Season of Discovery Arms Warrior DPS Guide
Welcome to our DPS Arms Warrior guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Warrior class as a DPS Arms Warrior. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Arms Warriors have traditionally been two-handed weapon PvP masters and the best leveling and soloing specialization in WoW Classic.
While their early game is typically hard due to the lack of instant abilities to press, they are rewarded with great leveling tools later once Sweeping Strikes unlocks, as well as Whirlwind and Mortal Strike. They also have a powerful end game in PvP due to the 50% healing reduction from Mortal Strike being a must!
- Easier to gear than Fury due to needing only one weapon
- Can become an off-tank on some fights with little effort
- Fantastic PvP spec, with access to Mortal Strike and multiple offensive and defensive abilities and cooldowns, further empowered by the new Runes
- Due to the way Rage works, you will never run out of resources, and the more damage you take, the more Rage you get to DPS with
- Gearing can be difficult, due to the high popularity of Warriors in groups
- Damage output can be heavily mitigated by high armor targets, such as most Gnomeregan bosses
- Can be squishy against non-Physical damage, as many of the core abilities, such as Berserker Stance, require taking extra damage for a DPS benefit
Season of Discovery
The main addition to Arms in Season of Discovery are the new runes.
There are many options to pick from: Victory Rush, Frenzied Assault, and Blood Frenzy are all available early and make Warrior leveling much easier.
Once at maximum level, Endless Rage is a great passive increase to Rage generation capabilities, which further enable casting instant Slams on cooldown with the new Precise Timing rune, as well as Mortal Strike and Whirlwind.
Other interesting runes include Flagellation, which turns Bloodrage and Berserker Rage into DPS cooldowns, and a choice between Enraged Regeneration or Rallying Cry, two great sources of survivability for you or also your group.
As the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Arms Warrior have changed with the coming of Season of Discovery, browse the guides in the Table of Content at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master this new game mode!
We started this guide by stating that Arms Warriors will become top tier PvPers in WoW Classic. The best way to ensure that you never leave the top of the leaderboards is to spam as many Engineering crafts as you can afford. Take Mining along with it during the leveling trek because, otherwise, you will be running out of gold very fast!
Once maximum level, it is wise to combine Engineering with Blacksmithing, as there will be various new bind on pickup crafted gear that will be best in slot for each level bracket in SoD, such as Tempered Interference-Negating Helmet , with further important BoP crafts expected down the line.
Rune Engravings for Arms Warriors
The main feature of Season of Discovery is the new Rune Discovery system, which allows you to discover and attach special abilities to your gear slots after finding them across the world. We list all of Warrior's runes and where they can be located in the guide below:
- 15 Feb. 2024: Updated introduction for Phase 2.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic