Vlad

Legendary OTK Murloc Paladin Standard

19 posts in this topic

Very nice deck. having a blast with it :)  i just dont have rag or the second lay on hands right now.  for now i replaced them with azure drake for some draw and one guardian of kings as pseudo rag. any other recomendations? (i dont have tirion aswell)

lost first game right on spot don't know why this is a good deck

29 minutes ago, Guest bigmaneat said:

lost first game right on spot don't know why this is a good deck

Woah, judging a deck based on ONE game, that is something new. You could try watching some streamers play this deck, but I honestly doubt that it will help you.

Isn't this deck supposed to have The Curator and Stampeding Kodo in it? ;)

10 hours ago, mgoetze said:

Isn't this deck supposed to have The Curator and Stampeding Kodo in it? ;)

Not necessary, and it's not yet updated anyways. The Curator is a hefty investment, and Murloc Paladin can benefit from "just drawing" rather tutoring for Murlocs, who aren't exactly heal you, wipe the board and draw into Anyfin like the rest of your stuff does.

New conversation : I think guide needs a math mentioning 3rd and 4th Anyfin, as they are definitely possible thanks to Ivory Knight. It's already done for Anyfin #1 and #2.

6 hours ago, TheEviscerator said:

any replacement for rag and tirion?elise and lay on hands maybe?

They are both very strong cards, especially Tirion Fordring, as he gives you 15 damage over 3 turns, which helps when the draw is suboptimal and the Anyfin Can Happen will not do maximum damage. If I were you, I would add one Lay on Hands and one Humility and start saving dust for Tirion Fordring.

Ragnaros, Lightlord is also a really important card in the deck, especially if you run 1 Forbidden Healing. You can get away with Lay on Hands but that wouldn't be exactly great. RagLite buffs your Barnes and gives you a sticky healing totem, although it's weak to premier removal that's probably chilling in your opponent's hand.

Tirion Fordring is excellent value for a control deck, he is excellent with Barnes, but I feel that sometimes you're dead even after playing him fair. Comparing these two legendaries, I'd say that RagLite is strategically favored because he does exactly what deck wants - and that is helps you to stay alive - while Tirion helps you to kill stuff in combat which is slightly less helpful, but diminishing Barnes value without him would be a big hit.

Why is deck played frequently on tourneys considered "somewhat outside the current meta" ? 

37 minutes ago, Guest Komthur said:

Why is deck played frequently on tourneys considered "somewhat outside the current meta" ? 

Tournament meta is different from ladder meta.
You can expect less of one deck or one class, as one player is most of the time allowed to take only one deck from one class (i.e. you can't use same class twice). This means not only you see more different decks, but also you are forced to take "subpar" decks, as you simply cannot play midrange shaman, unlike on ladder.

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

Tournament meta is different from ladder meta.
You can expect less of one deck or one class, as one player is most of the time allowed to take only one deck from one class (i.e. you can't use same class twice). This means not only you see more different decks, but also you are forced to take "subpar" decks, as you simply cannot play midrange shaman, unlike on ladder.

An avid reader can get an image of Murloc Paladin pictured by @positiv2 as a "subpar" deck. This is not particularly true. Deck is pretty good at doing its thing.

What makes it a bad ladder choice is that "its thing" is not good against ladder metagame - dominated by Shaman and Hunter.

When you are approaching tournament formats - Conquest, where you have to win with each of your decks, winner is forced to change the deck - and Last Hero Standing - where winner is forced to stay on his deck - not only the meta changes, but the whole approach of forming your lineup matters. This is a complex thing, it can also happen during the actual game, and I won't discuss this much, but what is to be pointed out is that you can capitilaze on a deck having very lopsided matchups(like Murloc Paladin), turning it from relative weakness to relative strength, thus not really making your choice "subpar" to anything.

I'm sorry if this comment looks pointless or offensive, but the word "subpar" just triggered me. Cheers!

@ParacelI, of course, meant that the deck is subpar on current ladder (or, yesterday's ladder), and that's why I put the word subpar into quotes. 

The deck might see a move to a different category now that the nerfs are live, though we have to wait and see how the meta shapes up.

On 11/7/2016 at 2:00 PM, Guest Go1dfish said:

What can I replace the Solemn Vigil and Forbidden Healingwith?

Also worth noting that, if you can't craft Lay on Hands, you can also use 1x Blessing of Wisdom. It actually works OK in the deck, from what I've seen, for card draw. It's not ideal at all, but it works. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Hevea said:

Sorry, how is Anyfin Can Happen supposed to deal 30 damage? With 2 Bluegill Warrior and 2 Murloc Warleader you would only be able to do 12, 6 from each Bluegill Warrior buffed twice.

The first one will not be a massive damage burst, as you say, but rather the second one will be the one to deliver the finishing blow, as you get either 4 Murloc Warleaders and 3 Bluegill Warriors, or 4 Bluegill Warrior and 3 Murloc Warleaders, both granting you lethal with 30 and 32 damage respectively.

20 hours ago, Guest Hevea said:

Sorry, how is Anyfyn Can Happen supposed to deal 30 damage? With 2 Bluegill Warrior and 2 Murloc Warleader you would only be able to do 12, 6 from each Bluegill Warrior buffed twice.

Just to add to what positiv said, this is also why the first Anyfin can often be used to clear. You can clear most priority targets, force them to clear your Warleaders, then you pop your second Anyfin and go face.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor