Warrior Class Overview
Warriors are the melee-centered class. These characters are as tough as nails and masters of weaponry and tactics. The special abilities of the warrior are naturally combat-oriented.
Warrior in Season of Discovery
Find our new guides for Warrior in WoW Classic Season of Discovery below! The new game mode will have players find and utilize Runes that can then be engraved onto their gear to provide them special bonuses that augment already existing abilities or allow the class to use entirely new spells.
Warrior can function as both a DPS and a Tank, and while that isn't changing, the Season of Discovery will make new builds possible, and increase the power of already existing builds.
Warriors have three talent specializations: Arms, Fury, and Protection.
- Arms — This specialization capitalises on the prowess of Warriors and their mastery of weapons, ensuring that no movement is wasted in combat, regardless of the weapon chosen.
- Fury — Warriors are known for their herculean strength and, as expected, Fury amplifies that to superhuman levels as they shrug off damage that would bring other classes to their knees.
- Protection — This specialization utilises the combat experience of the Warrior to shield their allies and ensure they take the brunt of the party's damage.
Resources as a Warrior
The primary resource used by Warriors is Rage in all specializations.
Races for Warriors
Warriors can be played as any race on both the Alliance and Horde. They are the only class that can do this.
Gearing a Warrior
Warriors are able to wear Cloth, Leather, and Mail armour, as well as Plate after reaching Level 40.
Warriors are able to use all weapon types except for Wands.
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Warrior trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Alliance and Horde.
Alliance Warrior Trainers
- Alyissia — Teldrassil
- Ander Germaine — Stormwind City
- Arias'ta Bladesinger — Darnassus
- Bilban Tosslespanner — Ironforge
- Captain Evencane — Dustwallow Marsh
- Darnath Bladesinger — Darnassus
- Granis Swiftaxe — Dun Morogh
- Ilsa Corbin — Stormwind City
- Kelstrum Stonebreaker — Ironforge
- Kelv Sternhammer — Ironforge
- Kyra Windblade — Teldrassil
- Llane Beshere — Elwynn Forest
- Lyria Du Lac — Elwynn Forest
- Sildanair — Darnassus
- Thran Khorman — Dun Morogh
- Wu Shen — Stormwind City
Horde Warrior Trainers
- Angela Curthas — Undercity
- Austil de Mon — Tirisfal Glades
- Baltus Fowler — Undercity
- Christoph Walker — Undercity
- Dannal Stern — Tirisfal Glades
- Frang — Durotar
- Grezz Ragefist — Orgrimmar
- Harutt Thunderhorn — Mulgore
- Ker Ragetotem — Thunder Bluff
- Krang Stonehoof — Mulgore
- Malosh — Swamp of Sorrows
- Sark Ragetotem — Thunder Bluff
- Sorek — Orgrimmar
- Tarshaw Jaggedscar — Durotar
- Torm Ragetotem — Thunder Bluff
- Zel'mak — Orgrimmar
Warrior Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Warrior in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Warrior Tanking Guide for PvE
- Warrior DPS Guide for PvE
- Warrior PvP Guide
- Warrior Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Warriors
- Making Gold as a Warrior
- 19 Nov. 2023: Updated for Season of Discovery.
- 29 Sep. 2019: Updated trainer locations.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 4th
- SoD Metamorphosis Rune Changes Coming Today or Tomorrow
- Blizzard on Warlock's Metamorphosis Rune Acquisition
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- SoD Runes Do Not Work When Equipment Breaks
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear