The Aitiascope Quick Dungeon Tips and Guide
Welcome to our quick guide to The Aitiascope, the fifth dungeon of Endwalker. This guide aims to be a quick primer for players entering the dungeon for the first time so they will know what to expect.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Full Guide for The Aitiascope
This guide serves as a quick primer for players experiencing the dungeon for the first time. It is aimed to be digestible quickly and targeted towards a specific role, so you can read it while in queue or loading in! For detailed explanations on boss mechanics, take a look at our main guide for the dungeon.
General Mechanics of The Aitiascope
- Livia will shoot conal AoEs from her appendages that are glowing.
- Dodge Aglaea Shot, and be wary of the AoE coming back.
- Dodge both of these mechanics in tandem.
- Rhitahtyn will summon walls obstructing the outside and charge down the middle path. Avoid this by moving into the faster crevices that appear.
- Move to the areas that Tartarean Spark does not go to.
- The charge mechanic will be accompanied with Tartarean Spark on one side, so move to the crevice on the side that is not targeted.
- Amon will cast a lot of AoEs. Thundaga are a set of conals, Left and Right Firaga cleave Amon's left and right, and Eurption spawns AoEs.
- Line of sight Curtain Call using the ice block that spawns towards the end.
Quick Tips for Tanks
- Go at the pace of what your party can handle.
- Livia's Aglaea Bite, Rhitahtyn's Anvil of Tartarus, and Amon's Dark Forte are the tank busters to watch out for.
- Tanks mobs closer to the edge of the paths, as there are point-blank and conal AoEs that may cover the path.
- Large pulls between the first and second boss are a breeze due to the NPCs giving you buffs and dealing heavy damage to mobs.
Quick Tips for Healers
- Livia's Frustration, Rhitahtyn's Tartarean Impact, and Amon's Entr'acte are the raidwides to watch out for. Amon's in particular does a lot of damage.
Quick Tips for DPS
- Use AoE during trash pulls!
- If you haven't already been doing so, start helping your healer mitigate raidwides with abilities like Addle and Feint.
- The final boss has no positional indicator.
- The ice block has collision, so players cannot dash through it. Save Sprint to get behind the ice block for Curtain Call.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
More FFXIV Content
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- FFXIV PLL #76 Recap - 6.4 Live Letter Part 1
- FFXIV PLL #75 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 2
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released