Holy Freeze Zealot Paladin (Freezadin) Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Holy Freeze Zealot. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Holy Freeze Zealot Skill Build
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Sacrifice — Synergy for Zeal, required
- 20 points to Zeal — Main damage skill, invest into Sacrifice first for more damage or Zeal for more Attack Rating, required
- 20 points to Fanaticism — If using Doom only, this is best option for most Damage
- 20 points to Holy Freeze — If not using Doom
- 20 points to Resist Cold — Synergy for Holy Freeze, required
- 20 points to Salvation — Synergy for Holy Freeze, required
- 1+ points to Holy Shield — Great to maximise chance to Block, required
Select Holy Freeze Zealot Skill Discussion
The Holy Freeze Zealot plays very similar to a classic Zealot, but with slightly less attack speed and damage for the added safety of Holy Freeze. The best part about Holy Freeze is that the Aura cannot be prevented from slowing monsters, including Cold Immunes, although Act Bosses are not affected. This is because while the effects of Holy Freeze appear similar to those of of Chilling and Freezing, it works different from a mechanical standpoint.
There are a few different ways to build the Holy Freeze Zealot. You can opt for a high-damage weapon such as Grief or for something more in-line with the build such as Doom, which allows for some variance in the skill build, as outlined above.
Holy Freeze Zealot Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Holy Freeze Zealot Need?
Enough for gear — If using an Ethereal Vortex Shield this is 138 Strength. If choosing to use another shield with lower Strength requirements such as Herald of Zakarum, then 103 Strength for an Archon Plate is most likely necessary. This number always changes based on the gear you are using however, so make sure to always double check the Strength requirements of each piece of gear you have as well as how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Holy Freeze Zealot Need?
Enough for max block — Between 130 and 170 Dexterity total is usually enough to reach the 75% maximum chance to block. For a typical Paladin wearing the Herald of Zakarum and using a fairly high level Holy Shield, 130 Dexterity should be enough. Always check your Character Sheet however, where you can track your current chance to block as you allocate Dexterity.
How much Vitality Does a Holy Freeze Zealot Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength and Dexterity requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them, as well as the 75% maximum chance to block.
How much Energy Does a Holy Freeze Zealot Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions.
- 26 Sep. 2021: Page added.
- Diablo 4 Beta Added to the Battle.net Catalog
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- Diablo 4 Beta Invites Will Be Given to Hell's Ink Participants
- Diablo IV Added to the Playstation Store
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- 50% Buff to Magic Find in Diablo 2 Through July 4th
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 2.4.3 Notes