The Aitiascope Quick Dungeon Tips and Guide
Welcome to our quick guide to The Aitiascope, the fifth dungeon of Endwalker. This guide aims to be a quick primer for players entering the dungeon for the first time so they will know what to expect.
Full Guide for The Aitiascope
This guide serves as a quick primer for players experiencing the dungeon for the first time. It is aimed to be digestible quickly and targeted towards a specific role, so you can read it while in queue or loading in! For detailed explanations on boss mechanics, take a look at our main guide for the dungeon.
General Mechanics of The Aitiascope
- Livia will shoot conal AoEs from her appendages that are glowing.
- Dodge Aglaea Shot, and be wary of the AoE coming back.
- Dodge both of these mechanics in tandem.
- Rhitahtyn will summon walls obstructing the outside and charge down the middle path. Avoid this by moving into the faster crevices that appear.
- Move to the areas that Tartarean Spark does not go to.
- The charge mechanic will be accompanied with Tartarean Spark on one side, so move to the crevice on the side that is not targeted.
- Amon will cast a lot of AoEs. Thundaga are a set of conals, Left and Right Firaga cleave Amon's left and right, and Eurption spawns AoEs.
- Line of sight Curtain Call using the ice block that spawns towards the end.
Quick Tips for Tanks
- Go at the pace of what your party can handle.
- Livia's Aglaea Bite, Rhitahtyn's Anvil of Tartarus, and Amon's Dark Forte are the tank busters to watch out for.
- Tanks mobs closer to the edge of the paths, as there are point-blank and conal AoEs that may cover the path.
- Large pulls between the first and second boss are a breeze due to the NPCs giving you buffs and dealing heavy damage to mobs.
Quick Tips for Healers
- Livia's Frustration, Rhitahtyn's Tartarean Impact, and Amon's Entr'acte are the raidwides to watch out for. Amon's in particular does a lot of damage.
Quick Tips for DPS
- Use AoE during trash pulls!
- If you haven't already been doing so, start helping your healer mitigate raidwides with abilities like and .
- The final boss has no positional indicator.
- The ice block has collision, so players cannot dash through it. Save Sprint to get behind the ice block for Curtain Call.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Join the FFXIV Open Beta Test on Xbox Series X and S
- FFXIV x FFXVI Crossover Event: A Path Infernal - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- The Moogle Treasure Trove Returns to FFXIV with New Rewards and Challenges! - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - The Maidens Rhapsody: A Tribute to Final Fantasy XI
- FFXIV - Patch 6.55: What to Expect From Endwalkers Last Patch - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - New Hydaelyn and Zodiark Figure
- FFXIV - Pre-Order the New Endwalker Art Collection and Get a Zodiark Idol Minion
- FFXIV Dawntrail: Zones and Battle Content - Sponsored by Butterfinger