Armoring Trade Skill Guide for New World
On this page, you will find our in-depth guide for the Armoring Trade Skill in New World, where we cover everything, including the best ways to level and how to craft 600 gear score items.
Overview of Armoring in New World
Armoring is one of the seven Crafting Trade Skills in New World. Armoring is primarily focused on creating armor for your head, chest, gloves, legs, and boots slots.
Armoring can also craft other extremely useful items, such as bags. Armoring is performed at a Forge or Outfitting Station in any settlement. Forges and Outfitting Stations have a tier level that varies from town to town, and a higher tier level Forge/Outfitting Station will enable you to craft higher tier items such as, , , , and .
Leveling Armoring in New World
Armoring is a fairly flexible crafting skill to level, depending on what materials you prefer farming or what is cheap on your server. There are several ways to progress through Armoring with ease, and maybe even make some gold in the process. The "best" choice will differ from server to server and person to person, so instead here are several fantastic methods that will level your Armoring to max quickly and easily.
Generally, a variation of these methods keeps it feeling fresh and different without becoming too much of a grind. As a note for armor crafting, Gloves, Boots, or Chest pieces are usually the best experience per material for all methods.
- Leather — the advantage of leather is that it is quite easy to farm yourself; leather is plentiful and relaxing to gather without the contest or waiting for mining nodes to respawn.
- Cloth — these can often be quite cheap to buy or gather yourself, similarly to leather.
- Heavy/Plate — if you are an avid miner or are trying to sell a lot more of the items you are making, heavy gear can be excellent way to level armoring.
- Town Board Missions — while not necessarily a method you can use solely to level quickly, these get an honorable mention as they give much more experience per materials spent, so pick these up and complete them as often as possible.
- Bags — similarly to heavy armor, making bags is a bit more expensive but can be extremely profitable and fun to roll the dice for those perfect bags.
Increasing the Gear Score of your Crafts
There are 6 ways to boost the gear score of your crafts. These bonuses can either increase the minimum and/or maximum gear score of your crafts. Below is a list of what you can do to improve the gear score of your crafts.
|Crafting Bonuses||Minimum Gear Score Increase||Maximum Gear Score Increase|
|Town Project Board||+5||0|
Gear Perks for Armoring
Armoring has a unique set of gear that can be equipped to increase the gear score of your crafts by +2 per item; these are the Armorer Gloves, Hat, Pants, Shirt, and Shoes. You can also acquire an earring with a crafting-related perk that grants +5 gear score increase while crafting. These are not specific and can come on any earring. You can generally find these as drops or on the Trading Post, however some pieces can be much rarer than others and therefore more costly.
Trophies for Armoring
Trophies can be placed in each of your 3 houses that grant a +3/4/5 (Minor/Basic/Major) minimum gear score increase for all of your crafts related to that trade skill.
Crafting Food for Armoring
will increase the minimum and maximum gear score of your Armoring crafts by +15. It lasts 40 minutes, so try to have all of your materials prepared beforehand.
Town Project Bonuses
Each settlement will have different town projects working at any given time, you can check what bonus perks are active by going to the to territory planning board in any settlement. As a note, you must own a house in the settlement to receive the town project bonus.
High Quality Materials and Crafting Skill
Most crafts will enable you to use materials that are higher than what is necessary to craft them, to increase their gear score. When you are fishing for those amazing 600 gear score items to either use or sell, you will always want to use the highest materials possible. Your crafting skill also increases the gear score of items you can craft by up to +25 at maximum crafting level.
- 27 Nov. 2021: Guide added.
- New World Steam Free Weekend (April 7-11)
- Big New World Update: Heart of Madness Reveal and PTR Notes
- New World January Update: Mutators and a Lot More
- New World Patch 1.2.2 Notes
- New World January PTR Brings Mythic+ Expedition Feature and More
- New World December Team Update
- New World Patch 1.1.1 Notes
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!