Classic Warrior DPS Guide
Welcome to our Warrior DPS guide for WoW Classic, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how all you need to know to play the Warrior class as DPS. We will go over your spells and your talents, explaining what to take and how to use them. We also delve into aspects such as stats, enchants, and gear.
1. Warrior DPS Overview
Warriors are, for the most part, topping WoW Classic DPS meters. While the leveling part is very tough, due to the lack of end game gear and weak early skills (which lead to constant starvation of their main resource: Rage), Warriors are more than compensated at max level, with the best scaling DPS and gear loop in the game. Better gear makes Warriors generate more Rage, which in turn allows them to land more special attacks, which also hit harder due to the better gear.
2. Warrior Strengths as a DPS
- Highest damage potential in game when geared, due to great scaling.
- Can become an off-tank on some fights with little effort.
3. Warrior Weaknesses as a DPS
- Can be squishy against non-Physical damage, as many of the core abilities require taking extra damage ( Berserker Stance, Recklessness, and Death Wish).
- Gearing can be difficult, due to the high popularity of Warriors in groups.
4. Best Races for Alliance DPS Warriors
- Human is the best race for PvE, as the extra weapon skill from Sword Specialization and Mace Specialization is a huge damage increase, leading to more Rage to use on abilities.
- Gnome is the best race for PvP alongside Dwarf, due to Escape Artist, which is a deal breaker in PvP, where rooting effects are the bane of Warriors. They also have Engineering Specialization, which is quite useful in WoW Classic, due to the power of this profession.
- Dwarf are also amazing for PvP, as Stoneform breaks Blind and the other Rogue poisons, allowing you to dominate them. Dwarf's starting stats are also very strong a Warrior, but this starter advantage is diluted as your level and overall stats increase.
- Night Elf has Quickness for slightly increased dodge chance, and Shadowmeld, which has its uses, especially in PvP where you can sometimes surprise enemy players with it.
5. Best Races for Horde DPS Warriors
- Orc Warrior has the best PvE DPS potential in game, due to the combination of Axe Specialization, Blood Fury and Windfury Totem. They are also great for PvP due to Hardiness providing a strong chance to fully resist stuns, which will often allow you to bypass being crowd-controlled altogether.
- Tauren has extra health from Endurance, and a useful stun in War Stomp, making it a solid choice for PvP. Keep in mind Taurens have larger hitboxes than other races, allowing them to hit, and be hit, from afar. This can be a blessing, when trying to reach for fleeing enemies, or a curse, when trying to run away from them, but in general it will lead to higher melee range uptime on enemies, and higher DPS as a result.
- Troll has the potential to do even more damage than Orc in PvE, but only on a fight that lasts 30 seconds or less, allowing Berserking to overcome an Orc's superior sustained damage. Since this type of situation is mostly likely to occur when heavily overgearing an encounter, we cannot rate Troll highly for progression scenarios.
- Undead is a good PvP race, with Will of the Forsaken providing an extra way to break out of crowd control effects. Still, a Warrior can use other means to break fear (the most common crowd control besides roots), such as Berserker Rage.
6. Best Professions for DPS Warriors
Engineering is the one must-have profession if you care about powerful combat tools such as Goblin Sapper Charge, Arcanite Dragonling, and Hyper-Radiant Flame Reflector. It also provides great convenience through Dimensional Ripper - Everlook and Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan. All of these tools are only usable by Engineers, which makes it the top profession for maximizing your performance in WoW Classic, at maximum level.
First Aid will also be very useful for self-healing, which is something Warriors lack. Use it early and often for faster leveling and recovery in general.
Besides Engineering, Mining, Herbalism, and Skinning are all great to make gold, as all you need to do is gather materials while playing the game, with no investment required. Fishing can be learned by anyone and can also turn a tidy profit if you are able to farm rare, in-demand fish, such as Stonescale Eel.
Alchemy is our recommended crafting profession, due to the convenience and gold making potential of potions and flasks, but also due to Transmute: Arcanite's ability to act as a steady source of income, with minimal effort required.
Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Enchanting, and Cooking are all valuable in their own rights, but unless you have a rare pattern, it will be hard to make much money off them.
- 16 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Added new special gear to the list and changed the position of this list to the bottom of the guide.
- 02 Aug. 2019 (rotation page): Clarified how Death Wish should be used in a raid for optimal value.
- 28 Jul. 2019 (stats page): Added information on the white hit critical strike cap.
- 28 Jul. 2019 (rotation page): Added more information on why Sunder Armor is a legitimate skill to use when DPSing.
- 20 Jul. 2019 (stats page): Corrected some theorycraft due to feedback.
- 20 Jul. 2019 (rotation page): Reworked the rotation due to feedback.
- 20 Jul. 2019 (talents page): Changed the Fury 2h build to include Improved Slam and added more information on the talent.
- 16 Jul. 2019 (gear page): Updated some gear recommendations.
- 16 Jul. 2019 (enchants page): Fixed a typo on the description of Goblin Sapper Charge and added Blessed Sunfruit.
- 15 Jul. 2019 (this page): Added more information on the available races, their strengths and weaknesses.
- 18 Jun. 2019 (this page): Added notes about Professions.
- 12 Jun. 2019 (enchants page): Page added.
- 12 Jun. 2019 (stats page): Page added.
- 12 Jun. 2019 (rotation page): Page added.
- 12 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Page added.
- 12 Jun. 2019 (spells page): Page added.
- 12 Jun. 2019 (this page): Page added.
- 12 Jun. 2019 (gear page): Page added.
- New Realms Coming for WoW Classic: August 19th
- WoW Classic Content Hub
- WoW Classic Glossary
- WoW Classic Realms Population Report: August 17th
- Fan-Made WoW Classic Trailer
- Blizzard Urges Players to Stay Away from Herod (US) & Shazzrah (EU)
- WoW Classic Beta & Stress Test Bug Fixes
- Thex Meme Takes WoW Classic by Storm