FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

Hello !I have built this control warrior( a very budget version of it) any suggestions for improvement? I have around 600 dust collecting for alexstraza and then grommash or something.Also what rank is reachable with it(12 maybe?)

I think it can reach rank 10 easily and maybe stop at ranks 8-6. 

If you have second Shieldmaiden, Deathbites, second Brawl or Revenges, use them in place of Frothing, Owl and Whirlwinds. If you don't have any of those cards, don't craft them and just keep saving dust for Grommash.

The only other thing I would add is that spell breaker is a better choice for silence in control warrior over the owl.  The better body is more important then the two mana for a deck like control warrior most of the time, and I would replace the shredders with sludge belchers or shield mastas if you don't have naxx.  I would also craft the second shield maiden before you get gromm.  Like he is super important but so are the maidens and they cost very little dust and shouldn't really delay your gromm acquisition by much (plus you have the shield slams already which make the maidens very strong) and you really need to get rid of that frothing.  Also slams are worth considering if you have them, better choice then the whirlwinds (however they aren't really that important especially since you have the task masters in your deck so I wouldn't craft then until after gromm) . 

Edited by VaraTreledees

The only other thing I would add is that spell breaker is a better choice for silence in control warrior over the owl.  The better body is more important then the two mana for a deck like control warrior most of the time, and I would replace the shredders with sludge belchers or shield mastas if you don't have naxx.  I would also craft the second shield maiden before you get gromm.  Like he is super important but so are the maidens and they cost very little dust and shouldn't really delay your gromm acquisition by much (plus you have the shield slams already which make the maidens very strong) and you really need to get rid of that frothing.  Also slams are worth considering if you have them, better choice then the whirlwinds (however they aren't really that important especially since you have the task masters in your deck so I wouldn't craft then until after gromm) .

Owl vs Spellbreaker is just flexibility vs stats. I personally prefer Owl over Spellbreaker, especially in this meta, some players prefer Spellbreaker over Owl and a lot of players actually prefer not running silence at all. It is mainly up to personal preference and how each cards works out for you. 

Shredders are stickier, which is quite important against freeze mages and zoolocks. They are also better in control matchups.

Since Shieldmaiden is rotating out, Grommash in not, and is not getting a nerf either, which makes him a better investment. 

Totally forgot that Slams exist, thanks for reminder.

Hello !I have built this control warrior( a very budget version of it) any suggestions for improvement? I have around 600 dust collecting for alexstraza and then grommash or something.Also what rank is reachable with it(12 maybe?)

I think it can reach rank 10 easily and maybe stop at ranks 8-6. 

If you have second Shieldmaiden, Deathbites, second Brawl or Revenges, use them in place of Frothing, Owl and Whirlwinds. If you don't have any of those cards, don't craft them and just keep saving dust for Grommash.

Thanks guys I had a few duplicates and from the nerf so here is the deck I have right now: http://imgur.com/NMuVKJ1is that any better?*** in the place of 1 whirlwind I put in a spellbreaker

Edited by RadoslavTrump

Thanks guys I had a few duplicates and from the nerf so here is the deck I have right now: http://imgur.com/NMuVKJ1is that any better?*** in the place of 1 whirlwind I put in a spellbreaker

Deck looks much better, though I recommend you to try using 1 Sen'jin and 2 Shredders (one Shredder in place of Whirlwind). If it doesn't work out well for you, you can switch back at any time. You could also try to work towards this deck.

Deck looks much better, though I recommend you to try using 1 Sen'jin and 2 Shredders (one Shredder in place of Whirlwind). If it doesn't work out well for you, you can switch back at any time. You could also try to work towards this deck.

The only thing I miss from it is Baron Geddon, what can I temporarily replace it with? I don't have other legendaries to include and I miss a second brawl(I can craft it but I prefer to collect for baron geddon)

The only thing I miss from it is Baron Geddon, what can I temporarily replace it with? I don't have other legendaries to include and I miss a second brawl(I can craft it but I prefer to collect for baron geddon)

The best replacement would be Revenge. If you don't have Revenge, almost any other late-game card could do the work. I would personally prefer Foe Reaper 3000 as a "budget" replacement, though it's purely up to you. If you don't have a strong late-game power either, then Slam is a strong replacement as well.

