Blade Fury Assassin (Bladesin) Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Bladesin is a quirky build of the Assassin that revolves around the rarely-used Blade Sentinel-line of skills. The damage of these Traps is based on the hysical damage with weapons of the Assassin, and so the build relies on heavy hitting weapons. Overall, this build is considered to be among the weakest, but proper gear can make up for its shortcomings.
Although rarely played, the Blade Assassin can actually become a decent character when geared appropriately. One difficulty for players to handle is the time lag before Blade Fury begins to shoot, requiring a little bit of positional knowledge and skill. Otherwise, Bladesins are decent boss killers due to their fast attack speed when combined with plenty of % Chance of Crushing Blow.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Bladesin Skill Build
The following section shows the default skill build for the Bladesin. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
Bladesin Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for gear; around 150 total||Enough for gear||Everything else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
The following section shows some of the most important Items for the Bladesin. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Bladesin items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Eth Death Berserker Axe or Last Wish
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit
- Shield: Phoenix
- Body Armor: Fortitude
- Helm: Guillaume's Face
- Gloves: Steelrend or Laying of Hands
- Boots: Gore Rider
- Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
- Ring 1: Raven Frost
- Ring 2: Angelic Halo
- Amulet: Angelic Wings
- Charm 1: Assassin Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: Any Charm with Maximum Damage, Attack Rating, and Life
- Charm 4: Trap Skiller Grand Charms with Life
- Charm 5: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery, depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Bladesin Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||9||8||7||6||5||4||3|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame||0%||13%||32%||86%|
You can either hire a Defensive (Holy Freeze) or Offensive (Might) Desert Guard Mercenary in Act 2, Nightmare difficulty, depending on whether you want to slow monsters for added safety or improve the overall damage of your Mercenary.
- Weapon: Pride or Infinity
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Bladesin Early Leveling
The following section features a generic Bladesin Trap skill point progression.
- 1 point to Fire Blast
- 1 point to Claw Mastery
- 3 points to Burst of Speed between level 6 and 8
- All points to Blade Sentinel until level 18
- 1 point to Wake of Fire at level 12
- All points to Blade Fury until maxed out
- Invest additional skill points into Fade as you please
- Max out Venom starting at level 30, after Blade Fury
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Assassin Fastest Leveling Build.
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 2.3 Highlights
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- World Fastest Diablo 2 and World First Diablo 2: Resurrected Holy Grail
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 2.2.7 Build 66878: November 5th