Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Guide for Lost Ark
Shadowhunter is a DPS class that utilizes the power of a demon to decimate foes and deal tons of damage.
Introduction to Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter
The Shadowhunter is a hybrid melee and ranged DPS class with the ability to transform into a demon to deal loads of damage consistently. This class uses human skills that focus on filling up the Shadowburst meter to transform as fast as possible with high uptime to deal damage. This build usesto increase the power and performance of the demonic form and utilizes the Specialization and Crit stats.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Strengths and Weaknesses
- Fast paced & simple
- Very consistent DPS
- Good survivability
- Very reliant on transform
- High cooldowns while human
- Not many push immunity super armors
Shadowhunter Skill Build
Here are four builds, depending on your available skill points.
is your highest meter gain skill. When taking and , you will generate the most meter from hitting the full duration of the laser. Be sure to take so that the move comes out faster. You should slot your highest into this skill.
is a skill that generates lots of meter. Taking the last Tripod, , will generate you more meter. This skill should also have an Epic slotted in.
is an excellent skill that comes out really quick and is a ranged attack that generates a good amount of meter. Again be sure to take the Tripod to get more meter from this skill. Normally this skill does two hits which shoots out a hand and pulls mobs towards you, however, taking the Tripod will only shoot out a hand but will generate the same amount of meter. Be mindful as this skill does not have any sort of super armor, so it is easy to get hit out of it. This skill should slot an Epic .
is a skill that fears mobs in a radius around you and applies a debuff on them. You should aim to max this skill and take as it makes this skill a 12% damage increase synergy for you and your party for 6 seconds. Howl also generates a fair amount of gauge and you can slot a Rare if you need the extra meter gain.
is a powerful claw swipe and while it does not generate as much meter as your other skills, it still generates a decent amount of meter to help you transform.
is a quick skill that deals an attack with your blades followed by an explosion pushing you backwards. Like , this skill also generates a fair amount of gauge. This skill does not have any super armor so be mindful when using it.
is your movement skill while in human form. You should take for the damage up raid buff it provides your group. If you have extra skill points left over you can take more Tripods like and to further increase mobility.
is your counterattack skill. You do not really use it for much else. should be taken for an easier time.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Skill Rotation
Outside of demon form, feel free to use skills in any order as we are primarily focused on generating the Shadowburst Meter. Uselast as it is your damage synergy, this way you can transform and get a few demon skills off while the synergy buff is up. In Demon form, use and first as they are your most hard hitting moves and also the longest cooldowns.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Stat Priority
Focus on all Specialization on your accessories. Your necklace should be Specialization and Crit. Set your pet buff to Specialization and Max HP.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Gear Sets
You should aim towards the Preordained set from Argos. The two piece set effect provides 15% Crit rate and the five piece set effect provides 25% Crit rate. Additionally, if you are playing with a party member that has a five piece set effect of the opposite set, then you gain 50% Crit damage.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Gear Tripod
Other Useful Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Tripods
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Engravings
- A must have for the build to maintain uptime on Demon Form. Level 3 provides a 30% Crit rate. This should always be the first Engraving you should max.
- Great DPS Engraving as it provides a significant damage boost. This also increases the damage you take by 20% so be sure to only use this at level 3.
- Very good for this build as it is very easy to maintain stacks while transformed due to low cooldowns. This also increases your Crit rate and damage as well as long as you keep up the stacks. Very good value whether at level 1 or level 3.
- This Engraving increases the amount of Crit damage you do. You should take this if you have at least a 60% Crit rate which should be easily achievable with the help of set effects, stats, and Engravings.
Alternative Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Engravings
- This Engraving is a good alternative as DPS Engraving. Much like Grudge, take this at level 3 only as it lowers the amount of healing you receive.
- This Engraving is an excellent budget option to take and it is also relatively safe. In our Demonic form, every skill except benefits from this. This Engraving does not affect Awakening skills.
- An excellent choice as this Engraving increases our damage the faster we move. This Engraving is really only worth it if you can max out your movement speed at 140%. You gain 20% movement speed while transformed. You would need to find a way to increase your move speed even more to get the full benefits of this Engraving. An example would be using to increase your move speed even more when triggering it.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Runes
- Use the Legendary on as it is the skill that generates the most meter for you.
- Place an Epic on and as these also generate a fair bit of meter.
- Slot a Rare on as it is also a decent source of meter. This is not needed if you can transform reliably already.
- Use a on as it has a fairly low cooldown and you will use it to close the gap on an enemy and potentially receive a move speed and attack speed buff from it.
- Place a on as it is your lowest cooldown skill and slotting it in this skill means the bleed is up for 100% of the time while transformed.
- Use a on to reduce the time it takes to cast as this is your biggest damage skill in demon form.
- Use a on to reduce the time locked in animation.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Gems
- Damage on Demon Skill.
- Cooldown on Demon Skill.
Any Gem attached to Demon Skill itself will affect all Skills used under Demon Form.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Card Set
You will want to aim forhowever that will take a while to complete. So is the way to go.
Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Tips
Be sure to use and aim skills carefully as many of your skills do not have paralysis immunity. Missing one or two skills can result in not transforming and therefore a loss in DPS.
If you are having trouble transforming, you can swap the Tripods onand to Quick Prep instead of Swift Fingers so you can use them more often.
While usingyour cooldowns are reset upon transform. This includes your spacebar dash and recover ability.
While transformed into demon form, you have paralysis super armor for the duration of demon form.
- 29 Apr. 2022: Guide added.
- 10 May 2022: Added Gem section.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Icy Veins Podcast About Path of Exile
- ARPG Vault Discord Giveaway
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Lost Ark Spring Update Release Date Announced
- Lost Ark March Update Massive Release Notes
- Lost Ark Artist Subclass and 3 Special Events Preview - Coming March 15th
- Lost Ark Bot Banwave and Witcher Crossover Event