FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

So did some major changes to my deck thanks to the suggestions Chapron made and it's working great still waiting some dust to craft some more stuff though. I was if anyone thought that Floating Watcher would go good with it when i get my Flame Imps. Still waiting to Imp Gang Boss as well but it's on my list of things to get. As always thanks in advance.

2x Mortal Coil
2x Power Overwhelming
2x Abusive Seargant
2x Voidwalker 
1x Dire Wolf Alpha
2x Haunted Creeper
2x Ironbeak Owl
2x Knife Juggler
2x Lance Carrier
2x Nerubian Egg
1x Wrathguard
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
1x Void Terror
1x Chillwind Yeti
1x Dark Iron Dwarf
1x Defender of Argus
1x Doomguard
1x Loatheb
2X Sludge Belcher 

Hey,

glad my suggestions helped you out, that already makes a pretty solid deck. As for the floating watchers, the problem is that they're essentially 7-drops and even then they only are a 6/6 body at first. Flame Imps provide some synergy there, but you'll usually play them before turn 6-7 if you have them. It faces a similar problem as Frostwolf Warlord as it's pretty slow and you need to have board control for it to be good (if your opponent has a couple minions, he will be able to take it out very easily and it sets you further behind.

I saw you also added wrathguard, good idea! I didn't even think of that one. Nice aggressive minion with insane stats for its cost.

Ok, I built a budget mage deck which focuses around killing of enemy minions, it had some sucess a few months ago but now it is a little.... off. Any ideas on how to improve it?

Mana wyrm x1

frost bolt x2

Amani x1

annoy o tron x1

Haunted creeper x1

Snow chugger x1

Sorcerer's Apprentice x1

Arcane intellect x1

mirror image x1

vaporize x1

big game hunter x1

raging worgen x1

cone of cold x1

Fireball x1

Polymorph x1

Chillwind yeti x1

Senjin x1

Water elemental x2

Flame lance x1

Antique healbot x2

Sludge belcher x2

Blizzard x1

Boulderfist x2

Flamestrike x2

So, with about 2,5k dust, there can be some magic done. 

With 2x Ice Lance, 2x Ice Barrier, 2x Ice Block, 2x Blizzard, 2x Doomsayer, 2x Loot Hoarder, 2x Healbot, how much dust do you have left?

Also, do you have Malygos?

Err I don't have malygos, I crafted 2x Ice Barrier, 2X Doomsayer and 1x Loot holder

(I already have everything else) and that makes my dust to 860, so what should I replace?

Maybe a better way of doing this is taking another decklist and comparing it with yours.

The main problem imo is that this is a midrange/lategame deck but it lacks stuff like archmage/alextrasza to make a freeze or control mage.

Also, if you're planning on playing standard, you won't have healbot and sludge belcher...

Assuming you also own neither Alextrasza nor Archmage Antonidas, I'd suggest pushing the deck in the direction of:

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/aggro-mage-freeze-loe-deck

which looks pretty fun and good to me. just replace bloodmage with a blizzard or so and you should do fine

If you want to keep the deck's theme, just take out

-mana wyrm

-mirror image

-amani berserker

-haunted creeper

-sorcerers apprentice

-snow chugger

-annoy o tron

-vaporize

-raging worgen

-chillwind yeti

-flame lance

and add

-arcane intellect

-senjin

-fireball

-blizzard

-loot hoarder

-2x frost nova

-2x doomsayer

-2-3 big cards you own to win the lategame, maybe a legendary, something like sylvanas, boom, ragnaros, antonidas, toshley, alextrasza, ysera, rhonin etc, even a deathwing could do it if you hold on to it long enough (?), if you have enough cards like that, you can also take out a senjin again or something like that.

EDIT: Since you're probably on a rather tight budget, you could add 2 North Sea Krakens, they're imo the best lategame-minions in the common-slot

Edited by Chapron
  • Like 1

So did some major changes to my deck thanks to the suggestions Chapron made and it's working great still waiting some dust to craft some more stuff though. I was if anyone thought that Floating Watcher would go good with it when i get my Flame Imps. Still waiting to Imp Gang Boss as well but it's on my list of things to get. As always thanks in advance.

