Battleguard Sartura Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Battleguard Sartura is the second mandatory boss in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, and can be fought once The Prophet Skeram is killed.
She will automatically engage the group if they try to enter the bug tunnel behind her and her guards. Because of their unique threat reset mechanics and whirlwind attacks, she and her guards will provide a movement and awareness challenge to your group.
Notable loot includes Sartura's Might and Badge of the Swarmguard.
Season of Mastery changes to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
In the Season of Mastery, the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj has gained a new affix system that allows for new challenges and additional loot to be gained for defeating bosses inside of the raid instance. Check out our in-depth guide for this new feature in the AQ40 raid guide hub.
Battleguard Sartura Summary by Role
- You will want at least 4 tanks, to tank Sartura and her three royal guards.
- Use Taunt, Challenging Shout, Mocking Blow, and similar Druid abilities whenever your current target tries to fly away, as they will often try to attack random targets during the fight.
- Sartura and her guards can be stunned while not using Whirlwind, so use Concussion Blow if you have it and Intercept if your target manages to run away from you.
- Because their Whirlwind ability deals a lot of damage to nearby players, make sure to tank Sartura and her guards apart from each other, minimizing the odds of someone being caught by two or more Whirlwinds and dying.
- Sartura's Whirlwind will stack up an armor reduction effect on her tank and any other players hit by it. If this gets too high, you should look to tank swap with a tank whose guard has been killed.
- At 20% health remaining, she will enrage, greatly increasing her damage and attack speed. Make sure to save defensive cooldowns for this point.
- Spread out evenly across the arena, as the players you will be healing will also be spread, in order to minimize Whirlwind damage.
- Paladins can use Hammer of Justice to stun Sartura and her guards while they are not using Whirlwind.
- Spread out evenly across the arena, in order to minimize Whirlwind damage.
- Rogues should use Kidney Shot to stun Sartura and her guards while they are not using Whirlwind. Because it does not share diminishing returns with most other stun effects, it is almost guaranteed to land for its full duration, greatly helping with keeping the fight under control.
- Because all of the damage received in this fight is purely physical, Mages should use Amplify Magic to increase the healing received by the raid.
General Tips for Battleguard Sartura
- Because of the high damage output of Sartura and her Guards, you should try to stun them as much as possible and focus down the Guards one by one, only swapping to Sartura herself once they are all down.
- You can use Limited Invulnerability Potion to become immune to all the damage present in this fight, in case of emergency.
- Avoid standing anywhere near the exit tunnel from her room, as the random knockbacks from the guards can easily cause you to land on top of the adds, leading to your death and possibly a wipe if enough of them are aggroed into the raid mid-encounter.
Strategy for Battleguard Sartura
Begin by having your group run in, tanks first. Have each tank grab their pre-assigned enemy and have them try their best to bring them to the positions displayed in the image, while all DPS and healers spread out and burn down the adds one by one.
Tanks whose target dies should go help with tanking Sartura or the guards, preferably having the first go directly to Sartura and begin a Taunt rotation to minimize the amount of armor debuffs tanks need to deal with.
Avoid standing anywhere near the exit tunnel, and use as many stuns as you can to keep Sartura and her guards under control while taking them down, which should result in a quick victory for your team!
Loot from Battleguard Sartura
|Creeping Vine Helm||Head|
|Necklace of Purity||Neck|
|Robes of the Battleguard||Chest|
|Gauntlets of Steadfast Determination||Gloves|
|Gloves of Enforcement||Gloves|
|Thick Qirajihide Belt||Belt|
|Leggings of the Festering Swarm||Legs|
|Legplates of Blazing Light||Legs|
|Scaled Leggings of Qiraji Fury||Legs|
|Badge of the Swarmguard||Trinket|
|Imperial Qiraji Armaments||Token|
|Imperial Qiraji Regalia||Token|
- 21 Apr. 2022: Mentioned encounter changes in the Season of Mastery.
- 30 Jun. 2020: Added a link to the general guide at the bottom.
- 11 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open