The Runespear — Shaman Card
Table of Contents
The Runespear is a Shaman-only weapon. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
With the introduction of Kobolds and Catacombs, each class was given a Legendary Weapon. The Runespear is the Shaman version. Although expensive to cast, The Runespear has the ability to influence games with its ability. There is a large amount of variance in the random spells, but in general this ability will be positive and the impact of three random spells over three turns should not be underestimated.
The Runespear is less powerful in Constructed play, as the variance from the random spells makes it difficult to get the required value on a consistent basis. It is still worthy of consideration in Control decks which rely on incremental advantage.
In Arena, The Runespear is a good card. The attack part of the weapon can be controlled and used to get an advantage on board, while the random spells will accumulate to give value over several turns. Whether drawing cards, producing minions, or casting AoE effects, the random spells will tend to help you significantly more than they hinder.
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Set to Receive $200 Million Bonus
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Book of Heroes Rehgar Earthfury
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Classic Tier List
- Deathrattle Demon Hunter Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Standard Tier List