2x Mortal Coil

2x Power Overwhelming

2x Abusive Seargant

2x Voidwalker 

1x Dire Wolf Alpha

2x Haunted Creeper

2x Ironbeak Owl

2x Knife Juggler

2x Lance Carrier

2x Nerubian Egg

1x Wrathguard

2x Shattered Sun Cleric

1x Void Terror

1x Chillwind Yeti

1x Dark Iron Dwarf

1x Defender of Argus

1x Doomguard

1x Loatheb

2X Sludge Belcher

Hey,

glad my suggestions helped you out, that already makes a pretty solid deck. As for the floating watchers, the problem is that they're essentially 7-drops and even then they only are a 6/6 body at first. Flame Imps provide some synergy there, but you'll usually play them before turn 6-7 if you have them. It faces a similar problem as Frostwolf Warlord as it's pretty slow and you need to have board control for it to be good (if your opponent has a couple minions, he will be able to take it out very easily and it sets you further behind.

I saw you also added wrathguard, good idea! I didn't even think of that one. Nice aggressive minion with insane stats for its cost.

Yea I was thinking it would be to slow as well but thought I'd ask. Yea it's been doing great I'm ranked 18 currently but I'm wanting to finish it before I try pushing any higher. I love the wrath guard add and sometimes I'm able to combine it with my Void Terror so his effect doesn't hit me. Also as an update I took out my Yeti and one Mortal Coil and added 2x Imp Gang Boss. I believe Flame Imps are the next thing I'm going to craft but I'm not sure what to trade out for them what would you advise? Great advice Chapron keep it up.

P.S What would you think about Raging Worgen being added I've contemplated add them but not sure?

Yea I was thinking it would be to slow as well but thought I'd ask. Yea it's been doing great I'm ranked 18 currently but I'm wanting to finish it before I try pushing any higher. I love the wrath guard add and sometimes I'm able to combine it with my Void Terror so his effect doesn't hit me. Also as an update I took out my Yeti and one Mortal Coil and added 2x Imp Gang Boss. I believe Flame Imps are the next thing I'm going to craft but I'm not sure what to trade out for them what would you advise? Great advice Chapron keep it up.

P.S What would you think about Raging Worgen being added I've contemplated add them but not sure?

Good to hear, but you should be able to get a lot higher with this deck. As for the Flame Imps, I'd make the deck a little more aggressive by taking out one sludge belcher and maybe one lance carrier.

Raging Worgen is only used in some sort of one-turn-kill warrior, it's stats are pretty bad and it's effect is situational. The problem is, that you'd never want to play it on turn 3 unless you already own the board; sure, it comboes with power overwhelming etc, but then you still have to get it damaged, so you'd spend 2 cards to deal with something like a yeti if you're lucky and deal 8 to face... If you wanted more 3 drops, take another void terror or a harvest golem, worgen is too hard to make good use of/just unreliable.

Good to hear, but you should be able to get a lot higher with this deck. As for the Flame Imps, I'd make the deck a little more aggressive by taking out one sludge belcher and maybe one lance carrier.

Raging Worgen is only used in some sort of one-turn-kill warrior, it's stats are pretty bad and it's effect is situational. The problem is, that you'd never want to play it on turn 3 unless you already own the board; sure, it comboes with power overwhelming etc, but then you still have to get it damaged, so you'd spend 2 cards to deal with something like a yeti if you're lucky and deal 8 to face... If you wanted more 3 drops, take another void terror or a harvest golem, worgen is too hard to make good use of/just unreliable.

Here's an updated list i added a demon fire that i pulled yesterday to try it out but I've not got to use it yet so idk if it's a good add or not. I plan on doing another Void Terror but i think i need another Argus first so I can take out my other Sludge Belcher. But I understand what you're saying about Worgen. I might try to rank a little higher later and see what happens. Keep up the advice you really know your stuff.

