack speed, she can exploit items that trigger various skills and effects on hit to deal with monsters rather than use her own inherent damage. While not particlarly gear-dependant, this build does require a few solid key items to really get going.
The Kicksin is a hybrid Assassin build that balances the use of melee attacks and Traps, making her less gear-dependant than othre melee builds and play through the game with relatively little resistance. The array of options available to the Assassin for crowd control and damage makes her a great contender for newer players.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Kicksin Skill Build
The following section shows the default skill build for the Kicksin. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Dragon Talon — Main single-target damage skill, required
- 20 points to Venom — Big damage boost, required
- 1 point to Dragon Flight — Useful for teleporting and repositioning Mercenary, required
- 1 point to Cloak of Shadows — Useful for crowd control, required
- 1 point to Mind Blast — Useful for crowd control, required
- 1 point to Burst of Speed — Buffs movement and attack speed, required
- 1 point to Fade — Buffs damage reduction and Resistances, required
Kicksin Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for gear; around 150||Enough for gear, generally none||Everything else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
The following section shows some of the most important Items for the Kicksin. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Kicksin items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Stormlash
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit
- Shield: Stormshield or Sanctuary
- Body Armor: Chains of Honor
- Helm: Guillaume's Face
- Gloves: Laying of Hands
- Boots: Upped Gore Rider
- Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
- Ring 1: Raven Frost
- Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan or Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
- Charm 1: Assassin Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 9x Trap Skiller Grand Charms with Life or enough % Faster Hit Recovery to hit 86%
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery, depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Kicksin Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||9||8||7||6||5||4||3|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%|
Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||16||15||14||13||12||11||10||9|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame||0%||8%||16%||27%||42%||65%||102%||174%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame||0%||13%||32%||86%|
You can either hire a Defensive ( Holy Freeze) or Offensive ( Might) Desert Guard Mercenary in Act 2, Nightmare difficulty, depending on whether you want to slow monsters for added safety or improve the overall damage of your Mercenary.
- Weapon: Ethereal Infinity
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Kicksin Early Leveling
The following section features a generic Kicker Assassin early leveling guide.
- 4 Points to Dragon Talon
- 1 Point to Claw Mastery at Level 5
- 5 Points to Burst of Speed at Level 6-10
- All Remaining Points to Dragon Talon until maxed out
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Assassin Fastest Leveling Build.
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 2.3 Highlights
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- World Fastest Diablo 2 and World First Diablo 2: Resurrected Holy Grail
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 2.2.7 Build 66878: November 5th