Classic Warrior DPS Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Warrior DPS in WoW Classic.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Warrior gear and best in slots:
Gearing Strategy for DPS Warriors
While a clear best in slot (BiS) list is always available in WoW Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Depending on your race, you might want different items as well, as swords or maces are more powerful for Humans, due to Sword Specialization and Mace Specialization, and axes are more powerful for Orcs, due to Axe Specialization.
Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
Season of Mastery Lists
As WoW Classic's Season of Mastery consists of Phases that are separate from the regular branch of Classic, we have created unique gear lists for its pre-raid and Phases. In addition, you may find it useful to look over our Fire Resistance Gear guide for your specialization, which is applicable for either version of Classic.
DPS Warrior Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Diamond Flask and Hand of Justice.
Naxxramas DPS Warrior BiS
The final part of WoW Classic, Naxxramas contains most of the best gear in the game, and also the toughest bosses to use it on.
Warrior Tier 3, Dreadnaught's Battlegear is a pure tanking set full of defensive stats and Protection oriented tier bonuses, thus we will focus on off-set DPS gear, which is plentiful in Naxxramas.
In order to make the best use possible out of multiple long cooldown trinkets, such as Diamond Flask, swap them into your gear set when they are off-cooldown and replace them with others during their cooldown.
Two-hand weapons are ideal to deal with trash packs and should generally be swapped to in between bosses, while dual-wielding provides the best single target damage available for bosses.
Because all of Naxxramas bosses are undead other than Maexxna and Grand Widow Faerlina, items that have powerful bonuses that only work on undead such as Seal of the Dawn, Mark of the Champion and the Battlegear of Undead Slaying set are a viable alternative to the BiS pieces we list below when doing the raid.
Other Useful Phase 6 Gear for DPS Warriors
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some which are very close to the best and some which are just much easier to get!
Frost Resistance Gear for DPS Warriors
Being a responsible DPS on Naxxramas means having enough Frost Resistance to safely do Sapphiron once his time comes. Make sure you are as prepared as you can by reading our specialized guide on the gear / enchants available below.
Nature Resistance Gear for DPS Warriors
As a melee player, DPS Warriors will be required to use as much Nature Resistance gear as they can for Princess Huhuran and Viscidus (if allowed into his room at all). Read this guide to figure out where to find such gear, and which pieces to wear!
Warrior PvP Best in Slot Gear
If you would prefer to gear for PvP, you can find our Warrior PvP BiS guide below.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Warrior weapons.
Special Gear for DPS Warriors
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Annihilator (or the less expensive, less powerful Rivenspike and Bashguuder) allows you to reduce an enemy's armor by up to 600 for your whole group, making it a very powerful weapon swap. Use it at the start of an encounter to quickly full debuff the boss, and then swap to your normal weapon to take advantage of the lowered armor.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- The Alliance-only Crystal of Zin-Malor allows you to kill yourself easily, and you do not get durability loss if you die from its effect. This can occasionally be useful, such as when you regret getting on a fly path after you are already flying or if you need to talk with the Blackrock Depths key ghost NPC. You get it from starting the quest Tormented By the Past.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Added the new Warsong Gulch Exalted legs.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Reworked the BiS guide with Naxxramas and clarity in mind.
- 12 Nov. 2020: Added a note on anti-undead gear for Naxxramas.
- 11 Nov. 2020: Updated with Phase 6 gear and related tips.
- 05 Nov. 2020: Added a Frost Resistance gear list.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Adjusted gear recommendations based on feedback.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Transferred the Ahn'Qiraj gear into the main guide.
- 27 Jul. 2020: Added a link to the Nature Resistance gear guide.
- 14 Jul. 2020: Added AQ40 BiS gear section.
- 19 May 2020: Added Silithus twilight boss summoning gear.
- 16 Apr. 2020: Added Girdle of the Fallen Crusader and Therazane's Link.
- 14 Apr. 2020: Updated with Zul'Gurub gear.
- 11 Mar. 2020: Updated with Arathi Basin gear.
- 04 Mar. 2020: Added Cloudkeeper Legplates.
- 20 Feb. 2020: Adjusted two-hand weapon priority.
- 12 Feb. 2020: Updated BiS list for Phase 3 of WoW Classic and split the guide into multiple pages.
- 28 Jan. 2020: Typo fixes and added Frostbite.
- 25 Jan. 2020: Added PvP reputation gear and more ranked PvP gear.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Added link to PvP BiS.
- 23 Nov. 2019: Reworked the layout of the BiS list and added multiple new gear pieces, including the Black Dragonscale set.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Updated BiS list for Phase 2 of WoW Classic.
- 13 Oct. 2019: Added Phase One Molten Core / Onyxia gear bis list and Dire Maul gear.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Added new special gear to the list and changed the position of this list to the bottom of the guide.
- 16 Jul. 2019: Updated some gear recommendations.
- 12 Jun. 2019: Page added.
More Classic Warrior Guides
More Classic Guides from Other Classes
Classic Dungeon Guides
Classic Reputation Guides
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look