2x Flame Imps
1x Mortal Coil
2x Power Overwhelming
2x Abusive Seargant
2x Voidwalker 
2x Haunted Creeper
1x Dire Wolf Alpha
1x Demon Fire
2x Ironbeak Owl
2x Knife Juggler
1x Lance Carrier
2x Nerubian Egg
1x Wrathguard
2x Imp Gang Boss
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
1x Void Terror
1x Dark Iron Dwarf
1x Defender of Argus
1x Doomguard
1X Sludge Belcher

Here's an updated list i added a demon fire that i pulled yesterday to try it out but I've not got to use it yet so idk if it's a good add or not. I plan on doing another Void Terror but i think i need another Argus first so I can take out my other Sludge Belcher. But I understand what you're saying about Worgen. I might try to rank a little higher later and see what happens. Keep up the advice you really know your stuff.

2x Flame Imps
1x Mortal Coil
2x Power Overwhelming
2x Abusive Seargant
2x Voidwalker 
2x Haunted Creeper
1x Dire Wolf Alpha
1x Demon Fire
2x Ironbeak Owl
2x Knife Juggler
1x Lance Carrier
2x Nerubian Egg
1x Wrathguard
2x Imp Gang Boss
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
1x Void Terror
1x Dark Iron Dwarf
1x Defender of Argus
1x Doomguard
1X Sludge Belcher

Demonfire is really good when comboed with Imp Gang Boss, especially in the early game. However, your deck doesn't contain enough demons that really benefit from it, so I'd cut it out. Keep trying out cards yourself though, that's the best way to learn what works and what doesn't. Going for a second Argus is also a good call, it's a really good card in zoo that sometimes just wins you the game (for example on turn 4 vs aggro when you buff an Imp Gang Boss and a Nerubian Egg with it)

If you want to play Elise, I would recommend Warrior or priest. Here is a deck I used, and its preeeeeety fun to play(yeah its a Kripp deck)

2 execute

2 shield slam

1 Fiery war axe

1 armorsmith

2 cruel taskmaster

1 doomsayer

1 explosive sheep

1 shield block

2 BGH

1 Brann Bronzbeard

2 coldlight oracle

1 deathlord

2 death's bite

1 Elise

2 Brawls

1 Antique Healbot

1 Beltcher

1 Justicar

1 Reno

2 Shield maiden

1Gorehowl

1 Baron Geddon

I went from 13-10 with winstreak playing with this deck, but it really just for fun. You can mill them, get 2 maps (Brann+Elise), draw more easily with coldlights, and if you in late game,you gonna run out of the duplicates, so you can use Reno. Worth to try imo. Btw i took out the second BGH i felt it too much.

I've been having pretty good luck lately with my Control Warrior, but was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on how I might be able to tune it to run even more tightly.

Current list

2x Execute

2x Shield Slam

2x Fiery War Axe

1x Revenge

2x Slam

2x Armorsmith

2x Bash

1x Shield Block

1x Acolyte of Pain

1x Big Game Hunter

2x Death's Bite

1x Brawl

2x Sludge Belcher

1x Justicar Trueheart

2x Shieldmaiden

1x Sylvanas Windrunner

1x Dr. Boom

1x Grommash Hellscream

1x Ragnaros the Firelord

1x Alexstrasza

1x Ysera

I'm sadly currently missing Harrison Jones and Baron Geddon.  Though beyond that I think I've got most things that would need to go in there. (Not super concerned about budget if a change would make the deck much stronger.)

I also am aware that when Whispers comes out, I'll be losing my Shieldmaidens, Dr. Boom, Death's Bites, and Sludge Belchers, and that finding replacements for those until we see what is in Whispers is rather pointless, but, I am trying to think ahead.

I've been having pretty good luck lately with my Control Warrior, but was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on how I might be able to tune it to run even more tightly.

Current list

2x Execute

2x Shield Slam

2x Fiery War Axe

1x Revenge

2x Slam

2x Armorsmith

2x Bash

1x Shield Block

1x Acolyte of Pain

1x Big Game Hunter

2x Death's Bite

1x Brawl

2x Sludge Belcher

1x Justicar Trueheart

2x Shieldmaiden

1x Sylvanas Windrunner

1x Dr. Boom

1x Grommash Hellscream

1x Ragnaros the Firelord

1x Alexstrasza

1x Ysera

I'm sadly currently missing Harrison Jones and Baron Geddon.  Though beyond that I think I've got most things that would need to go in there. (Not super concerned about budget if a change would make the deck much stronger.)

I also am aware that when Whispers comes out, I'll be losing my Shieldmaidens, Dr. Boom, Death's Bites, and Sludge Belchers, and that finding replacements for those until we see what is in Whispers is rather pointless, but, I am trying to think ahead.

I would drop Rag, Ysera and shield block for a second revenge, a second acolyte and a cruel task master.  If you are playing a lot of control match ups, I would keep Ysera over either the task master or the second revenge.

@VaraTreledees: Actually Ysera is one of the 3 win conditions of Control Warrior. Other being Alex into DB + Grommash and also winning by fatigue, but that is not really that common/important.

@Nonsenseking: The deck seems pretty solid. If you face way too many Paladins (or Rag often hits something you do not want), you can swap Ragnaros for second Revenge.

@positiv2: Is Geddon important enough to be worth crafting?  I'm just wondering how much of a difference he might be able to make.  I'm starting to consider working in a second revenge, been running into a lot of Zoo-lock and Pally lately.

Edited by NonsenseKing

@positive2: Is Geddon important enough to be worth crafting?  I'm just wondering how much of a difference he might be able to make.  I'm starting to consider working in a second revenge, been running into a lot of Zoo-lock and Pally lately.

It's positiv, not positive (ie. without the e) :P Geddon is only important against flood decks, such as Zoo or some builds of midrange and secret pally. You should craft him only if you face those decks rather often. The advantage and disadvantage of Geddon is that he can survive a turn and will prevent both sides from developing board. This is something that by turn 7 is not that great for you, because Zoo runs out of steam by turn 7, and you start developing your own board. On the other hand, he is better against slower decks because unlike Revenge, he creates board presence. 

What I'm trying to say is that Geddon is the middle ground between Revenge (tech card) and not having any tech card against flood decks.

I guess either way I'll hold off, and keep my dust until the new expansion launches, and we see how the meta shifts.  Who knows, there could be another legendary they haven't shown yet that is amazing in Control Warrior.  Thank for the input on Geddon, I think he'll be on my 'acquire eventually' list, but not made a huge priority, particularly since I don't think he's really used in any other decks aside from Control Warrior. smile.png

Edited by NonsenseKing
  • Like 1

@VaraTreledees: Actually Ysera is one of the 3 win conditions of Control Warrior. Other being Alex into DB + Grommash and also winning by fatigue, but that is not really that common/important.

@Nonsenseking: The deck seems pretty solid. If you face way too many Paladins (or Rag often hits something you do not want), you can swap Ragnaros for second Revenge.

Except Ysera is only really a win condition in control match ups.  Which are pretty far and few between, and even in those, it is a back up if you have to use Grom to clear the board.  Quite a few control warrior decks stopped running Ysera these last few months, I think even sottle cut it from his list on this site.  She is very easy to live without.  I would take a second revenge in this meta over Ysera easily.  

In that case my meta and your meta are quite different. I have a higher amount of control/slow midrange matchups than of aggro. If the meta is truly infested, then I suppose a second Revenge could be better, but Ysera has proven to be very helpful so many times that I feel like Sylvanas should be the one being removed from the deck.

Hi! I need help with my deck. I'm trying to run a ramp druid. I got a simple template of the deck from this site's deck list, and made a few changes here and there.

Below is my current deck. The cards marked with (*) are the cards that have been added recently and are under experimentation/trials.

About my available cards, I don't have much. The latest card that I crafted is Big Game Hunter and Emperor Thaurissan is the only legendary card that I have that is close to being included in a druid deck. Suggestions? 

