Acidic Swamp Ooze — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Acidic Swamp Ooze is a neutral minion. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Acidic Swamp Ooze has the correct stats for a vanilla 3/2 minion, and a strong effect in the right circumstances. This means that you are not giving up too much in matchups where it does not get to use its effect, and prevents it from being a liability. This makes it a reasonable tech card if the metagame involves a lot of weapon classes.
Although Acidic Swamp Ooze can get the job done as a tech choice against Weapon classes, the release of Gluttonous Ooze in the Journey to Un'Goro expansion has relegated the Swamp Ooze to largely being a budget option. Gluttonous Ooze's Armor gain tends to help negate more of the impact of the weapon than Swamp Ooze does, and more than makes up for the slight lack of value in its stats.
Acidic Swamp Ooze is a strong 2-drop minion in Arena. Due to it having good stats, it is not going to be a problem in the games where it has no effect. In fact, if you have no other option on Turn 2, it is usually correct to play the Swamp Ooze, rather than holding out to use its Battlecry. This is because missing Turn 2 can put you so far enough behind in the game, that the Battlecry is unable to recover your position.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck