FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Totem Cruncher Reveal: The Witchwood

36747-splintergraft-reveal-the-witchwood

I have a hard time imagining Totem Cruncher being anything more than 100 dust.

Japanese news site Watch has revealed a strange new card for Shaman:

513885fe1868f4b36605ffc871bcc2a1.png

Card image courtesy of Hearthpwn

This card is a strictly worse Chillwind Yeti if you only have one Totem in play, but if you have two or more it can actually get quite big. The question is, just how easy will it be to have two or more totems in play by turn 4? And are the upsides of this card worth the costs?

Destroying a Totem is obviously a downside, as I'd imagine that a Totem-focused deck with cards like Windshear Stormcaller and Primal Fusion wants to keep their Totems in play as much as possible. Totem Cruncher is at odds with that strategy, which leads me to believe that this card will be left without a home unless something like a Stand Against Darkness for Totems is printed. I think the safer bet is that Totem Cruncher will become 100 dust immediately after being opened up in a Witchwood pack.

Am I sleeping on Totem Cruncher? Let me know what you think about the card in the comments, and be sure to check out our Witchwood Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.

And we foolish folks were hoping for more synergy that justifies a new shaman type. How stupid.

If it would be at least a common card -.-

Anyway thanks for the news.

Edited by Caldyrvan

It has powerful synergy with Witch cauldron, you kill like 3 useless 0 atk totems and get instantly 3 spells, seems decent in Hagatha deck

This seems like a really odd card to me. Maybe, like with Hunter's last spell in K&C, we see the synergy they were aiming for when the whole set is released, but as of right now, I can't see the up side. You play it on curve and you get +4/+4 assuming you did nothing but pump out totems and your opponent just ignored them, maybe a +6/+6 if you for some reason decided to coin + hero power into hero power into hero power..Sure its a threat then and there but a lot of decks have ways to get ride of it. Especially with how many decks run anti-cubelock cards, this seems like a poor choice. I've said it about a few of the cards but it feels like this is more of a gimmick "let's do it for the lolz" card then anything else. 

Hmmm.  While it is probably 100 dust, I do think that this card may have a home in even shaman.  1 mana hero power is great, but the lack of blood lust makes it really hard to transform a board of cheap totems into a winning position.  This does that.

LOL!!!!WORST EPIC shaman had ever!while shaman is famous with spamming totems and other cheap minions to fill board(for evolve or bloodlust and many other group spells)..this guy just ruins your board and next turn enemy will kill/silence it somehow..