Mage Class Overview
The Mages of Warcraft once centered their powers within the mageocracy of Dalaran. After that kingdom's destruction by the Burning Legion, however, the arcane arts spread to the far corners of the world.
The Mage is a very important and helpful party member. One of the Mage's most powerful abilities is Polymorph, which allows it to control the number of monsters currently attacking the party. The mage is also able to use a teleportation spell, allowing it to travel through the land more quickly. Mages can even summon in food and drink to help everyone recover faster from battle.
1. Races for Mages
2. Mage Specializations
Mages have 3 talent specializations: Arcane, Fire, and Frost.
- Arcane — This specialization focuses not only on your damaging Arcane spells, but also on the utility of a Mage, helping to manage your Mana, shields and resistances.
- Fire — This specialization focuses on the destructive aspect of a Mage, with talents leaning towards buffing your Fire spells and damage.
- Frost — This specialization focuses on slowing enemies and freezing them while they are forced to withstand an assault of Frost damage.
2.1. Resources as a Mage
The primary resource used by Mages is Mana in all specializations.
3. Gearing a Mage
Mages are only able to wear Cloth armour.
Mages are able to use Daggers, Swords, Staves, and Wands.
4. Mage Trainers
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Mage trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Alliance and Horde.
4.1. Alliance Mage Trainers
- Bink — Ironforge
- Dink — Ironforge
- Elsharin — Stormwind City
- Jennea Cannon — Stormwind City
- Juli Stormkettle — Ironforge
- Khelden Bremen — Elwynn Forest
- Magis Sparkmantle — Dun Morogh
- Marryk Nurribit — Dun Morogh
- Nittlebur Sparkfizzle — Ironforge
- Zaldimar Wefhellt — Westfall
4.2. Horde Mage Trainers
- Anastasia Hartwell — Undercity
- Archmage Shymm — Thunder Bluff
- Cain Firesong — Tirisfal Glades
- Deino — Orgrimmar
- Enyo — Orgrimmar
- Isabella — Tirisfal Glades
- Kaelystia Hatebringer — Undercity
- Mai'ah — The Barrens
- Pephredo — Orgrimmar
- Pierce Shackleton — Undercity
- Thurston Xane — Thunder Bluff
- Un'Thuwa — The Barrens
- Ursyn Ghull — Thunder Bluff
- Uthel'nay — Orgrimmar
5. Mage Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Mage in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Mage DPS Guide for PvE
- Mage PvP Guide
- Mage Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Mages
- Making Gold as a Mage
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- WoW Classic Population Report: September 19th
- Free Character Moves (EU) Coming September 20th
- Free Character Moves (US) Coming September 19th
- New Realms and Free Character Moves for Brasil, Latin America, and Spain
- Buff Slot Clarifications and Upcoming Hotfixes
- WoW Classic EU Queue Times: September 18th
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- [Mankrik][H] Grievance is recruiting. Casual raiding. Real life first guild.
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tuesday 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]