Hi, I'm working on a renolock deck

Warlock:

1flame imp

1soulfire

1coil

1power overwhelming

1darkbomb

1peddler

1impmaster

1hellfire

1implosion

1shadowflame

1siphon soul

1twisting nether

Neutral

1 ooze

1 sunfury protector

1arcane golem

1harvest golem

1owl

1argus

1shredder

1senjin

1azure drake

1twilight drake

1healbot

1BGH

1faceless

1reno

1emperor

1molten

1mountain

1rag

Any advice is greatly appreciated.thanks!!

As I said multiple times in this thread, reno decks are usually about how the cards work for you.

Decks seems ok, though I wouldn't use Mountain as you will have a card to be played at all times and you won't do much tapping. Dr. 7 is a better choice here in my opinion.Thanks for the advice!i dont hv boom tho,so shld i replace it w geddon(just packed it) or dread infernal?

Edit:should i put in midnight drake when it cones out?replace it with senjin maybe?

Edited by TheEviscerator

Hi, I'm working on a renolock deck

Warlock:

1flame imp

1soulfire

1coil

1power overwhelming

1darkbomb

1peddler

1impmaster

1hellfire

1implosion

1shadowflame

1siphon soul

1twisting nether

Neutral

1 ooze

1 sunfury protector

1arcane golem

1harvest golem

1owl

1argus

1shredder

1senjin

1azure drake

1twilight drake

1healbot

1BGH

1faceless

1reno

1emperor

1molten

1mountain

1rag

Any advice is greatly appreciated.thanks!!

As I said multiple times in this thread, reno decks are usually about how the cards work for you.

Decks seems ok, though I wouldn't use Mountain as you will have a card to be played at all times and you won't do much tapping. Dr. 7 is a better choice here in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice!i dont hv boom tho,so shld i replace it w geddon(just packed it) or dread infernal?

Edit:should i put in midnight drake when it cones out?replace it with senjin maybe?

Midnight Drake sounds fine. If you play wild as your main, consider crafting/unlocking Sludge Belcher.

Hi, Guy-who-doesn't-like-to-craft-but-now-will-since-GvG-is-not-in-store-anymore again.

I got a pretty good SMOrc from this topic some time ago, and I used it up until now, but now that cards have been nerfed and Standard mode is here, I'd like to make some changes to make it adapt to Standard.

Hi, I've been playing HS for a while, and usually when I find flaws in my decks I come here to look at decklists and get some ideas, but being a Collector in basically every game I play, I've got to deal with the cards I get from packs and adventures since I can't craft much with the dust I get from disenchanting 3x's (and I'd like to keep that to craft otherwise unobtainable ones, like golden versions of adventure cards). As a result, I never got past rank 16 (Even though I get there pretty easily), and I'd like some advice on which deck to build, not having access to many key cards (Juggler, Sergeant, Ironbeak, Shredder ecc...)

This is my collection:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Cysr/collection

Could you suggest some decklists that would work well with those cards only? I know it's pretty limited but I like to give priority to the collection rather than the ranking, so even reaching rank 15 would be a big improvement. (If Naxx 5 cards are necessary no problem, I'm getting those soon)

No preferred class in particular, a decklist for each class would be perfect, but that may be asking too much.

I've been playing pretty much every class equally, my best results are with Rogue, Paladin and Mage.

If needed I can post my actual decklists. Thanks in advance!

Dust is a very serious limitation and therefore a working deck for each class is impossible. Also, playing one class on ladder to rank up and the other classes on causal to finish your quests.

1x Brave Archer

2x Webspinner

1x Bear Trap

2x Explosive Trap

1x Eaglehorn

2x Animal Companion

2x Skill Command

2x Unleash

1x Highmane

1x Argent Squire

1x Leper Gnome 

1x Lowly Squire

2x Worgen Infiltrator

2x Flame Juggler

2x Haunted Creeper

2x Mad Scientist

1x Harvest Golem

2x Wolfrider

1x Loatheb

1x Sea Giant

Face Hunter is one of the cheapest competitive decks out there (if not the cheapest), but even in SMOrc, you miss cards. 

This was the old list, and link to the collection is in the post as well. How can this deck be fixed to work nicely in Standard?

And, since now I'm willing to craft GvG cards (Only GvG though), which would be, in your opinion, the best wild deck I can do with that collection + 630 Dust? Can be any class. Also, If some card from adventures is needed, I can farm a bit and get it (Currently at Naxx 4/5). Thanks in advance!

