Mage DPS Frost Resistance Gear
On this page, you will find the best Frost Resistance gear for your Mage DPS in WoW Classic. For more gearing advice, please refer to our Mage DPS Gearing and Best in Slot guide.
Frost Resistance Gear for Mages
Having some Frost Resistance gear on DPS players helps a lot when fighting Sapphiron in Naxxramas, as otherwise a lot of players will be taking 300 damage per second from his frost aura, which is likely to cause a wipe once healer Mana is drained.
We will be listing some of the best pieces you can get below, and note that you can get a lot of extra Resistance if you enchant your gear accordingly, as well!
Because FrostR gear has low to no other relevant stats, prioritize using your best normal gear pieces along with some FrostR gear, in order to achieve a balanced setup with 100+ FrostR unbuffed.
Whenever you loot raid gear with Frost Resistance on it, make sure to use it, as that gear tends to combine resistance with DPS stats.
|Helm||Glacial Headdress||Gothik the Harvester in Naxxramas|
|Neck||Touch of Frost||Anub'Rekhan in Naxxramas|
|Shoulders||Glacial Mantle||Grobbulus in Naxxramas|
|Waist||Random green of Frost Resistance||World Drop BoE|
|Legs||Glacial Leggings||The Only Song I Know... in Eastern Plaguelands|
|Feet||Random green of Frost Resistance||World Drop BoE|
|Rings||Ramaladni's Icy Grasp||Ramaladni's Icy Grasp in Eastern Plaguelands|
|Wand||Banshee Finger||Baroness Anastari in (side-entrance) Stratholme|
Finally, do not forget you can also complement your Frost Resistance gear with consumables such as Greater Frost Protection Potion, the Ice Guard head / leg enchant and the Frost Mantle of the Dawn (or chromatic) shoulder enchant.
You can find more Mage BiS lists in our dedicated gear hub below.
- 05 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Launching on January 17th
- Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic
- Patch 3.4.1 PTR Development Notes: January 6th
- Summon Gargoyle Changes on the Wrath Classic PTR
- Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge Achievements Coming to Wrath Classic
- No Changes Planned for Ulduar Tier Sets Beyond 6 Item Level Bump
- Wrath Classic Season 1 Ends January 9th
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update