Wondrous Tails Guide for FFXIV
Wondrous Tails is a weekly activity where players can complete older content to receive unique rewards. On this page, you will learn about how to unlock and complete Wondrous Tails, in addition to the unique rewards you can receive from this activity!
Wondrous Tails is a weekly activity where players receive a journal filled with duties from previous expansions or patches. Completing these duties will grant players seals, and players who earn nine seals can turn in their journals to receive great rewards.
Wondrous Tails is managed by the young Miqo'te Khloe Aliapoh, a friend to all in Idyllshire and the younger sister of Zhloe Aliapoh, a Custom Delivery NPC. By collecting stories and filling up your Wondrous Tails journal, you can give her new fuel for her stories in return for rewards such as cosmetics, currency, and experience.
How to Unlock Wondrous Tails
To unlock Wondrous Tails, players must have reached level 60 in one Disciple of War or Magic job and have access to Idyllshire, the endgame hub of the Heavensward expansion. A quest called "Keeping Up with the Aliapohs" will then become available at the NPC Unctuous Adventurer (x7.0, y5.9). Completion of this quest will explain and unlock Wondrous Tails.
How to Complete Wondrous Tails
Every week, you can talk to Khloe Aliapoh to receive a Wondrous Tails journal, which will be stored in the Key Items and Crystals tab of your inventory. Journals last for two weeks before they are rendered obsolete, meaning you have up to two weeks to complete a journal.
Each Wondrous Tails journal is divided into four main sections.
- The top left indicates the duties you can complete to receive a seal.
- The top right indicates the seals that you have obtained.
- The bottom left indicates the amount of Second Chance points you own, as well as information on your current completion progress.
- The bottom right indicates the rewards you can receive for this week's Wondrous Tails.
By completing one of the duties in your journal, you can receive a seal by clicking that duty icon. A random seal will then be assigned to one of the sixteen seal slots on the top right. You can only receive one seal per objective at a time, but by using Second Chance points you can Retry a previously completed duty. You must amass nine seals in order to submit your journal to Khloe.
In addition, you can receive bonus rewards if your seals align properly. The seal system works like Bingo: a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line of four seals in a row will grant you one line of seals. There are increasing rewards based on how many lines you can get, up to three.
Once you are satisfied with your journal, you can turn it in with Khloe to receive your rewards!
Second Chance Points
Second Chance points are rewarded when you complete a duty with one or more party members that are new to the duty, including yourself! You can only receive one Second Chance point per duty. These are used to either Retry a duty or Shuffle your current seals.
- Retry allows you to select a duty you have previously completed and render it incomplete, allowing you to do it again. Retrying costs 1 Second Chance point.
- Shuffle allows you to randomly shuffle the position of all the seals in your journal. You can only shuffle when you have between 3 and 7 seals. Shuffling costs 2 Second Chance points.
Second Chance points are a great incentive to play with newer players through older duties!
List of Wondrous Tails Duties
The duties included in Wondrous Tails encompass almost every duty released in previous expansions, along with certain older duties in the current expansion. You can complete duties unsynced if the option exists.
There will be four general dungeon duties in your journal. Complete any dungeon within the level range for completion.
- Dungeons (Lv. 1-49)
- Dungeons (Lv. 50)
- Dungeons (Lv. 51-59)
- Dungeons (Lv. 60)
- Dungeons (Lv. 61-69)
- Dungeons (Lv. 70)
- Dungeons (Lv. 71-79)
- Dungeons (Lv. 80)
- Dungeons (Lv. 81-89)
- Dungeons (Lv. 90)
Alliance Raids, Normal Raids, and Extreme Trials are included as well. These will fill up the twelve other slots in your journal.
