FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Spirit of the Raptor & Griftah Reveals: Rastakhan's Rumble

40570-rhearthstone-blizzcon-2018-intervi

The latest card reveals from Rastakhan's Rumble include the Druid Spirit and Griftah, a neutral Legendary minion.

Spirit of the Raptor was revealed by Chinese site Taptap:

636785538446466768.png

Having only seen two other Druid cards from Rastakhan's Rumble and only one of them (Savage Striker) having the same Hero-attack synergy, Spirit of the Raptor looks like it needs a lot of support. There's also the issue that your Hero can only attack once per turn (twice if you have enough mana to Hero Power + Malfurion the Pestilent + Hero Power) and the possibility of actually killing an enemy minion requires some setting-up and probably the help of cards that buff your attack. Still, the Druid cards printed in Rastakhan's Rumble seem to be about this very Hero-attack synergy. Perhaps Spirit of the Raptor can fit into a Token or an Odd Druid deck, but that is probably going to happen after the yearly rotation.

Griftah was unveiled by SilverName on a YouTube video in Russian.

636785715740137615.png

The random effect really decreases this card's power, as well as the possibility of it actually seeing play. Sure, it's not as bad as it looks (premium stats, can break Mechathun combos, can mill, you have a 50% chance to give a weapon buff to your Priest opponent). However, these upsides are still quite weak and can be done with better cards. The Harbinger Celestia of Rastakhan's Rumble, I would be pretty mad if I opened a pack with it.

Images courtesy of Hearthpwn.

If Griftah wasn't random, it would be very good. 

For the spirit, it is not bad a turn 1 play for druid. On turn 2, you can find something to kill with hero power. The real question is, does druid need card draw right now? Think they have enough. I think it might be strong after rotation.

More than Harbinger Celestia that has no drawback in itself.... Griftah is the 4 mana version of Tanglefur Mystic a card that even at common rarity doesn't see any play.... give your opponent kind of cards are always bad this thing can potentially give your opponent a Voidlord Twisting Nether Lord Jaraxxus Bloodreaver Guldan if your discovery pool is just made of big stuff to choose from and even selecting 1 garbage 1 good you might end taking the garbage and give the good one to them.... and if you select 2 garbage you coulda have played King Mukla for 1 mana less...

typical card made to enrage whoever get this as the 'free' legendary of the expansion.

They coulda not make those cards at all since a basic Chillwind Yeti is much stronger than this 'legendary'... or at least have the decency to give those things common rarity.

32 minutes ago, Hanz39 said:

typical card made to enrage whoever get this as the 'free' legendary of the expansion.

Hey, at least I now know which is one of the first 2 legendaries I'll get. ;)