FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

Destro's opener involves getting two Chaos Bolts in your first 10 seconds.  Do whatever you must to make that happen.

any advice? :s using PBI and BBoy.. always short of embers for the 2nd cb =(

any advice? :s using PBI and BBoy.. always short of embers for the 2nd cb =(

Dark Soul your Immolate, Rain of Fire, Conflagrate, Incinerate a couple times. You have 4-5 seconds before BBOY gets adequate to squeeze two Chaos Bolts at high stacks, which is plenty of time to get a few Incinerates off for the second ember.

Dark Soul your Immolate, Rain of Fire, Conflagrate, Incinerate a couple times. You have 4-5 seconds before BBOY gets adequate to squeeze two Chaos Bolts at high stacks, which is plenty of time to get a few Incinerates off for the second ember.

i assume that u would consume ur Backfire just to squeeze in the cb ? :D

Why would you waste Backdraft*** stacks in your opener? You have plenty of time to get two chaos bolts off because you have your meta gem proc (30% like Backdraft would provide) and possibly Heroism and/or Berserking if you're Troll.

No bueno.

Why would you waste Backdraft*** stacks in your opener? You have plenty of time to get two chaos bolts off because you have your meta gem proc (30% like Backdraft would provide) and possibly Heroism and/or Berserking if you're Troll.

No bueno.

Blah crap keep getting my stuffs naming wrong guess i'm tired. Thx for the info. will try it later in the night before raid. Cheers ^^

No bueno.

I disagree.  I get about 4 CB's off in my opener.  Occasionally I'll even luck out and get Toxic Power to proc back to back.  I pretty much always use my 2nd and 3rd Conflag to push out more CB's, because with all those buffs that's the best damage you're going to get.

For trinkets I have breath of hydra (prefer it over Wooshoo) and LFR bindings from Immersus.

My opener is thus:

Pot - Synapse Springs - (Blood Fury - Dark Soul) <--- those two are macro'd so I press 1 button - Immolate - Conflag X2 - then as many Incin's I need til I get 2 chaos bolts and THEN I throw out my Doomguard.  

Is the above right?  I wonder if I should get my doomguard out a bit earlier with all my procs up or just not worry about it.

For trinkets I have breath of hydra (prefer it over Wooshoo) and LFR bindings from Immersus.

My opener is thus:

Pot - Synapse Springs - (Blood Fury - Dark Soul) <--- those two are macro'd so I press 1 button - Immolate - Conflag X2 - then as many Incin's I need til I get 2 chaos bolts and THEN I throw out my Doomguard.  

Is the above right?  I wonder if I should get my doomguard out a bit earlier with all my procs up or just not worry about it.

Looks good, but yes, I would definitely get your Doomguard out with the rest of your CD's (DS/SS).

No bueno.

I'd "waste" stacks of Backdraft anyday if it let me cast another buffed CB.

If youre destro only, I would use WF Helm, until you can throw together a 4 piece.  The secondary stats are better, and theres about 300 more intellect on it as well.  2 piece is amazing for Affliction, but not so much destro.  Destro shines with the 4pc.  If you go Affi as off-spec...use both.  Tier for affi, and WF for destro.

Well I am destro only do have off spec in demo which I have played and could go affliction just got to get them down to being good. Going to take Thok on tonight should I try for the T Helm if it drops or pass on it. In the end for Destro I had plan to get T shoulders, gloves(got), chest, and Legs and use WF helm which now have. 

I have a question for those with an affliction offspec. What are you doing reforge wise? Are you using different reforges per spec change or are you using one that accommodates both specs? 

I have a question for those with an affliction offspec. What are you doing reforge wise? Are you using different reforges per spec change or are you using one that accommodates both specs? 

I get to 9778 haste for the Agony Tick

Depends on the level you're playing at. If you're just doing normals and such, a reforge that works for both specs you're playing is fine. Honestly, my Destro reforge still lets me do numbers I find acceptable as Affliction. When you're raiding hardcore and doing heroics progression, most people generally reforge for the spec they're using on the progression fight.

You can use any spec's reforge for any other spec and do quite respectable numbers. Your reforge and stat priorities are almost none of your damage. Your difference from week to week and fight to fight will be gear upgrades and most of all how well you actually play. It's hardly worth worrying about reforge as DPS.

I disagree.  I get about 4 CB's off in my opener.  Occasionally I'll even luck out and get Toxic Power to proc back to back.  I pretty much always use my 2nd and 3rd Conflag to push out more CB's, because with all those buffs that's the best damage you're going to get.

How do you manage to get 4 CB's off in your opener? I stuggle to get 2, just like everyone else, unless your opener lasts 5 minutes or something wink.png

I would have thought a 3rd conflag is already past the opening sequence.

Edited by Wolland

How do you manage to get 4 CB's off in your opener? I stuggle to get 2, just like everyone else, unless your opener lasts 5 minutes or something wink.png

This. I can easily get off 3 CB's, but 4? Does everything you do crit, so you get double embers from it? :P

I go for the 9778 haste BP for aff as well, but I MS affliction on most fights.  The few that I use destro for (Spoils, Garrosh and Galakras) I don't reforge.  The 4k or so extra crit is not that noticeable to me.

