The Runespear — Shaman Card
Table of Contents
The Runespear is a Shaman-only weapon. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
With the introduction of Kobolds and Catacombs, each class was given a Legendary Weapon. The Runespear is the Shaman version. Although expensive to cast, The Runespear has the ability to influence games with its ability. There is a large amount of variance in the random spells, but in general this ability will be positive and the impact of three random spells over three turns should not be underestimated.
2. Constructed Play
The Runespear is less powerful in Constructed play, as the variance from the random spells makes it difficult to get the required value on a consistent basis. It is still worthy of consideration in Control decks which rely on incremental advantage.
In Arena, The Runespear is a good card. The attack part of the weapon can be controlled and used to get an advantage on board, while the random spells will accumulate to give value over several turns. Whether drawing cards, producing minions, or casting AoE effects, the random spells will tend to help you significantly more than they hinder.
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Blizzard Survey Asks: "Would You Continue Playing Hearthstone if There Were No Tournaments"
- Bungie Regains Publishing Rights for Destiny
- Tavern Brawl: Old and New
- January Update: Arena and Rumble Run Changes
- New Wild Bundle Available With 40 Card Packs From Past Expansions
- Ben Brode's Second Dinner Working on a Marvel Game
- Meme worthy game. (Tess)
- Whizbang the Wonderful
- Thanks Icy Veins
- OTK Mage
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Is the game dying?
- Rumble Run
- Rumble Run Zul'jin