White and Purple Scrip Farming for Crafting and Gathering
Scrip farming is an integral part of the DoH/DoL endgame providing you with a currency to obtain materia, gear, materials and more! This scrip farming guide will cover everything related to farming both White Scrips & Purple Scrips in FFXIV, such as the best items to farm for Crafting Scrips & Gathering Scrips.
White Scrip and Purple Scrip Farming Guide for FFXIV
Scrip farming is an important part of crafting and gathering, providing the equivalent to Allgan Tomestones for your DoH/DoL classes.
Scrips come in two forms, the 'leveling' Scrip and the endgame Scrip. Currently, this is White Scrips for leveling and Purple Scrips at endgame. Each expansion the endgame Scrip becomes the leveling Scrip and a new colour is rotated in.
That being said, both Scrips have a range of uses at endgame with the leveling Scrip also providing the majority of your materia for your endgame meld sets.
Uses for your Scrips
Crafting and Gathering Scrips have several main uses which are:
- Leveling gear can be purchased with White Scrips and endgame catchup gear can be purchased for Purple Scrips.
- Masterbooks and Folklore tomes to unlock new materials and crafts can be purchased with White Scrips.
- Materials used to craft gear not just for DoH/DoL, but also for DoW/DoM can be purchased with Scrips. Normally one key material each new raid tier.
- Materia used for endgame melds can also be purchased with both types of Scrips. This is the main use for your Scrips.
- Materials used in crafting and gathering relic upgrades are also purchased with Scrips.
Materia is by far your biggest expenditure when it comes to Scrips. Your common endgame crafting melds take hundreds of thousands of Scrips sometimes to complete a meld set. As an example, here are our Indagator's crafting melds:
White Scrips While Leveling
White Scrips are the only currency available while leveling both your crafting and gathering classes. The main use for Scrips at this point will be to purchase gear at level 60, 70 and 80 to help you progress into the next expansions worth of leveling.
Scrip farming is also a very good source of experience points while you level giving you a 2-for-1. This can make it one of the most efficient leveling methods due to your gear, Masterbooks and even some endgame materia already being handled.
To farm Scrips while you level, you simply want to target the highest level items that you can. If the materials are awkward to obtain feel free to farm a collectable at a lower level instead.
Farming White Scrips in FFXIV
White Scrips are the currency you will mainly use while crafting and gathering. The recommended item to craft at level 90 iswhich gives 198 White Scrips per craft at maximum collectability. All Scrip crafts at the same level range give the same amount of Scrips, but has no pre-crafts making it preferred amongst players.
Below is a table for each White Scrip craft at level 89:
|Lv89 White Scrip Craft
With Gathering Scrips, your best option is, which is rod fishing only, but much faster than normal node gathering. This fish can be caught using in Mare Lamentorum (X:22.7, Y:31).
If you do not have fisher or would like to Scrip farm with Mining & Botany nodes then you just want to hit every White Scrip node available starting with the ones from this expansion . For specific rotations, plese refer to the Gathering Collectable Guide:
Farming Purple Scrips in FFXIV
Purple Scrips are the other Scrip you will be using while crafting and gathering which focuses more on endgame catchup gear and the highest grade of materia available. The recommended item to craft at level 90 iswhich gives 144 White Scrips per craft at maximum collectability. All Scrip crafts at level 90 give the same amount of Scrips, but has less pre crafts making it preferred amongst players.
Below is a table for each Purple Scrip craft at level 90:
|Lv90 Purple Scrip Craft
With Gathering Scrips, your best option is, which is spear fishing only, but much faster than normal node gathering. This fish is large-sized and also quite slow, making it easy to spear in the waters around The Ruby Sea (X:37, Y:14).
If you do not have fisher or would like to Scrip farm with Mining & Botany nodes then you just want to hit every Purple Scrip node available. For specific rotations, plese refer to the Gathering Collectable Guide:
- 24 May 2023: Guide added.
- Join the FFXIV Open Beta Test on Xbox Series X and S
- FFXIV x FFXVI Crossover Event: A Path Infernal - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- The Moogle Treasure Trove Returns to FFXIV with New Rewards and Challenges! - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - The Maidens Rhapsody: A Tribute to Final Fantasy XI
- FFXIV - Patch 6.55: What to Expect From Endwalkers Last Patch - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - New Hydaelyn and Zodiark Figure
- FFXIV - Pre-Order the New Endwalker Art Collection and Get a Zodiark Idol Minion
- FFXIV Dawntrail: Zones and Battle Content - Sponsored by Butterfinger