The Runespear — Shaman Card
Table of Contents
The Runespear is a Shaman-only weapon. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
With the introduction of Kobolds and Catacombs, each class was given a Legendary Weapon. The Runespear is the Shaman version. Although expensive to cast, The Runespear has the ability to influence games with its ability. There is a large amount of variance in the random spells, but in general this ability will be positive and the impact of three random spells over three turns should not be underestimated.
2. Constructed Play
The Runespear is less powerful in Constructed play, as the variance from the random spells makes it difficult to get the required value on a consistent basis. It is still worthy of consideration in Control decks which rely on incremental advantage.
In Arena, The Runespear is a good card. The attack part of the weapon can be controlled and used to get an advantage on board, while the random spells will accumulate to give value over several turns. Whether drawing cards, producing minions, or casting AoE effects, the random spells will tend to help you significantly more than they hinder.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
There are currently no decks on Icy Veins that use this card.
- PC Gamer Reveals Three Treant-Themed Druid Cards
- Three Exciting Cards Revealed In Hearthside Chat With Peter Whalen
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: Ragnaros' Fire Festival!
- Annoy-o-Module Card Reveal
- The Boomsday Project Full Spoiler Schedule
- Magnetic Hearthside Chat Shows Off New Mechanic, Reveals Four New Cards
- The Midsummer Fire Festival Has Returned
- Menacing Nimbus Card Reveal
- Zoo Warlock
- Control Mage
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter