Majordomo Executus Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
After killing Golemagg the Incinerator, head back up the path you came from and then continue going up the winding pathway until you reach Majordomo.
Majordomo Executus Summary by Role
- You will want five tanks for this fight, one to hold the boss and four to hold adds. Each add tank will start the fight holding one Flamewaker Elite and then hold one Flamewaker Healer afterwards.
- At the start of the fight, pull the large adds away from the small adds so that no DPS accidentally break the Polymorphs.
- There are lots of adds, so if a tank dies or a Polymorph breaks, make sure you are looking out to potentially taunt a loose add.
- There will be lots of damage, both on the tanks and the raid. This is a great fight to use consumables and cooldowns whenever needed.
- You need four Mages to use Polymorph on each of the smaller adds at the start of the fight.
- Focus down the larger adds one at a time, starting with the four larger adds.
- Casters need to watch for Magic Reflection. When it is up on the adds, stop damaging them so you do not kill yourself accidentally.
General Tips for Executus
- Use 5 Warriors to tank the boss and adds, along with 4 Mages to Polymorph the 4 smaller, healer adds at the start.
- Start the pull by having a Hunter send their pet in to die. This ensures everyone can get their assigned target while the adds and boss are all focused on something else.
- Make sure everyone has the Priest buff Shadow Protection before you pull. Most of the damage taken is Shadow, so this will help out.
- Do not run into the forge in the center of the room as it will do damage.
Strategy for Executus
Majordomo Executus will not spawn in the instance until you have doused the various burning runes inside the instance, which requires some players in the raid to have a specific item from a long quest chain.
Majordomo is the most difficult encounter that you will face in Molten Core. Majordomo starts with 8 adds in addition to himself, consisting of 4 Flamewaker Elites (larger adds) and 4 Flamewaker Healers (smaller adds). The key of this fight is control and quickly killing off the adds. The fight ends when you kill all 8 adds - you do not have to kill Majordomo himself.
The opener on this fight is incredibly important so you can get everything setup properly.
Start the pull by sending a Hunter pet in to attack Majordomo. The pet will die, but everything will turn to attack it for a second, which is enough time for your Mages and tanks to get into position and take care of their assigned adds.
You will start by killing the 4 larger adds, the Flamewaker Elites. Use one tank per add, or one tank for two adds if you do not have 5 tanks (1 tank for the boss as well).
Have 4 Mages start the fight by each using Polymorph on one of the Flamewaker Healers to control them until the larger adds are all dead. Absolutely no AoE should be used until the larger adds are safely away from the Polymorphed adds. When the adds are positioned, you should mark and kill one add at a time until all of the larger adds are dead. When then 4 large adds are all dead, the Polymorphs will all break at once and the small adds will start attacking.
Each tank should pick up a new add, and you should repeat the process from before of marking and focusing one add at a time to kill it. Casters specifically will need to watch out for Magic Reflection, and should stop casting whenever it is up.
If you are in a guild that is mostly under-geared players, or you are just still finding yourself wiping to this boss week after week, there is an alternate strategy that can make the fight slightly easier to execute from a numbers perspective, but harder to execute mechanically. In short, you can have your Hunters start the pull by attacking the big melee adds separately with an Aimed Shot and Auto Shot to generate some threat, then have them jump off and run down the ramp with Aspect of the Cheetah. You can actually kite the adds pretty far before needing to use Feign Death, giving your raid plenty of time to kill the remaining adds uninterrupted. This is not an ideal strategy for more groups, but if you are having issues wiping early, this could help you out.
- Teleport will randomly teleport a player into the middle of the room on the burning coals. They will just need to quickly move out.
- Magic Reflection will sometimes be used on the adds, making them reflect magic damage. During this, your casters should refrain from DPSing so they do not kill themselves.
Loot from Majordomo Executus
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
Majordomo Executus drops not any Tier 1 set items.
|Ancient Petrified Leaf||60||Hunter Quest Item|
|Core Forged Greaves||60||Feet|
|Core Hound Tooth||60||Weapon|
|Finkle's Lava Dredger||60||Weapon|
|Gloves of the Hypnotic Flame||60||Hands|
|Sash of Whispered Secrets||60||Waist|
|The Eye of Divinity||60||Priest Quest Item|
|Wild Growth Spaulders||60||Shoulder|
|Wristguards of True Flight||60||Wrist|
- 25 May 2020: Added alternate strategy.
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 19th
- WoW Classic Patch 1.13.7 Patch Notes
- Naxxramas World Record Speed Run and 24 Second Sapphiron Kill
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- WoW Token Added to Burning Crusade Classic Beta for China Only
- New Burning Crusade Beta Build: Premade Characters, Gear Vendors Removed & Item Changes
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES