Lord Kazzak Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Lord Kazzak is a large Doomguard Demon who can be found in the Tainted Scar area of the Blasted Lands zone. Because this is an open area, his relatively short enrage and high self-healing whenever a player dies in its vicinity, watch out for enemy players or other raid groups who might try to wipe your attempt by suiciding to the boss, causing him to heal and enrage, thus wiping your group.
Lord Kazzak Summary by Role
- You only need one tank to hold Lord Kazzak.
- Turn the boss away from your raid group to avoid random deaths to his frontal cleave, which will in turn heal him due to his capture soul ability.
- Priests and Paladins should dispel Twisted Reflection as soon as it is cast, as it will cause the boss to heal whenever the player is hit with an attack.
- Druid healers should decurse Mark of Kazzak as soon as it is cast, as it will cause the target to lose Mana and blow up for lethal damage around him, possibly causing a Living Bomb-like wipe. If removing it is not an option, the target should run away from the group before running out of Mana.
- Mages and DPS Druids should remove Mark of Kazzak as soon as it is cast, as it will cause the target to lose Mana and blow up for lethal damage around him, possibly causing a Living Bomb-like wipe. If removing it is not an option, the target should run away from the group before running out of Mana.
- Watch your threat closely, as pulling aggro and dying in this encounter has a larger than usual impact, due to the self-healing of the boss through Capture Soul.
Lord Kazzak Important Abilities
- Twisted Reflection heals the boss for a very large amount for each attack landed on the affected player. If not dispelled quickly, this can lead to having a prolonged fight, risking hitting the enrage.
- Mark of Kazzak causes its target to lose Mana over time, and blow up for lethal damage around him once there is no more Mana to burn. This should also be dispelled quickly, as it will likely cause deaths that heal the boss.
- Capture Soul is the mechanic most likely to cause you to hit the 3 minute enrage. Each time a player dies, the boss heals for a huge amount, and this can be repeated multiple times as players run back to their corpse and respawn.
Strategy for Lord Kazzak
Lord Kazzak is the only World Boss with an enrage timer, and a relatively short one at a 3 minutes. Due to his array of self-healing abilities, this enrage timer poses a major threat to your group, especially if mistakes or outside interference happens.
You might want to bring extra players and have them guard the main group by killing any opposite faction players who try to approach the area where the boss is being fought, in order to prevent him from healing.
In general, due to his relatively low health pool, as long as a lot of DPS are brought and no major mistakes are made relative to positioning and debuff removal, he will fall shortly after being engaged. You can make the fight even easier by using Major Healing Potions, Heavy Runecloth Bandages and Greater Shadow Protection Potions, healing or mitigating much of the damage present in the fight.
Lord Kazzak Loot
|The Eye of Shadow||Trinket|
|Fel Infused Leggings||Legs|
|Flayed Doomguard Belt||Belt|
|Ring of Entropy||Ring|
- 16 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Scourge Invasion Enabled on Phase 6 PTR
- Naxxramas Raid Testing Starts Thursday
- PvP Pools Hotfix Delayed Indefinitely
- The Insanity Continues: Imp Name Speedruns
- Fastest Solo Dire Maul Tribute Run: 5 Minutes 13 Seconds
- Sub-30 Minute Ahn'Qiraj Record Speed Clear