Currently rank 16

2 Innvervate

2 Living Roots

1 Naturalize

1 Wild growth *

2 Wrath

1 Darnassus Aspirant *

1 Novice Engineer

1 Mark of Nature

1 Big Game Hunter

1 Gnomeregan Infantry *

2 Swipe

1 Chillwind Yeti

1 Keeper of the Grove

1 Mechanical Yeti *

2 Piloted Shredder

1 Sen'jin Shieldmasta

1 Stormwind Knight *

2 Azure Drake

2 Druid of the Claw

1 Starfire *

1 Emperor Thaurissan

1 Stormwind Champion

1 Ironbark Protector

1 North Sea Kraken

Edited by Hearthbuko

Hi! I need help with my deck. I'm trying to run a ramp druid. I got a simple template of the deck from this site's deck list, and made a few changes here and there.

Below is my current deck. The cards marked with (*) are the cards that have been added recently and are under experimentation/trials.

About my available cards, I don't have much. The latest card that I crafted is Big Game Hunter and Emperor Thaurissan is the only legendary card that I have that is close to being included in a druid deck. Suggestions? 

Currently rank 16

2 Innvervate

2 Living Roots

1 Naturalize

1 Wild growth *

2 Wrath

1 Darnassus Aspirant *

1 Novice Engineer

1 Mark of Nature

1 Big Game Hunter

1 Gnomeregan Infantry *

2 Swipe

1 Chillwind Yeti

1 Keeper of the Grove

1 Mechanical Yeti *

2 Piloted Shredder

1 Sen'jin Shieldmasta

1 Stormwind Knight *

2 Azure Drake

2 Druid of the Claw

1 Starfire *

1 Emperor Thaurissan

1 Stormwind Champion

1 Ironbark Protector

1 North Sea Kraken

Naturalize gives your opponent an advantage more often than giving the advantage to you. Add a second Darnassus Aspirant.

Novice Engineer is too small to make any difference. Second Wild Growth is a better card, which you can later cycle for a card anyway.

Mark of Nature has just too bad value to be included. A second Keeper of the Grove should be a good replacement.

Gnomeregan Infantry is just awful. Second Sen'jin would be a better card in that spot.

Mechanical Yeti gives a spare part to your opponent as well, which can hurt you if the opponent is Tempo Mage or Control Priest. I recommend using regular Yeti instead.

Stormwind Knight has too bad stats. A second Ironbark is better.

Starfire isn't really needed since you already run enough removals. An Ogre should be used instead.

• Like 1

Currently rank 16

2 Innvervate

2 Living Roots

1 Naturalize

1 Wild growth *

2 Wrath

1 Darnassus Aspirant *

1 Novice Engineer

1 Mark of Nature

1 Big Game Hunter

1 Gnomeregan Infantry *

2 Swipe

1 Chillwind Yeti

1 Keeper of the Grove

1 Mechanical Yeti *

2 Piloted Shredder

1 Sen'jin Shieldmasta

1 Stormwind Knight *

2 Azure Drake

2 Druid of the Claw

1 Starfire *

1 Emperor Thaurissan

1 Stormwind Champion

1 Ironbark Protector

1 North Sea Kraken

Naturalize gives your opponent an advantage more often than giving the advantage to you. Add a second Darnassus Aspirant.

Novice Engineer is too small to make any difference. Second Wild Growth is a better card, which you can later cycle for a card anyway.

Mark of Nature has just too bad value to be included. A second Keeper of the Grove should be a good replacement.

Gnomeregan Infantry is just awful. Second Sen'jin would be a better card in that spot.

Mechanical Yeti gives a spare part to your opponent as well, which can hurt you if the opponent is Tempo Mage or Control Priest. I recommend using regular Yeti instead.

Starfire isn't really needed since you already run enough removals. An Ogre should be used instead.

The 3 spot could be shored up a bit. Do you have Mind Control Tech? It could help you swing things back.

Droods don't really need that many three drops since your turn 2 play is often Wild Growth or Darnassus Aspirant (because you mulligan for them), which means your turn 3 play is a 4-drop. Also, this decks is meant to be really heavy and just keep playing taunts and big threats. 

