Golemagg the Incinerator Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Golemagg the Incinerator is the eighth boss you will encounter in Molten Core, and can be found in far back of the room that Sulfuron Harbinger is in. He is a large magma giant that stands with two Core Hounds at his side.
To get the next boss, Majordomo Executus, simply head back up the path you came and follow the winding path up the rock cliff.
Golemagg Summary by Role
- You need four tanks, two for the boss and two for the Core Hounds.
- Keep the boss in the middle of the room where he starts, but pull the Core Hounds away from him back and to the sides of the room. Face the Core Hounds away from the raid, into a wall. Have a Hunter help pull the Core Hounds to each tank at the start of the pull to make it easier.
- The two tanks on the boss should swap based on Magma Splash stacks. Whichever tank is not currently tanking needs to not be hitting Golemagg the Incinerator at all.
- The tanks will be in the biggest danger of dying, so having shields and healing over time effects rolling on them is a good idea. Keep in mind that there are multiple tanks and they will be spread around the room.
- Ignore the Core Hounds completely, just kill Golemagg the Incinerator.
- Melee should be behind the boss.
General Tips for Golemagg
- Tank positioning is key — make sure the Core Hounds and boss are well positioned and under control from the start.
- Have your Hunters pull the Core Hounds back for the off-tanks, so they do not have to worry about a resisted taunt on pull when they are far away.
Strategy for Golemagg
Golemagg is a very simple fight with the correct tank setup. You will want 4 tanks for this encounter, with two tanks to deal with Golemagg, while two tanks each take one of the Core Hounds that are there at the start of the encounter.
You will want to start by having two Hunters attack the two Core Hounds on pull, pulling them back to the two tanks who should be waiting away from the raid on either side of the room. The tanks can then taunt the Core Hounds, facing them away from the raid where they will hold them for the rest of the fight. The raid will never need to kill the Core Hounds, and can focus completely on burning down Golemagg.
The two dedicated Golemagg tanks will need to alternate holding the boss. The first tank will start on Golemagg, while the second tank sits away from the boss not attacking him. It is critical that the off-tank does not attack Golemagg, so they do not generate any stacks of the debuff.
Once the main tank has 5+ stacks, the off-tank can come in and taunt, allowing the main tank to step out and stop attacking. You can rinse and repeat this process, but the boss should be dead after 1-2 tank swaps. There are no relevant DPS mechanics, you just need to kill the boss.
- Magma Splash is a debuff that is sometimes put on players who hit Golemagg with melee attacks. This will stack up, making the players take more damage. This ability is why you need two tanks for Golemagg himself.
Loot from Golemagg the Incinerator
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Breastplate of Might||60||Chest||Warrior|
|Robes of Prophecy||60||Chest||Priest|
|Aged Core Leather Gloves||60||Hands|
|Fire Runed Grimoire||60||Off-hand|
|Mana Igniting Cord||60||Waist|
|Obsidian Edged Blade||60||Weapon|
|Quick Strike Ring||60||Finger|
|Staff of Dominance||60||Weapon|
|Talisman of Ephemeral Power||60||Trinket|
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- BCC Phase 2: Overlords of Outland Launch Delayed
- Overlords of Outland Guides for Burning Crusade Classic
- (Almost) All Reputations at Exalted and 95.7% AllTheThings in Burning Crusade Classic
- WoW Classic Guild APES Done With Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time