FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
skwrl73

Which Legendary Should I Craft

I'm a committed F2P player trying to decide which Legendary to craft next.  My focus is Standard Ladder, and in addition to power/value/importance of the cards today am also considering how long cards will be in standard until they rotate out and multiple deck flexibility.  I haven't found a ranked list of legendaries for crafting purposes that includes MSOG as well as previous/classic (and maybe it is too early for such a list to be stable?).

I've completed all the expansions and have all those legendaries, but I'll list what other standard legendaries I already have and an ordered list of what I'm considering crafting.  I'd say right now I'm only seriously considering the top 7, Gormok and Vek'lor are primarily nostalgic, and I'll probably dust Beardo.  I look forward to any and all feedback.

Thanks!

HAVE
  • Cho'gall
  • Varian Wrynn
  • Bloodmage Thalnos
  • Auctionmaster Beardo
  • Leeroy Jenkins
  • Sylvanas Windrunner
  • Ragnaros the Firelord
  • Alexstrasza
  • Onyxia
  • Soggoth the Slitherer
  • C'Thun

CONSIDERING

• Patches the Pirate
  • Malygos
  • Ysera
  • Al'akir the Windlord
  • Aya Blackpaw
  • Kazakus
  • Lord Jaraxxus
  • Grommash Hellscream
  • Harrison Jones
  • N'Zoth the Corrupter
  • Don Han'Cho
  • Edwin Van Cleef
  • Cairne Bloodhoof
  • Inkmaster Solia
  • Raza the Chained
  • Malkorok
  • Tirion Fordring
  • Gormok the Impaler
  • Justicar Trueheart
  • Twin-Emperor Vek'lor

19 minutes ago, skwrl73 said:

Patches the Pirate

Do it. Do it for the face. This card is in the best decks of current meta and is a reasonable investment. You already have skeleton in a dress, meaning that you have all the legendaries needed for face shaman, who currently is the best deck.

• Like 1

I feel like Malygos gives you better long-term deck-building options. Furthermore, since it's a standard card, it will not be rotated out like some of your other preferred options. Either that, or Kazakus.

Source: Just crafted Malygos.

Edited by Seastep

57 minutes ago, Seastep said:

I feel like Malygos gives you better long-term deck-building options. Furthermore, since it's a standard card, it will not be rotated out like some of your other preferred options. Either that, or Kazakus.

Source: Just crafted Malygos.

I feel like you're exactly an expansion late with Malygos.dec being a popular and viable option. Opposition is just too fast at the moment. Before Gadgetzan, Druid and Rogue fared well with this card in what essentially was a pocket meta for it. I'll hardly sleeve it up any time soon.

2 hours ago, skwrl73 said:
I'm a committed F2P player trying to decide which Legendary to craft next.  My focus is Standard Ladder, and in addition to power/value/importance of the cards today am also considering how long cards will be in standard until they rotate out and multiple deck flexibility. 

It boils down to what deck do you want to play in Standard.

Patches is #1 card of the format as he makes it in so many archetypes.

Kazakus IMO is #2, because Reno is so popular and strong. I have an opinion that this version of Reno is Wild Mode-level powerful, which means it will rotate out relatively safely, and you can commit and get wins meanwhile.

Aya sees play in Jade decks which there are 3. I wouldn't say these are exceptionally good or bad or she is a core piece of their puzzles, but Jade decks are fun, from a certain point of view.

But make sure to note : Patches and Kazakus belong to entirely different archetypes. So if you are only 1600 dust in, do the homework and be confident with your deck choice.

Patches feels gimmicky and weak.  Kazakus will... suffer when Reno rotates out in April.  Not sure if Jade will feel any stronger than C'Thun in 3 months.  If I drew Solia, Kazakus or Unchained, I'd buy in, but not sure I want to buy in where I'm at.  Feel my pain, I'd adjust to a good deck or decks I could learn... looking for best option, Legendaries are hard to come by F2P...

Patches is missing for Aggro Shaman or Pirate Warrior.

Al'akir or Aya are missing for other top Shamans

Kazakus is missing for Renolock, but Reno rotates out April...

