FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Sound the Bells! Reveal: The Witchwood

aSLrlAp.jpg

Paladin gets a new spell with Echo. Will the Quest Paladin dream finally come true?!

This nicely named card was revealed by Spanish Blizzholics on YouTube. Blizzholics are originally Spanish, but they did try to make a video in English.

636579651362159717.png

Image by Hearthpwn

After the introduction of The Last Kaleidosaur in Journey to Un'goro, the archetype has received more support with each subsequent expansion featuring at least one or two spells for Paladin. The deck was never actually viable, but it has slowly filled up with various spells. The latest addition is "Sound the Bells!", which works well with Lynessa Sunsorrow and Primalfin Champion; in the latter case, you will probably get multiple copies of the spell if you cast it more than once on the Murloc.

However, Blessing of Kings is still a better play in turn 4 and Spikeridged Steed is a better turn 6 play. We've seen Lynessa surface in some versions of OTK Paladin, but still I don't see how Sound the Bells! can fit into it. This card would have been much better if it gave +2/+2.

Feel free to share your thoughts about this card in the comments below. Stay up-to-date with everything related to The Witchwood by checking out our expansion hub.

• Like 1

For the quest Paladin, I don't see this being a thing in standard. If you don't get certain buffs on Galvadon/Lynessa like stealth they are just an easy target and barely worth the effort. I saw streamers doing well and playing it in a great way but at the end of the day their win rate was not really great.

+2/+2 would be too good. It would be Blessing of Kings but with echo.

Idk if this card will see play, as Zadina already pointed out that there are other spells doing better already but one thing I like about is, sometimes a big buff on a minion does not help you much but spreading it out on multiple minions can be useful in some situations. I would say this cards trades power for flexibility.

Edited by Caldyrvan

10 hours ago, Zadina said:

However, Blessing of Kings is still a better play in turn 4 and Spikeridged Steed is a better turn 6 play. We've seen Lynessa surface in some versions of OTK Paladin, but still I don't see how Sound the Bells! can fit into it. This card would have been much better if it gave +2/+2.

Maybe, but don't forget, both cards you mentioned can target one minion. This card can target 2 different minions, or even three to play around some AoE or single-target removal. Quest paladin will not suddenly become tier 1, but that is a big difference.

But the main problem with Quest paladin aren't the buff cards, paladin have lots of good buffes to use... The problem is that Galvadon isn't that strong. Galvadon isn't enough to win a game. Some times Quest paladin will win because of sticky buffed minion, sometimes other Galvadon will be summoned with the best adaptation and will crush against a Voidlord wall.

For Quest paladin to shine, we need more bosses instead. Lynessa Sunsorrow is a very good card for this, because now you have both her and Galvadon. If we get some more card (for example, a Kingsbane-like minion) then quest paladin may become good.