I go for the 9778 haste BP for aff as well, but I MS affliction on most fights.  The few that I use destro for (Spoils, Garrosh and Galakras) I don't reforge.  The 4k or so extra crit is not that noticeable to me.

Same, however I play Destro as MS, I only go Affli on Protectors, Shaman, and Thok.

We could push the 10124 threshold later on with higher ilvls, 56-something?

Same, however I play Destro as MS, I only go Affli on Protectors, Shaman, and Thok.

We could push the 10124 threshold later on with higher ilvls, 56-something?

I wouldn't do it (Well, I don't) if you are not going to multidot immo.

You can get 4 in with lucky crits and using conflag charges on cb. I usually use all my charges on incin off the bat to fill my first ember. Full buffs, procs, and 4 piece crit bonus for the first two cbs :3

How do you manage to get 4 CB's off in your opener? I stuggle to get 2, just like everyone else, unless your opener lasts 5 minutes or something wink.png

This. I can easily get off 3 CB's, but 4? Does everything you do crit, so you get double embers from it? tongue.png

Likewise...how do you manage to generate three embers in 10 seconds (BBOY/KTT) AND get four Chaos bolts off?

Thinking about even the first 20 seconds (PBI)...6-10 seconds casting the four Chaos Bolts + you've gotta generate three embers...and you said you're using your backdrafts on the Chaos Bolts instead of quicker Incinerates for more embers.

So just to get 30 ember bits in 20 seconds single target, what would it take:

Immolate can generate 11 if it Crits every time (Hero + Meta & 7800 haste). So the other 19 from Incinerate/Conflag crits/RoF. Assuming the three Conflag's crit (two initial and one after 15 sec CD) that's three embers, and assume RoF generates 2 if you keep it up for meta haste procs, 14 embers left. If you Crit every time with Incinerate that would take 7 casts of Critting Incinerates.

Three globals for Conflag and they crit (3 sec), Two for RoF (2 sec), Two cast times for Critting Immolates (2 sec, refreshed at some point), and 7 Incinerate Crits with 1 second casts with Heroism? (9 seconds) and Four Chaos Bolts with lots o' haste (6 seconds, heroism?+meta+2 w/ Backdraft) =~ 22 seconds

It may be possible with heroism...assuming everything crits.

Unless you're talking for a multi-target fight like Guardians,Paragons, or Garrosh?

People are confusing 'opener' with 'start of the fight.'  Your "opener" is a special rotation you do with all procs live that differs from a normal rotation.  Once you go back to your Conflag on CD, keep Immo up, and use CB with buffs, you've left your "opener" and joined your "rotation." 

There is no 20 second "opener."  There is a 10 second "opener" and nothing after that except a normal rotation that will still have an Intellect bonus from PBI.  No one gets 4 CBs off in 10 seconds.  No one.  Ever.  It's impossible.

Why does everyone assume the opener is the first 10 seconds?  Your opener is the window in which you have a ton of buffs up, including potion.  I have buffs that go over the 10 second window, as do most of you.  For me, my opener ends when my first DS ends.  I can easily fit 4 CB's in there, sometimes 5 depending on the fight.

People are confusing 'opener' with 'start of the fight.'  Your "opener" is a special rotation you do with all procs live that differs from a normal rotation.  Once you go back to your Conflag on CD, keep Immo up, and use CB with buffs, you've left your "opener" and joined your "rotation." 

There is no 20 second "opener."  There is a 10 second "opener" and nothing after that except a normal rotation that will still have an Intellect bonus from PBI.  No one gets 4 CBs off in 10 seconds.  No one.  Ever.  It's impossible.

When I'm still using Conflag in my first 20 seconds to get off as many CB's as possible, I don't consider that my rotation, because I don't normally do that.

I'm with Omaric. I don't agree with 10 seconds.

Yes, the opener is the particular way you start a fight in order to take advantage of the only time in the fight where you will have all of your buffs and procs. This means DS, PBI, KTT, Potion, Hero, Jade Spirit, Tempus Repit, and possibly Lightweave and/or Synapse Springs if you have the professions for them. Oh, and Skull Banner if you have warriors.

I totally agree with the opener being 20 seconds. Potion + Hero + Immo + PBI are all up for 20 seconds. The first ten seconds might be stronger with KTT and Banner and Repit, but you're still going to be stronger than any other part of the fight with the rest up. That 10 seconds also isn't precisely 10 seconds. With all of those RPPM mechanics, some may proc back-to-back, or one or two may not proc on your very first spell. If you have a warrior and they're good, they're not popping skull banner on their very first button, because they're going to take 2-3 seconds to get rage before they drop it and unload.

Even still, I don't see 4 CBs in 20 seconds unless you have mad RNG. I don't think it's consistently possible just because of how much time it takes to cast them and how many spells it takes to generate 30 emberbits.