FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

Maybe I'm lucky and maybe I'm not, but if I don't get 4 CB's in my first 20 seconds I did it wrong.  I do it a lot.  :D

You guys have some weird openers.  After my Toxic Blood wears off and my 2nd CB is off, I'm back to recharging Embers for another proc.  I'll fire another CB before PBI's buff wears off, but I go right into my rotation.  Perhaps this is why people are having a difficult time hitting the 800k opener?

Tempus Repit = 10 seconds (only Haste)

Jade Spirit = 15 seconds

Dark Soul = 20 seconds

Potion = 25 seconds

KTT = 10 seconds

PBI = 20 seconds

BBoY = 10 seconds

Lightweave = 15 seconds

Synapse Springs = 10 seconds

Berserking = 10 seconds

Blood Fury = 15 seconds

After all that stuff wears off after 10ish seconds, you should be doing your normal rotation.  You might consume Backdraft in first 10 seconds to get a CB off with procs, but if you're doing that after 10 seconds, you're making a critical mistake.  Your NORMAL rotation involves using Chaos Bolt with procs live, so you all are technically doing your normal rotation but trying to get Chaos Bolts going because you have procs.  The opener should be ONLY 10 seconds in that you should be Conflagrating twice in a row (never happens again), using Immolate once, using Incinerate 4x and then using 2 Chaos Bolts.  That is your 10 second opener (adjust one Incinerate off if your Haste sucks).  After that, you all should be doing your normal rotation.

You guys have some weird openers.  After my Toxic Blood wears off and my 2nd CB is off, I'm back to recharging Embers for another proc.  I'll fire another CB before PBI's buff wears off, but I go right into my rotation.  Perhaps this is why people are having a difficult time hitting the 800k opener?

o_O

800k is on the low end for me.

Single target?  On Thok last night, I kept opening around 750-800k consistently in first 15 seconds with one of his interrupts.  I used to spike higher with BBoY, but my sustained is more important to me, hence PBI and KTT.

Single target?  On Thok last night, I kept opening around 750-800k consistently in first 15 seconds with one of his interrupts.  I used to spike higher with BBoY, but my sustained is more important to me, hence PBI and KTT.

I opened for about 1.2 million on Immerseus Tuesday.

877k on Thok last week.

1.23, 1.21 and 800k on our Iron Jugs attempts last week.

But did you sustain?  And it is dependent on trinkets.  Also, you're in a 25 man.  More skullbanners, Stormlash, etc. 

We're talking about openers right?

I don't think my sustain is bad, I generally rank when I'm doing well.  But yes, if it makes you feel better, we have 2 warriors that may or may not be using Skull Banner, inflating my DPS by 400k...... or something...... yeah......

Skull banner shows up in "buffs gained" right?  Can't seem to find it.

Our raid comp:

Warlock

Hunter x2

Elemental Shaman

Rogue

Prot Paladin

BM Monk

Disc Priest

Resto Druid

Resto Shaman

We don't have a warrior anymore, so my opener will always be 20% less without Skull Banner.  I only receive tricks after the Rogue's first use to get aggro on the tank.  Don't underestimate the bump you get from 10 to 25 man in terms of DPS and CD stacking.  Ask Zanzal...she moved from 10 to 25 and saw her DPS go up over 100k in the opener with shitty lag.

The point was 800k isn't low by a self-generating means.  Those that go over 1M on single target are getting outside help.

I wish I got tricks. *daydreams*

I didn't say 800k was low, I said it was low for *me*.  :P

HUMBLEBRAG BRO

If your top DPS in your guild (which I saw in your meters), why aren't you getting tricks on CD?  15% dmg buff for 6 seconds on 30 second CD = 3% dmg buff.  One Rogue in your group isn't earning his keep.

Cuz I'm too much for our tank's threat to handle?  I don't know, lol.  I've asked, but my rogue buddy (who will be coming to Blizzcon as well) had to stop playing.  Even when he was here though, there was another rogue, and they made sweet Tricks Love to each other.  Fucking rogues....... *eye slits*

So silly.  I made a WA for Tricks...extra 15% on my CB is quite tasty.  On Thok, I actually watch for it and try to line it up wtih an Ember filling up for 30% boost to CB.

I don't think I've ever hated you like I hate you right meow.  It's kind of exciting.

Sounds like Timeless Isle general chat.  Just going to let you know right now I feed on those tears and will enhance your hatred with my Flag of Ownership. 

Let the hate flow...

I'm not saying I don't go for two embers in the first ten seconds. I'm just saying I don't consider that the end of my opener, as I'm still pushing another CB as quick as I can and if the RNG gods are good maybe a second. I just have to have a lot of crits to get 30 emberbits. 

Also forgot, you guys are Horde. Easier to fit a 4th CD in 20 seconds when you have Berserking. (Cue Locky to rage on racials).

800k is a bit out of my reach at the moment. Lower ilvl and a flex weapon means I can't actually get my numbers that high. It's everything I can do to get a Chaos Bolt for a little over 2mil at the moment. I can break 700k, but 800k is having the stars aligning (though I did get a nice little bit of that Tuesday on Juggernaut with 4 straight KTT procs back to back on the pull, stayed over 400k almost to phase 2).

Is the stat priority still valid for the current patch?

Having virtually no haste would make casting incinerates without backdraft a big pain, atleast for me :-). - I'm currently sitting on 24,5 % haste from haste rating alone :O.

Should I gem purely for mastery, or go for socket bonus that provide +60 int or better?

Or should I only gem for socket bonus, if sockets are red or yellow (int mastery gem/mastery gem).

Your efforts are much appreciated, thank you for this very detailed post!

//Zokeh

Edited by Zokeh

Having virtually no haste would make casting incinerates without backdraft a big pain, atleast for me :-). - I'm currently sitting on 24,5 % haste from haste rating alone ohmy.png.

Should I gem purely for mastery, or go for socket bonus that provide +60 int or better?

Or should I only gem for socket bonus, if sockets are red or yellow (int mastery gem/mastery gem).

//Zokeh

You are so intent on stats that it's almost scary. Just make mastery your priority. I don't really recommend skipping out on socket bonuses, but sometimes it just doesn't matter. Incinerate without backdraft really isn't that slow of a cast. Haste is basically my lowest stat and I don't feel like I'm slugging around.

Having virtually no haste would make casting incinerates without backdraft a big pain, atleast for me :-). - I'm currently sitting on 24,5 % haste from haste rating alone ohmy.png.

//Zokeh

Just use Mr.Robot, use a haste cap you're comfortable playing with and then reforge the remaining ratings to crit rating.

Zagam really should open a thread and fixed with the title saying "DESTRO STATS = MASTERY > CRIT =~ Haste"

And a Pony image inside the thread.