Edited by Syrc

Hi, Guy-who-doesn't-like-to-craft-but-now-will-since-GvG-is-not-in-store-anymore again.

I got a pretty good SMOrc from this topic some time ago, and I used it up until now, but now that cards have been nerfed and Standard mode is here, I'd like to make some changes to make it adapt to Standard.

This was the old list, and link to the collection is in the post as well. How can this deck be fixed to work nicely in Standard?

And, since now I'm willing to craft GvG cards (Only GvG though), which would be, in your opinion, the best wild deck I can do with that collection + 630 Dust? Can be any class. Also, If some card from adventures is needed, I can farm a bit and get it (Currently at Naxx 4/5). Thanks in advance!

Hey, glad to see you again! Before I begin, I have three questions:

Have you opened all the free WotOG packs?

Have you gotten the brawl pack?

And last question: do you want a specific class, or just the best possible option?

Hey, glad to see you again! Before I begin, I have three questions:

Have you opened all the free WotOG packs?

Have you gotten the brawl pack?

And last question: do you want a specific class, or just the best possible option?

Opened the first three plus the 5 from the first quest, but since I struggled quite a lot to win those (well, mostly because of people who preordered/saved coins and already had a full C'thun deck), I thought I'd ask here for a better standard deck, in order to get the 7 wins with it.

Got the brawl pack right now, nothing exceptional though. 2 commons, 1 rare and +10 dust.

Well, I asked for a hunter since I suppose that's still the deck I can do better with the cards I have, but if you think I can build a better one for another class, you're more than welcome.

This is my Standard Mill Rogue deck, an updated twist on the original Mill Rogue.

YTmIxf1.png

Unlike mill decks of yesteryear, the Standard version is entirely versatile depending on your opponent and the speed of the game.  Typical cards from the original are still here, like Coldlight Oracle, Gang Up, Vanish and Preparation.  However, due to the recent expansion we can now combo cards effectively to produce some pretty gnarly and annoying plays.

Xaril, Poisoned Mind allows for quick (1) cost cards, those of which can be used in combination with Eviscerate.  The addition of Thistle Tea, when used by itself or in combination with Preparation, you can draw some pretty epic cards, all at once, like Coldlight Oracle, Earthen Ring Farseer, Brann, etc.  All these bonuses exist while still bringing about C'Thun later in the game.

Here's a quick explanation of the deck:

Due to the switch to standard, cards like Antique Healbot no longer exist, however Earthen Ring Farseer (ERF) provides just the right boost to your hand/deck and being only a (3) mana cost for a 3/3 is a pretty nice takeaway.  Combo ERF with Brann or Gang Up and you'll see a regular flow of health allotted to your hero.  Coldlight Oracle can also be run through the same combos to allow you to draw C'Thun and maybe have a few other copies for later, since the ideology behind this deck is for a long game.

Since this isn't a specific deck forum, I won't bother going into the details of turn-by-turn play, but I am open to suggestions and/or questions.  This deck has been pretty heavily tested thus far, and has logged some really nice results against nearly every deck/hero.  While Face Hunter will really test your ability to adjust quickly and has been the only style that has a nearly even win/lose ratio, really any Face Hunter will give you that sort of trouble.

Therefore, I think this type of Mill style Rogue will be up and coming, especially against the pesky Priest and overpowered Shaman meta we are seeing as of now.

Hello guys, I'm a n00b and a player of hearthstone from about 3 weeks...
I've read several discussions and watched several videos before playing and I like to play with "Warrior" deck. I've seen the basic deck list in this forum and I've found it really good to start playing but now I've got more cards and I'd like to improve the deck. I'll show you warrior cards I have (I'll thank anyone that will help me to put cards in spoiler), hoping you can help me to fix a good deck. I'll not show neutral cards because the post would be endless but, please, suggest me a great deck with warrior cards I have + best neutral cards, I'll try to find them

PS: sorry for my English, it's really bad!

--------------------------
WARRIOR CARDS

CLRJh6.png

CE3k8s.png

GjaOIy.png

Opened the first three plus the 5 from the first quest, but since I struggled quite a lot to win those (well, mostly because of people who preordered/saved coins and already had a full C'thun deck), I thought I'd ask here for a better standard deck, in order to get the 7 wins with it.

Got the brawl pack right now, nothing exceptional though. 2 commons, 1 rare and +10 dust.

Well, I asked for a hunter since I suppose that's still the deck I can do better with the cards I have, but if you think I can build a better one for another class, you're more than welcome.

