Classic Warrior DPS Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Warrior DPS in WoW Classic.
Gearing Strategy for DPS Warriors
While a clear best in slot (BiS) list is always available in WoW Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Depending on your race, you might want different items as well, as swords or maces are more powerful for Humans, due to Sword Specialization and Mace Specialization, and axes are more powerful for Orcs, due to Axe Specialization.
Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
If you would prefer to gear for PvP, you can find our Warrior PvP BiS guide below.
WoW Classic Phases
As stated by Blizzard, WoW Classic will have six phases, starting with Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, and Maraudon, and ending with Naxxramas and the Scourge Invasion. This guide currently contains information relevant to Phase 2.
Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for DPS Warriors
You should make sure to not go over 6% extra Hit chance cap as a Human or Orc, when taking advantage of your weapon skill racials (also if you are a lucky Edgemaster's Handguards user), or the 9% Hit chance cap with other races and weapons.
The Black Dragon Mail set is very valuable, as it provides a lot of attack power and other needed stats, and has great, easily obtainable set bonuses of 1% hit and 2% critical strike at two and three pieces, respectively.
Finally, look out for uncommon gear of the Tiger, which can often be found in the Auction House, as the Strength and Agility present on it makes for great DPS gear!
|Main-Hand / Off-Hand||
* Edgemaster's Handguards grant +7 weapon skill with the most common weapon types. The first +5 weapon skill grants you a huge benefit, as detailed in our DPS Warrior Weapon Skill page section, but it has rapidly diminishing returns post that amount, so these gloves are only advisable if you do not have at least +5 weapon skill from other sources yet, which will typically the case for Human and Orc using their racials.
Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for DPS Warriors
|Main-Hand / Off-Hand||
*As explained before, Edgemaster's Handguards (and Aged Core Leather Gloves, for daggers) will allow you to have a 6% Hit cap with any race, as long as you are using Axes, Daggers or Swords. This is a huge benefit when it bumps you from 300 weapon skill to 307, but not worth it when you were already at 305 or above to begin with. Plan your gear accordingly.
Fire Resistance Gear for DPS Warriors
While doing Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair, it is possible you will need some Fire Resistance gear, especially for Ragnaros. The pieces we list below are the ones that grant significant Fire Resistance and do not drop from Molten Core itself. For damage dealers, it is not advisable to use resistance gear that hurts your damage potential too much, so we will only list easily accessible gear, that you might even already have for other purposes. Depending on your buffs and consumables, you might not even need any of this gear. Also, if you loot powerful gear with Fire Resistance on it during your Molten Core clears, replace whatever pieces you are still wearing of the following:
|Helm||Gyth's Skull (of Fire Resistance)||Gyth in Upper Blackrock Spire|
|Neck||Drakefire Amulet||Onyxia's Lair Attunement Quest|
|Cloak||Cape of the Fire Salamander||Ambassador Flamelash in Blackrock Depths|
|Wrists||Emberplate Armguards (of Fire Resistance)||Lord Incendius in Blackrock Depths|
|Ring||Ocean's Breeze||A Hero's Reward quest in Azshara (Hydraxian Waterlords)|
|Trinket||Hyper-Radiant Flame Reflector||Engineering|
Finally, do not forget you can also complement your Fire Resistance gear with consumables such as Greater Fire Protection Potion, Juju Ember, the Libram of Resilience leg and head enchant, the Enchant Cloak - Fire Resistance cloak enchant, and the Flame Mantle of the Dawn shoulder enchant.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Warrior weapons.
Special Gear for DPS Warriors
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Annihilator (or the less expensive, less powerful Rivenspike and Bashguuder) allows you to reduce an enemy's armor by up to 600 for your whole group, making it a very powerful weapon swap. Use it at the start of an encounter to quickly full debuff the boss, and then swap to your normal weapon to take advantage of the lowered armor.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- Crystal of Zin-Malor allows you to kill yourself easily, and you do not get durability loss if you die from its effect. This can occasionally be useful, such as when you regret getting on a fly path after you are already flying or if you need to talk with the Blackrock Depths key ghost NPC. You get it from starting the quest Tormented By the Past.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Added link to PvP BiS.
- 23 Nov. 2019: Reworked the layout of the BiS list and added multiple new gear pieces, including the Black Dragonscale set.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Updated BiS list for Phase 2 of WoW Classic.
- 13 Oct. 2019: Added Phase One Molten Core / Onyxia gear bis list and Dire Maul gear.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Added new special gear to the list and changed the position of this list to the bottom of the guide.
- 16 Jul. 2019: Updated some gear recommendations.
- 12 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- Mists of Pandaria and WC3: Reforged 8K Upscaled Cinematics
- Diablo 2 Median XL Mod Patch 1.40 Released
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Release Date for Blackwing Lair and More
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: January 7th
- WoW Classic Hotfixes: January 7th
- Diablo 2 Fan Remaster / Upscale Project
- 3rd Pet
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Knights Who Say Ni @ Staghelm
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Hunter Ranged weapon recommendation is wrong
- [A][US][Kromcrush]Retrofeels | WoW Classic | Tues | 7:30 PM-10:30 PM ET
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Weapon swing Timers