Arcane Artificer — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Arcane Artificer is a Mage-only minion. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Arcane Artificer gives Mage the ability to easily gain armor, which is traditionally not a Mage ability. As a cheap Elemental, it can be combined with other Elemental cards to activate their abilities.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed play, Arcane Artificer can be played in very slow Elemental decks alongside Frost Lich Jaina. The armor gain can help to stall until you stabilise using Jaina. The fact that it is a cheap Elemental means that it can often be slotted into a turn alongside another card, and be used to enable other Elementals to activate their abilities on the following turn.
Arcane Artificer is a poor Arena card. The 1/2 stats are not really good enough for a 1-drop without a great ability, and the ability to gain armor is not impactful enough in Arena. If you have a lot of Elementals already, you can raise the rating for this card a little.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: A Witchy Recipe
- Shudderwock Animation Speed & Battlecry Cap to Be Fixed Soon
- Ben Brode Leaves Blizzard
- Hearthside Chat: Monster Hunt
- Blizzard Balance Gifting Now Available
- Ben Brode Answers Unsolved Hearthstone Mysteries
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #14
- What's the Move #21 - Azari Incoming!
- Primalfin totem vs Baku Paladin
- Dungeon Runs
- Competitive Concedestone
- Mad Magician
- Hearthstone Shaman Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Basic Warrior Deck
- Spiteful Druid Archetype
- The art of free to play