Mage Quests in WoW Classic
There are a few Mage specific quests in WoW Classic. These are started by your trainer, which sends you across the world in search for, typically, new pieces of gear. Because most of the quests reward weak gear for the effort required, we will focus on the most relevant of Mage quests in this guide, such as the Mage Wand questline.
This quest rewards strong wands for the level at which you can first complete it: Icefury Wand, Nether Force Wand, or Ragefire Wand. It begins at level 30, when your class trainer gives you the Journey to the Marsh quest, leading you to Tabetha in Dustwallow Marsh, around the 43,57 map coordinates.
Tabetha will set you on the Hidden Secrets quest, which requires you to go to The Shimmering Flats in Thousand Needles and talk to Magus Tirth, around the 77,76 coordinates. Grab Get the Scoop from Magus, and search for a chicken named Plucky Johnson nearby. Use the /beckon emote on him to transform him back into Magus' assistant, allowing you to complete the quest and receive the next step, Rituals of Power.
This step requires you to go grab the Rituals of Power item from the Scarlet Monastery's Library wing, which you can find in a bookshelf to your left, just as you enter the Athenaeum section of the dungeon. With the book in your inventory, return to Tabetha and start the Items of Power quest, which requires you to get a Jade and a Bolt Charged Bramble. Get the Jade from Mining or the auction house, and 10 Witherbark Totem Sticks from killing Witherbark Trolls in Arathi Highlands, around the 65,65 coordinates. These are used at the Circle of Outer Binding, around 51,48, to create the Bolt Charged Bramble. Finally, return to Tabetha to receive Icefury Wand in the final quest, Mage's Wand.
This variant of Polymorph is obtained through a short quest, Warlord Krellian, which is given by Archmage Xylem. You can teleport to him by going to the 28,50 map coordinates in Azshara. Find and kill Warlord Krellian, around 41,53. Return to Archmage Xylem and pick up Fragmented Magic, where you will have to polymorph Spitelash Naga, and kill the resulting critters. Finally, return to Archmage Xylem to receive Polymorph: Pig!
- 25 Sep. 2019: Page added.
- Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer Bug: November 20th
- Honor Display Bug Blue Posts: November 20th
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Release Date: December 10th
- WoW Classic Wins PC Game of the Year at Golden Joystick Awards
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tues/Wed 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Classic WoW "Realm Layering"
- [A][US][Bloodsail Buccaneers]Acies | WoW Classic | T/Th | 8:30 PM-11:30 PM ET |LFM
- Classic expectations