First off, to make strong decks for the other classes you should buy (for strong decks pre-WOG) if you plan to play wild:

Classic packs for Druid, Warlock

WOG packs for Hunter

BrM for Mage (4 wings), Priest (all 5), Warrior (1st wing)

Last Naxx for Pally

LoE for Rogue (all 4), Shaman (3 wings)

Actually, your Shaman collection looks quite strong and with some love it can become stronger than hunter

So, now the wild deck:

1 Fiery Bat

1 Hunter's Mark

1 Webspinner

1 Bear Trap

2 Explosive Traps

2 Glaivezookas

2 King's Elekks

2 Animal Companions

1 Eaglehorn Bow

2 Kill Commands

2 Unleashes

1 Houndmaster

2 Savannah Highmanes

1 Argent Squire

2 Worgen Infiltrators

2 Haunted Creepers

2 Mad Scientists

2 Wolfriders

2 Shredders

Loatheb

1 Stranglethorn Tiger

Now for the standard deck

1 Fiery Bat

1 Hunter's Mark

2 Tracking

1 Bear Trap

1 Explosive Trap

2 King's Elekks

2 Animal Companions

2 Eaglehorn Bows

2 Kill Commands 

2 Unleashes

1 Houndmaster

2 Savannah Highmanes

2 Argent Squires

2 Leper Gnomes

2 Worgen Infiltrators

2 Flame Jugglers

2 Wolfriders

1 Azure Drake

This is my Standard Mill Rogue deck, an updated twist on the original Mill Rogue.

YTmIxf1.png

Unlike mill decks of yesteryear, the Standard version is entirely versatile depending on your opponent and the speed of the game.  Typical cards from the original are still here, like Coldlight Oracle, Gang Up, Vanish and Preparation.  However, due to the recent expansion we can now combo cards effectively to produce some pretty gnarly and annoying plays.

Xaril, Poisoned Mind allows for quick (1) cost cards, those of which can be used in combination with Eviscerate.  The addition of Thistle Tea, when used by itself or in combination with Preparation, you can draw some pretty epic cards, all at once, like Coldlight Oracle, Earthen Ring Farseer, Brann, etc.  All these bonuses exist while still bringing about C'Thun later in the game.

Here's a quick explanation of the deck:

Due to the switch to standard, cards like Antique Healbot no longer exist, however Earthen Ring Farseer (ERF) provides just the right boost to your hand/deck and being only a (3) mana cost for a 3/3 is a pretty nice takeaway.  Combo ERF with Brann or Gang Up and you'll see a regular flow of health allotted to your hero.  Coldlight Oracle can also be run through the same combos to allow you to draw C'Thun and maybe have a few other copies for later, since the ideology behind this deck is for a long game.

Since this isn't a specific deck forum, I won't bother going into the details of turn-by-turn play, but I am open to suggestions and/or questions.  This deck has been pretty heavily tested thus far, and has logged some really nice results against nearly every deck/hero.  While Face Hunter will really test your ability to adjust quickly and has been the only style that has a nearly even win/lose ratio, really any Face Hunter will give you that sort of trouble.

Therefore, I think this type of Mill style Rogue will be up and coming, especially against the pesky Priest and overpowered Shaman meta we are seeing as of now.

Tuning decks at this point is almost theorycraft. Though there are a few things I can say - adding big minion to Mill Rogue might not be the best idea. They stay in your hand for too long, meaning that they create the danger of over-drawing after playing the mill combo. SI:7 might be good as a removal since Flurry is nerfed. You also have a few cards that don't really matter or can't be played at will. This makes Thistle Tea a risky inclusion.

By the way, how many games do you mean by "heavily tested"?

Hello guys, I'm a n00b and a player of hearthstone from about 3 weeks...

I've read several discussions and watched several videos before playing and I like to play with "Warrior" deck. I've seen the basic deck list in this forum and I've found it really good to start playing but now I've got more cards and I'd like to improve the deck. I'll show you warrior cards I have (I'll thank anyone that will help me to put cards in spoiler), hoping you can help me to fix a good deck. I'll not show neutral cards because the post would be endless but, please, suggest me a great deck with warrior cards I have + best neutral cards, I'll try to find them

PS: sorry for my English, it's really bad!

--------------------------

WARRIOR CARDS

CLRJh6.png

CE3k8s.png

GjaOIy.png

Basic decks are improved mainly by neutral cards because you will simply have more of them than cards from specific class. I recommend you to sync your collection through Innkeeper and post your collection here, just like Syrc did. It makes my work easier and your deck better.

Now for the swaps: include Varian, Bloodsail Cultist and 2 Cruel Taskmasters in place of Stormpike Commando, Shattered Sun Clerics and Elven Archers.

You also try using Arathis in place of Razorfen Hunters, but that depends on meta, so, try it and if it doesn't work for you, revert the change.

First off, to make strong decks for the other classes you should buy (for strong decks pre-WOG) if you plan to play wild:

Classic packs for Druid, Warlock

WOG packs for Hunter

BrM for Mage (4 wings), Priest (all 5), Warrior (1st wing)

Last Naxx for Pally

LoE for Rogue (all 4), Shaman (3 wings)

Actually, your Shaman collection looks quite strong and with some love it can become stronger than hunter

So, now the wild deck:

1 Fiery Bat

1 Hunter's Mark

1 Webspinner

1 Bear Trap

2 Explosive Traps

2 Glaivezookas

2 King's Elekks

2 Animal Companions

1 Eaglehorn Bow

2 Kill Commands

2 Unleashes

1 Houndmaster

2 Savannah Highmanes

1 Argent Squire

2 Worgen Infiltrators

2 Haunted Creepers

2 Mad Scientists

2 Wolfriders

2 Shredders

Loatheb

1 Stranglethorn Tiger

Now for the standard deck

1 Fiery Bat

1 Hunter's Mark

2 Tracking

1 Bear Trap

1 Explosive Trap

2 King's Elekks

2 Animal Companions

2 Eaglehorn Bows

2 Kill Commands 

2 Unleashes

1 Houndmaster

2 Savannah Highmanes

2 Argent Squires

2 Leper Gnomes

2 Worgen Infiltrators

2 Flame Jugglers

2 Wolfriders

1 Azure Drake

Thanks for the lists, I'll try them out (I only have 1 Leper though)

So is there nothing really useful I can do with 640 dust of GvG? And you think that after LoE, a nice Shaman would be possible?

My deck is face smash shaman but I want something different to the current meta does anyone have any ideas for me. I Use to play Aggro Paladin but half the cards were either changed or not standed. I have all but the last adventure in League of the Explorers.

Thanks for the lists, I'll try them out (I only have 1 Leper though)

So is there nothing really useful I can do with 640 dust of GvG? And you think that after LoE, a nice Shaman would be possible?

Oh, sorry. In that case include a second Houndmaster or that 2/5 beast (forgot the name).

Saving the dust might be the best idea now. Hunters don't really need GvG cards, except for Boom, but he costs 1600 dust.

Yes, you will get Troggs, which will allow us to make a stronger midrange shaman. Also, you will have Sir Finley, and if you open more burn cards, you could build an aggro shaman.

My deck is face smash shaman but I want something different to the current meta does anyone have any ideas for me. I Use to play Aggro Paladin but half the cards were either changed or not standard. I have all but the last adventure in League of the Explorers.

C'thun decks seem to be powerful. Usual control warrior is strong as well. I also met a few Yogg-saron mages, though I do not think the deck is that powerful. Then there is control hunter and miracle rogue. Also, there are plenty of decks on this site.

Hi,im working on a new zoo deck,how is it?

2xforbidden ritual

2xpower overwhelm

2xabusive

2xflame imp

2xvoidwalker

2xknife juggler

2xpeddler

2xnerubian

2xcreeper

2xdire wolf alpha

2xdarkshire councilman

2xdefender

2ximplosion

2xshredder

2xdoomguard

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my mistake!

Is it possible to include c'thun cards to my deck to make it stronger?

Definitely. How many cards that synergize with C'thun do you have?

Hi,im working on a new zoo deck,how is it?

2xforbidden ritual

2xpower overwhelm

2xabusive

2xflame imp

2xvoidwalker

2xknife juggler

2xpeddler

2xnerubian

2xcreeper

2xdire wolf alpha

2xdarkshire councilman

2xdefender

2ximplosion

2xshredder

2xdoomguard

I would use Gormok and one Sea Giant in place of Shredders.

Forbidden Ritual is simply MVP and it synergises with great amount of card in the deck. That's why it might be worth to save it for a combo. Darkshire, Juggler, Sea Giant or Gormok are the best combos I can think of.