Warrior Quests in WoW Classic
On this page, we cover the Warrior-specific quests in WoW Classic. There are only a few such quests, started by your trainer, which send you across the world in a pilgrimage to learn Defensive Stance, Berserker Stance and also sometimes provide special gear, the most notable of which are the leveling MVP Whirlwind Axe and the powerful Diamond Flask.
Defensive Stance, Sunder Armor, and Taunt
The quest for Defensive Stance, Sunder Armor, and Taunt varies depending on your race. Its format is always the same, however: accept the initial quest from the trainer once you hit Level 10, then run off to meet a different NPC, which will assign you to kill and/or collect something nearby and, finally, return to the aforementioned NPC to receive your new skills.
Berserker Stance, Intercept
Once you hit Level 30, your class trainer will send you off to Fray Island (located in the Barrens, around the 68,48 map coordinates) for The Islander. Once you arrive on his island, talk to Klannoc Macleod to begin The Affray, upon which you will have to defeat waves of enemies, including the Level 33 Big Will.
You can rest between waves if you move away from the spectators, as they will only resume the assault once you are are close enough. Demoralizing Shout acts as a fear effect for the regular enemies in this challenge, which can be useful if you are getting overwhelmed. Once you kill Big Will, simply turn in the quest at Klannoc Macleod to receive your new skills: Berserker Stance and Intercept.
Whirlwind Axe is by far the most powerful weapon a Warrior can wield at Level 30, which is when this quest is unlocked. Its power comes from having high damage, combined with very slow swing speed and Axe Specialization. The caveat is, that, in order to complete this quest, you have to kill higher level enemies, including Cyclonian, a Level 40 elite, in the final step.
This makes it very hard to solo (for the record, Engineering pets, such as Compact Harvest Reaper Kit and Mechanical Dragonling help a lot!) until you are Level 40 or close, which diminishes the relative power of the reward compared to other weapons of the same level. It is still completely worth doing, regardless!
If you have the required support, or are suitably high level, start by picking up The Windwatcher from your trainer. Mind that it requires you to have finished the Berserker Stance quest, which you should have at this point.
Follow up by going to Bath'rah the Windwatcher (located in the Alterac Mountains, around the 80,65 map coordinates) and accept Cyclonian. This quest requires you to gather three materials:
- 8 Liferoot, which can be bought from other players or picked up through Herbalism, killing enemies, and some vendors (limited supply);
- 30 Bloodscalp Tusk, which can be found on Bloodscalp Trolls. These enemies can be found on the Northwest of Stranglethorn Vale (around 28,12);
- 1 Essence of the Exile, which can be obtained through the cauldron next to Bath'rah the Windwatcher once you gather 8 Thundering Charm, 8 Burning Charm and 8 Cresting Charm. The enemies that drop these materials inhabit the Arathi Highlands and can be found around 24,28 (Burning Exile), 51,46 (Thundering Exile) and 66,29 (Cresting Exile).
Finally, once you are done with all the collecting, gather your friends (or engineering pets) and accept The Summoning to fight Cyclonian after a short RP moment. Once you prevail, you will be given the choice of three unique weapons in Whirlwind Weapon. Obviously, pick Whirlwind Axe and enjoy the first weapon in the game capable of carrying you all the way left to Level 60!
Warrior Sunken Temple Questline (Diamond Flask)
Diamond Flask is one of the very best trinkets for Warrior in WoW Classic, and is unbeatable whenever the fight is short enough that its 1 minute uptime covers the whole fight. We strongly recommend you to choose this reward.
In order to obtain it, grab A Troubled Spirit from a major city Warrior trainer and meet the NPC in between Swamp of Sorrows and the Blasted Lands.
Get Warrior Kinship and kill Helboars around 54,40 in the Blasted Lands. Follow it up with War on the Shadowsworn, which requires you to kill multiple Shadowsworn NPCs around 65,32 in the same zone and turn the quest in to get the final step: Voodoo Feathers.
This quest will lead you into Sunken Temple, where you need to defeat the undead troll mini-bosses located in the elevated areas around the center ring.
- 27 Feb. 2020: Added Sunken Temple questline.
- 14 Sep. 2019: Guide added.
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Infinite A'dal Vs. Terokk Fist Fight - Brilliant Bug Use
- Bans Going Out for Ogri'la Quest Exploit, Up to 6 Months + Hilarious Hotfix Consequences
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- BCC Phase 2: Overlords of Outland Launch Delayed
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time