- The Crystal Tower Alliance Raids: Labyrinth of the Ancients, Syrcus Tower, or The World of Darkness;
- The Shadow of Mhach Alliance Raids: The Void Ark, The Weeping City of Mhach, or Dun Scaith;
- The Return to Ivalice Alliance Raids: The Royal City of Rabanastre, The Ridorana Lighthouse, or The Orbonne Monastery;
- The NieR: Dark Apocalypse Alliance Raids: The Copied Factory, The Puppets' Bunker, or The Tower at Paradigm's Breach;
- All encounters in the Binding Coil of Bahamut raid series except Turn 3;
- All encounters in the Alexander raid series;
- All encounters in the Omega raid series;
- All encounters in the Eden raid series;
- All normal encounters in the Pandaemonium raid series;
- All Extreme Trials introduced in A Realm Reborn except Hildibrand trials;
- All Extreme Trials introduced in Heavensward;
- All Extreme Trials introduced in Stormblood;
- All Extreme Trials introduced in Shadowbringers;
- The two Deep Dungeons, Palace of the Dead or Heaven on High (you only need to complete one set of floors, not the entire thing);
- PvP modes, including Frontlines, Rival Wings, and Crystalline Conflict;
- Treasure Map portals, including Aquapolis, Uznair, or Lyhe Ghiah.
Turning in a journal with 9 seals grants you the base reward of experience points, roughly 50% of the EXP needed to level up, as well as an option of three base rewards. Any additional lines will let you choose one of three items from that reward set indicated in your journal!
|Completion||Reward Option 1||Reward Option 2||Reward Option 3|
|9 Seals||1 Allagan Platinum Piece||500 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics||1 Timeworn Zonureskin Map|
|1 Line||1 MGP Gold Card||1 Khloe's Bronze Certificate of Commendation||50 Allagan Tomestone of Revelation|
|2 Lines||2 MGP Platinum Card||1 Khloe's Silver Certificate of Commendation||500 Allagan Tomestone of Allegory|
|3 Lines||20 MGP Platinum Card||3 Khloe's Silver Certificate of Commendation||1 Khloe's Gold Certificate of Commendation|
You can trade in Khloe's Certificates of Commendations for items by talking with Khloe.
Bronze Certificate Rewards
Here are the rewards you can receive by trading in Khloe's Bronze Certificate of Commendation.
|Item Name||Amount||Type||Certificate Cost|
|Mhachi Matter||14||Materia Currency||1|
|Mhachi Demimatter||8||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Cluster||6||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Crystal||3||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Planicluster||4||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Planicrystal||2||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Stellacluster||2||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Stellacrystal||1||Materia Currency||1|
|Magicked Prism (Bomb Head)||20||Magicked Prism||1|
|Magicked Prism (Namazu)||20||Magicked Prism||1|
|Cracked Dendrocluster||8||Materia Currency||2|
|Cracked Dendrocrystal||4||Materia Currency||2|
|Cracked Anthocluster||4||Materia Currency||2|
|Cracked Anthocrystal||2||Materia Currency||2|
|Magicked Prism (Spriggan)||20||Magicked Prism||1|
Silver Certificate Rewards
Here are the rewards you can receive by trading in Khloe's Silver Certificate of Commendation.
|Item Name||Amount||Type||Certificate Cost|
|Cracked Planicluster||8||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Planicrystal||4||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Stellacluster||4||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Stellacrystal||2||Materia Currency||1|
|Ornate Exarchic Coat of Fending||1||Equipment||2|
|Ornate Exarchic Mail of Maiming||1||Equipment||2|
|Ornate Exarchic Top of Striking||1||Equipment||2|
|Ornate Exarchic Top of Aiming||1||Equipment||2|
|Ornate Exarchic Top of Scouting||1||Equipment||2|
|Ornate Exarchic Coat of Healing||1||Equipment||2|
|Ornate Exarchic Coat of Casting||1||Equipment||2|
|Cait Sith Neck Ribbon||1||Glamour||2|
|Brave New Urianger||1||Minion||1|
Gold Certificate Rewards
Here are the rewards you can receive by trading in Khloe's Gold Certificate of Commendation.
|Item Name||Amount||Type||Certificate Cost|
|Cracked Dendrocluster||24||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Dendrocrystal||12||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Anthocluster||12||Materia Currency||1|
|Cracked Anthocrystal||6||Materia Currency||1|
- 10 Jan. 2023: Updated to reflect Patch 6.3 adjustments.
- 20 Dec. 2021: Updated reward tables for commendations.
- 03 Dec. 2021: Edited to reflect Patch 6.0 adjustments.
- 27 Nov. 2021: Guide added.
More FFXIV Content
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- FFXIV PLL #76 Recap - 6.4 Live Letter Part 1
- FFXIV PLL #75 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 2
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released