FORUMS
Damien

Completed Quests Checker

Guest Joe

Is there a way to filter the unavailable pre-cataclysm quests from the checker so you can have a more accurate streamlined list of remaining quests?

Guest Chet

Hi,

Just to add to the known issue of "realm not found", I've been trying to check on my main character. Gorathios, realm LaughingSkull and the region is US, can someone please post with a response

Guest jd

I had to change browsers.  

Safari-no good.  

Chrome- no problems.  

Developer working on it. 

Good luck,hope this helps.

Guest jd

Hi,

Just to add to the known issue of "realm not found", I've been trying to check on my main character. Gorathios, realm LaughingSkull and the region is US, can someone please post with a response

I had same problem.  Believe it or not I switched from using Sarai to Chrome and that was what the problem was.  Developer is working on it.

Hi,

Can you make a screenshot of the page with Laughing Skull entered in the real name field?

Is there a way to filter the unavailable pre-cataclysm quests from the checker so you can have a more accurate streamlined list of remaining quests?

No, I'll see what I can do in my next upgrade of the tool for Legion.

Guest SmashingQuasar

I've zeroed some issues with this tool - which is still an incredibly useful tool wink.png - which are:

- Some quests which are impossible to get becaus they were never added in game are still displayed as "not completed". You can check this issue by trying Elwynn Forest with EU-Quasar@Medivh and you'll see "Elwynn South Distance Trial: 30", a quest that doesn't exist in game. Similar issue with "Get My Keys!" in Nagrand: this quest has never been added to the game and Dr. Fingers is nowhere to be found.

- Some quests which are actually completed by the character are displayed as not completed. Take EU-Quasar@Medivh and check Westfall's quests, you'll see "I TAKE CANDLE!" which is a quest already completed by this character and still displayed as not completed.

I've zeroed some issues with this tool - which is still an incredibly useful tool wink.png - which are:

- Some quests which are impossible to get becaus they were never added in game are still displayed as "not completed". You can check this issue by trying Elwynn Forest with EU-Quasar@Medivh and you'll see "Elwynn South Distance Trial: 30", a quest that doesn't exist in game. Similar issue with "Get My Keys!" in Nagrand: this quest has never been added to the game and Dr. Fingers is nowhere to be found.

- Some quests which are actually completed by the character are displayed as not completed. Take EU-Quasar@Medivh and check Westfall's quests, you'll see "I TAKE CANDLE!" which is a quest already completed by this character and still displayed as not completed.

Thanks for the feedback!

I agree that the first issue is not optimal, but the quest exists in the game files and I'd need to delete these few extra quests from the tool manually for every zone, which is not very practical.

For the second point, if the tool says the quest is not completed, then it means that in the data we get from Blizzard's WoW API, the quest is marked as not completed and there is nothing I can do about this. 

Guest Fernflower

I am looking for the start quest that will ultimately get you admiral Taylor as a garrison follower. Please help....

13 hours ago, Guest Fernflower said:

I am looking for the start quest that will ultimately get you admiral Taylor as a garrison follower. Please help....

If you want help on this, you need to start a new thread in the World of Warcraft section :)

Guest Marcelo

im getting a issue when trying to search the the quests on tha Aggra(Português) server..

" Request failed for the following reason: Realm not found.. " is the only thing that i can see after press the button "Show Remaining quests". Any suggestion??

thank you

Guest czmAvery

I can't seem to find the quests my character Forien (from Icecrown) has completed. I'm new. Could this be why?

On 7 June 2016 at 0:45 AM, Guest Marcelo said:

im getting a issue when trying to search the the quests on tha Aggra(Português) server..

" Request failed for the following reason: Realm not found.. " is the only thing that i can see after press the button "Show Remaining quests". Any suggestion??

thank you

You forgot the space between Aggro and the opening parenthesis.

11 hours ago, Guest czmAvery said:

I can't seem to find the quests my character Forien (from Icecrown) has completed. I'm new. Could this be why?

Which realm do you play on?

Guest InternalServer Error

I keep getting  the following 

Request failed for the following reason: Internal server error..  

when trying to check any area for quests on any of my characters on server Area 52.  

Checked several on Khaz'goroth and quests show up fine.  

Any of my characters on Area 52 get the internal server error

9 hours ago, Guest InternalServer Error said:

when trying to check any area for quests on any of my characters on server Area 52.  

Seems like there's an issue with Area 52 on Blizzard side.

9 hours ago, Guest InternalServer Error said:

There's a problem on Blizzard's side. I can't get anything from US Area 52 (the EU realm works fine).

When i try to look up a area to find quests i get this error and i tryed it on firefox and same thing :/

Edit: seems to be fixed now

Request failed for the following reason: Internal server error..

Edited by Twist
Resolved

These internal server errors are what we get from Blizzard's API servers when trying to query them :(

Guest Questchaser
On 12/2/2013 at 3:46 AM, Damien said:

Could you please provide me with a link to your characters' armory?

There is much to improve indeed and I'll try to fix some of the issues during the beta of Warlords of Draenor. That said, if someone could provide me with an example showing many of the issues to fix, I'd be very grateful.

The quest tracker says that I need "Unstoppable Onslaught" in Hillsbrad Foothills, but this quest was only in the beta

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28752/unstoppable-onslaught In the comments, people confirm this quest was only in beta.

2 hours ago, Guest Questchaser said:

The quest tracker says that I need "Unstoppable Onslaught" in Hillsbrad Foothills, but this quest was only in the beta

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28752/unstoppable-onslaught In the comments, people confirm this quest was only in beta.

Thanks! It'll get removed when I updated the tool for Legion.

I noticed that some of mine are still saying incomplete I know why but not sure if you guys can fix that or not but have to say I LOOOOVE it! I was using wowhead for awhile but it kept saying I couldn't complete quests or incomplete even if I did do them even said I completed ones I hadn't completed. For the ones that I have completed I noticed that Blizzard has kept the old quests in the database but remade them and gave them a different ID number like Search Stillpine hold (this is one of those that have two different Quest ID's but the quest is exactly the same)

6 hours ago, Leiaza said:

I noticed that some of mine are still saying incomplete I know why but not sure if you guys can fix that or not but have to say I LOOOOVE it! I was using wowhead for awhile but it kept saying I couldn't complete quests or incomplete even if I did do them even said I completed ones I hadn't completed. For the ones that I have completed I noticed that Blizzard has kept the old quests in the database but remade them and gave them a different ID number like Search Stillpine hold (this is one of those that have two different Quest ID's but the quest is exactly the same)

That's exactly how it is. There are plenty of quests left in the game files that are no longer used and that have the same name as active quests. There are so many of them that I can't realistically go through the database and remove them :p So, I just give a list of quests that Blizzard thinks you haven't completed for a given and hope people will manage to sort through the list.

Guest asdf

Hello ,

just curious when you are going to fix this. Been down for 2 days now.

On 16 August 2016 at 3:52 AM, Guest asdf said:

Hello ,

just curious when you are going to fix this. Been down for 2 days now.

No it hasn't. It's occasionally down because the hard drive of the server is full (because the server logs have increased in size so much with the Legion pre-patch). I'll change the server soon, but the tool is working like 99% of the time.

Guest Please update!

Please please please update this for Legion.  Need to figure out what I am missing in Suramar for rep.