FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mage Dungeon Run

Guest Guzzby

I found the following combination of cards to the most useful in defeating the 8 bosses in the dungeon run with the mage

1.Double Deathrattle + Wax Rager
2.Horn Of Cenarius
3.Crystal Gem
Minimize getting spells until after deafeating 6 bosses
Try to get Frost Lich Jaina, elementals and large minions
Mulligan hard for the Horn Of Cenarius

Guest Eigengeis

In the defence bucket, there sometimes is a 4 mana elemental that reduces the damage your hero takes. Can`t recall the name of it at this moment. But in combination with the cloak of invisibility it provides amazing defence! Unless a boss kills it by aoe you hardly take any damage at all! 

Guest Can't beat this one

This is by far the most rapiest of all dungeon runs, having beaten over 130 bosses, never managed to beat the 8th. Either i fuck up against trap room or the devourer will screw me over. so fucking done with this game now.

Guest Op Bosses

So I thought my deck was great.  I was handling bosses until I got to Candlebeard on slot 7.  I had Cloak of Invisibility so I had no way to put up a wall and with his auto charge, he just sent everything at my face.  It was the most ridiculous op situation I've ever seen with absolutely no chance to counter his epics.

Started working my way through the dungeon on all classes a month ago. Was able to complete a run with 6 out of 9 classes on my own, but really struggled with mage. After reading and following the guide here on Icy Veins, I was able to beat it on my 1st attempt. (Azari was the final boss. I'd beaten Azari before with hunter, but only made it to a final boss once with mage...until now.)

lp5VEf1.png

Treasures I chose:

1) Small Backpacks; 2) Wax Rager; 3) Crystal Gem; 4) Portable Forge

Buckets:

1) Arcane (Rhonin x2); 2) Frost (Water Elemental); 3) Heroic Power (Frost Lich Jaina, Nexus-Champion Saraad); 4) Magical Friends; 5) Magical Friends; 6) Arcane; 7) Arcane

Portable Forge was great in that last fight. I kept it in mulligan and played it on turn 2 to get The Runespear. This enabled me to keep the enemy board clear and preserve my own minions (Mana Wyrm and Arcane Artificer that I played on turn 1).

Wax Rager is just phenomenal. I motion that it be moved from the 'Average' tier to the 'Good' tier, at least. I've gotten to the point where I choose it every time it is presented to me. It can clear most minions, and the synergy with Frost Lich Jaina was an added bonus that I didn't even really need. In between bosses 7 and 8, I was presented with a 2nd Wax Rager alongside the Portable Forge. I agonized over the decision, but chose Forge in the end because it's what your guide told me to do. ? No regrets!

Guest Guest

Just FYI, Mana Wrym is no longer part of the starting default deck since it was nerfed to 2 Mana. It is now Arcane Anomaly

Guest Green

Portable Forge now only summons Aluneth for Mage and presents no options, making it much worse as a treasure.