Currently rank 16

2 Innvervate

2 Living Roots

1 Naturalize

1 Wild growth *

2 Wrath

1 Darnassus Aspirant *

1 Novice Engineer

1 Mark of Nature

1 Big Game Hunter

1 Gnomeregan Infantry *

2 Swipe

1 Chillwind Yeti

1 Keeper of the Grove

1 Mechanical Yeti *

2 Piloted Shredder

1 Sen'jin Shieldmasta

1 Stormwind Knight *

2 Azure Drake

2 Druid of the Claw

1 Starfire *

1 Emperor Thaurissan

1 Stormwind Champion

1 Ironbark Protector

1 North Sea Kraken

The 3 spot could be shored up a bit. Do you have Mind Control Tech? It could help you swing things back.

Thanks for the tips guys. As of now I just acquired one copy of FoN and Troggzor the Earthinator. Included 2 Savage Roars and for the rest I followed what positiv2 said. 

As for the Mind Control Tech, I do have one. And I have used it with the deck before but it only turned one or two games on my favor and for the rest of the games it just sat idle in my hand waiting for a right time to play it. 

Is it ideal to play MCT on turn 3, ignoring its ability? If I have no other choice that is

Depending on your opponent's deck. If your opponent is hunter and doesn't have 4 minions out yet, it is ok to wait. If the opponent is a warrior or priest, playing MCT is better than waiting. 

If MCT sits most of the time in your hand, using a different card seems like a better idea.

• Like 1

Depending on your opponent's deck. If your opponent is hunter and doesn't have 4 minions out yet, it is ok to wait. If the opponent is a warrior or priest, playing MCT is better than waiting. 

If MCT sits most of the time in your hand, using a different card seems like a better idea.

Alright. Thanks for the tip! 

Howdy! I'm a F2P noobie with about two months of play now. Got to rank 15 this month (yay!) but I'm looking for advice on possible ways of improving my deck.

1 Equality

2 Acidic Swamp Ooze

2 Argent Protector

2 Haunted Creeper

2 Razorfen Hunter

2 Shattered Sun Cleric

2 Truesilver Champion

1 Blessing of Kings

2 Consecration

1 Hammer of Wrath

1 Defender of Argus

2 Keeper of Uldaman

1 Frostwolf Warlord

1 Silver Hand Knight

2 Sludge Belcher

1 Avenging Wrath

1 Boulderfist Ogre

2 Guardian of Kings

2 Stormwind Champion

My collection:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/kupoattack/collection

I literally just unwrapped Ragnaros (first Legendary in a long --- time) so I'm eager to find some way of implementing it! Thanks guys.

Howdy! I'm a F2P noobie with about two months of play now. Got to rank 15 this month (yay!) but I'm looking for advice on possible ways of improving my deck.

1 Equality

2 Acidic Swamp Ooze

2 Argent Protector

2 Haunted Creeper

2 Razorfen Hunter

2 Shattered Sun Cleric

2 Truesilver Champion

1 Blessing of Kings

2 Consecration

1 Hammer of Wrath

1 Defender of Argus

2 Keeper of Uldaman

1 Frostwolf Warlord

1 Silver Hand Knight

2 Sludge Belcher

1 Avenging Wrath

1 Boulderfist Ogre

2 Guardian of Kings

2 Stormwind Champion

My collection:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/kupoattack/collection

I literally just unwrapped Ragnaros (first Legendary in a long --- time) so I'm eager to find some way of implementing it! Thanks guys.

What's your dust budget? You have a lot of room for improvement and spending dust on such a strong class is most definitely worth it.

Hello Casino214 here! New season rank 20, but highest I ever got with this is rank 12. I need some help to critic on my deck. I call it Stealing Preist because it just pretty much uses the enemy's deck to my advantage. Please give me some advice and switch out cards if need be. Here's the deck:

2x Circle Of Healing

2x Mind Vision

2x Power Word: Shield

2x Northshire Cleric

2x Resurrect

2x Shadow Word: Pain

2x Shrinkmeister

2x Shadow Word: Death

2x Thoughtsteal

2x Injured Blademaster

1x Mind Control Tech

1x Mindgames

2x Auchenai Soulpreist

2x Holy Nova

2x Cabal Shadow Preist

1x Emperor Thuarissan

1x Mind Control

Don't worry about cards I just want to take this deck into standard so I need replacements thank you.