What's tough to understand about my question? ;)

5 hours ago, skwrl73 said:

Patches is missing for Aggro Shaman or Pirate Warrior.

Al'akir or Aya are missing for other top Shamans

Kazakus is missing for Renolock, but Reno rotates out April...

What's tough to understand about my question? ;)

You have Bloodmage Thalnos, you have No Brains, All Guts!; all you miss for a miracle is Edwin VanCleef.

Miracle Rogue is a lasting deck archetype that takes mostly core standard and sprinkles the persistent base with a smattering of improvements from the current meta. If you want to play rogue, Edwin VanCleef is a strong, lasting investment.

6 hours ago, skwrl73 said:

Patches feels gimmicky and weak.  Kazakus will... suffer when Reno rotates out in April.  Not sure if Jade will feel any stronger than C'Thun in 3 months.  If I drew Solia, Kazakus or Unchained, I'd buy in, but not sure I want to buy in where I'm at.  Feel my pain, I'd adjust to a good deck or decks I could learn... looking for best option, Legendaries are hard to come by F2P...

If you think Patches is weak, you definetly haven't played the game recently. Card is dominating the meta so hard I can't even begin to describe it. 

You can rely on our communal opinion. He is in charge now.

Thing about Kazakus and Reno is that Kazakus is the only essential legendary in these decks. Do your homework, look up various builds, and you'll see you have the most other Legendaries for Warlock (or, more precisely, it doesn't use much Niche Legendaries), Inkmaster is a bad card and you don't have to play it in Mage, and Raza is very mediocre. 

I think in terms of power level, C'thun is very outdated, and hardly it could crawl back into relevancy as far as his rotational companions - Mean Streets and One Night - go. Jade is viable now, and it's going to stay that way for some more - 3 months at the very least. That's a lot of time, like, really a lot.

And look, we can't just go and say "do X". We don't want you to blame us if something goes wrong, we just tell you how do we feel bout the game right now and that's it. It's you who should pull the trigger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keizoku said:

You have Bloodmage Thalnos, you have No Brains, All Guts!; all you miss for a miracle is Edwin VanCleef.

Miracle Rogue is a lasting deck archetype that takes mostly core standard and sprinkles the persistent base with a smattering of improvements from the current meta. If you want to play rogue, Edwin VanCleef is a strong, lasting investment.

You know, miracle rogue has a pirate package too. So, Patches is needed as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keizoku said:

As Sottle mentions in his guide, if you don't have Patches the Pirate, you can replace him and the Swashburglar for the SI:7 Agents that were originally cut out. He isn't crucial to the deck like Edwin VanCleef is.

See, if you don't have Patches the Pirate, and don't summon it with an early pirate, you most probably lose board to an aggro, and once you lose board to a Pirate warrior or Aggro shaman, boom, you're dead in around 5 turns. Also, it gives you a chance to kill Reno decks before they get Reno Jackson.

Of course it can be replaced, but deck loses significant power early in the game. Pirate package is what made miracle rogue viable after Gadgetzan expansion.

What I'm trying to say is, Patches the Pirate doesn't specifically support the miracle core, but it is -nearly- a must in todays meta, for classes that can support it.

@FanofValeera: We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Miracle has the tools to deal with an aggro deck even without Patchey. As long as you open/mulligan into them, of course, but the same goes for pirates.

Thanks for all the great feedback, much appreciated.  The support for Van Cleef (here and elsewhere) surprised me, and does sound fun.  I'm a little tired of playing aggro, and think Kazakus is the single card I'm missing for a good Renolock deck, so my planned next 3 legend crafts in order are:

Kazakus, Patches the Pirate, Edwin Van Cleef

I crafted Patches cause I'm so tired of facing Renostone .. My only wish in 2017 no more Reno/ replacement for Reno .. If people think before MSOG shamans were cancer .. Now look answers/ board clears .. I love playing dragon priest but got me to rank 5, unfortunately this season its not working ... 

Miracle rogue is really strong and broken .. Turn 2 big ass Van Cleef, ggwp and they say Patches is broken .. I hope they give murlocs some new cards need more health on them ..