Stand Against Darkness — Paladin Card
Table of Contents
Stand Against Darkness is a Paladin-only spell. This card was introduced with Whispers of the Old Gods and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Stand Against Darkness is a card that represents 5/5 worth of stats for 5 Mana, which makes it seem underwhelming on first appraisal. However, power spread out across multiple targets is almost always better than an individual body, which gives it higher potential. Multiple minions on the board gives you more targets for potential buffs, as well as giving you much more flexibility as to how to allocate your damage.
2. Constructed Play
Stand Against Darkness may see play in Constructed due to its strong potential synergies. It can be used to set a base for buff effects such as Blessing of Kings, Seal of Champions, and Defender of Argus amongst others. It also has excellent synergy with Summon effects such as Steward of Darkshire, Sword of Justice, or Knife Juggler.
Stand Against Darkness is no longer available in Arena.
- Update 13.2: Card Nerfs, Lunar Festival, Season of Rastakhan
- Peter Whalen and Dean Ayala Show Early Versions of Rastakhan's Rumble Cards
- February 2019 Ranked Play Season: Pizza Stone Card Back
- Iksar on the February 5 Card Nerfs
- Five Cards to Be Nerfed on February 5
- Lunar New Year Begins on February 5 in Hearthstone
- February Ranked Play Update: Adjustments to Star Values Per Rank
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Tavern Brawl
- Cheap Mage Standard
- Arena Druid Tier Lists
- The Lich King
- unusual ?
- Deathbringer Saurfang
- Crafting Rules?
- Is the game dying?