Feral Druid DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Feral Druid, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Feral DPS Druid gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Feral Druid
This section specifically covers your character's optimal gems, enchants, food, and phials. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Feral Druid, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
For all consumables excluding food in the lists below, you should utilize lower ranks of the same rank 3 options listed if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. The price difference is often significant for a small loss in stats gained.
Best Gems for Feral Druid
Due to secondary stat diminishing returns, your gems may fluctuate slightly depending on what is currently present on your gear, so keep this in mind.
You should make sure to have one Inscribed Illimited Diamond as your single unique Primalist gem. To fill the rest of the slots, you will want Sensei's Neltharite or Sensei's Alexstraszite in all other slots. Alternatively, if you find you have enough Mastery but not enough Haste, you can use Keen Neltharite or Keen Ysemerald.
Remember, though, especially at higher gear levels, your stats can and will alter depending on your current gear set. This means you may see more benefit from different stat distributions, so you should always aim to sim your character if you are looking for the ideal picks.
Best Enchants for Feral Druid
In Season 3 Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion has outpaced alternatives in single target and keeps up in AoE. Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion is still very close behind, and your decision here is mostly down to preference.
The Incandescent Essence is acquired following a quest chain that begins after defeating Gnarlroot within the new Amirdrassil raid. This grants the Igira's Cruel Nightmare proc effect and can be re-used, so use it as soon as you get one on your head.
Cloak, Bracer, and Boot enchants are personal preferences as they have no direct impact on performance, but we recommend Avoidance and Stamina for the extra survivability.
While Lambent Armor Kit comes with Versatility instead of Stamina, it also had less Agility compared to Fierce Armor Kit, so it should be avoided.
Consumables for Feral Druid
Best Phials and Potions for Feral
Currently, there are 2 options available based on the situation worth considering for different reasons:
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage — this is generally the strongest option available, giving a large amount of bonus Critical Strike. The downside, however, can be quite dangerous and reduce its uptime, so be wary of using this if you are uncomfortable in an encounter.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility — numerically weaker than the alternative, but comes with the advantage of being more consistent, alongside providing a small damage reduction benefit. It is also much cheaper!
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power (or the cheaper Elemental Potion of Power variant) is your recommended potion in all situations. These potions can also be obtained from a Potion Cauldron of Ultimate Power/ Potion Cauldron of Power, so long as you have five Primal Chaos to convert into potions.
Potion of Shocking Disclosure has some niche benefits for mass AoE situations in Mythic+ if you do not want to pay the high price for other potions but is generally weaker.
Dreamwalker's Healing Potion is the healing potion of choice. Using this has a 5-minute cooldown, but multiple can be consumed in an extended boss fight should it go on long enough. You can also use Potion of Withering Vitality in emergencies, but be wary of how much damage it deals after being used.
Additionally, Warlock's Healthstones do not share a cooldown with other healing consumables. Remember to use it as well if you are holding one!
Lastly, Alchemy has some more niche potions that can be used even if you are dead. Keeping some Residual Neural Channeling Agent handy in case you need to wait for a battle resurrection can be useful to still get value out of your potion cooldown should you die early.
Best Food for Feral
Whenever possible, if a feast is available, use the one provided in your group ( Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak, for example). Alternatively, for personal food, Deviously Deviled Eggs or Thousandbone Tongueslicer should be used.
Weapon Enhancement Consumables for Feral Druid
Your weapon enhancement consumable of choice is Buzzing Rune for the additional Critical Strike.
Augment Runes for Feral
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7, no changes necessary.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5, small note about Gem alternatives.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1 for new enchants available.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Updated for Primordial Stones hotfixes.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Updated to account for Primordial Stones hotfix.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th