Warrior Quests in WoW Classic
On this page, we cover the Warrior-specific quests in WoW Classic. There are only a few such quests, started by your trainer, which send you across the world in a pilgrimage to learn Defensive Stance, Berserker Stance and also sometimes provide special gear, the most notable of which is the almighty Whirlwind Axe!
Defensive Stance, Sunder Armor, and Taunt
The quest for Defensive Stance, Sunder Armor, and Taunt varies depending on your race. Its format is always the same, however: accept the initial quest from the trainer once you hit Level 10, then run off to meet a different NPC, which will assign you to kill and/or collect something nearby and, finally, return to the aforementioned NPC to receive your new skills.
Berserker Stance, Intercept
Once you hit Level 30, your class trainer will send you off to Fray Island (located in the Barrens, around the 68,48 map coordinates) for The Islander. Once you arrive on his island, talk to Klannoc Macleod to begin The Affray, upon which you will have to defeat waves of enemies, including the Level 33 Big Will.
You can rest between waves if you move away from the spectators, as they will only resume the assault once you are are close enough. Demoralizing Shout acts as a fear effect for the regular enemies in this challenge, which can be useful if you are getting overwhelmed. Once you kill Big Will, simply turn in the quest at Klannoc Macleod to receive your new skills: Berserker Stance and Intercept.
Whirlwind Axe is by far the most powerful weapon a Warrior can wield at Level 30, which is when this quest is unlocked. Its power comes from having high damage, combined with very slow swing speed and Axe Specialization. The caveat is, that, in order to complete this quest, you have to kill higher level enemies, including Cyclonian, a Level 40 elite, in the final step.
This makes it very hard to solo (for the record, Engineering pets, such as Compact Harvest Reaper Kit and Mechanical Dragonling help a lot!) until you are Level 40 or close, which diminishes the relative power of the reward compared to other weapons of the same level. It is still completely worth doing, regardless!
If you have the required support, or are suitably high level, start by picking up The Windwatcher from your trainer. Mind that it requires you to have finished the Berserker Stance quest, which you should have at this point.
- 8 Liferoot, which can be bought from other players or picked up through Herbalism, killing enemies, and some vendors (limited supply);
- 30 Bloodscalp Tusk, which can be found on Bloodscalp Trolls. These enemies can be found on the Northwest of Stranglethorn Vale (around 28,12);
- 1 Essence of the Exile, which can be obtained through the cauldron next to Bath'rah the Windwatcher once you gather 8 Thundering Charm, 8 Burning Charm and 8 Cresting Charm. The enemies that drop these materials inhabit the Arathi Highlands and can be found around 24,28 (Burning Exile), 51,46 (Thundering Exile) and 66,29 (Cresting Exile).
Finally, once you are done with all the collecting, gather your friends (or engineering pets) and accept The Summoning to fight Cyclonian after a short RP moment. Once you prevail, you will be given the choice of three unique weapons in Whirlwind Weapon. Obviously, pick Whirlwind Axe and enjoy the first weapon in the game capable of carrying you all the way left to Level 60!
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Warsong Gulch Exit Portals to Be Removed
- Blackwing Lair Cleared in Under an Hour, World First Videos
- Blackwing Lair Raid in WoW Classic (Official Preview)
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Guides: Blackwing Lair & Darkmoon Faire
- Darkmoon Faire Dissapearance Bug Resolved
- [A] HEROD - SYNAPSE 8/8 BWL 8-11 EST
- Blocked Attacks
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- 3rd Pet
- Hunter Epic (Classic)
- petmyhornplz - Phase 3 Wishlist
- [A][US][Bloodsail Buccaneers]Acies | WoW Classic | T/Th | 8:30 PM-11:30 PM ET |LFM
- [A][US][Benediction] Torch | WoW Classic | Semi-Hardcore | Tues/Thurs/Sun 7:30-10:30pm EST