The Dead Ends Quick Dungeon Tips and Guide
Welcome to our quick guide to The Dead Ends, the sixth dungeon of Endwalker. This guide aims to be a quick primer for players entering the dungeon for the first time so they will know what to expect.
Full Guide for The Dead Ends
This guide serves as a quick primer for players experiencing the dungeon for the first time. It is aimed to be digestible quickly and targeted towards a specific role, so you can read it while in queue or loading in! For detailed explanations on boss mechanics, take a look at our main guide for the dungeon.
- Caustic Grebuloff
- The AoEs from Miasmata will move north or south depending on which direction the wind is blowing.
- Dodge Cough Up AoEs together and stack for Craven Companionship.
- Dodge the Wave of Nausea after Craven Companionship and again before Miasmata.
- Electromagnetic Repellant makes the middle of the arena off-limits.
- Spread out for all mechanics, as players will need to dodge in a tight space and then spread for a marked AoE.
- Order to Fire shoots line AoEs from the cannons, while No Future creates a ton of ground AoEs.
- Rotate around for Peacefire, and spread out for Order to Fire and AoEs.
- Get knocked back into a safe spot during Eclipsing Exhaust, or use a knockback prevention abilities.
- This boss will Prance around the room, leaving giant AoEs that explode in order. Move into the first one that explodes.
- Lifesbreath will summon butterflies that do a line AoE which inflicts Doom. They will fire in the direction indicated.
- Loving Embrace is a half-room cleave, indicated by the glowing wing. This will happen with Lifesbreath, so make sure to be on the correct side.
Quick Tips for Tanks
- Go at the pace of what your party can handle.
- Caustic Grebuloff's Pox Flail, Peacekeeper's Elimination, and Ra-la's Pity are the tank busters to watch out for.
- Quickly identify Ra-la's Prance spots to move the boss into the safe spot.
Quick Tips for Healers
- Caustic Grebuloff's Miasmata, Peacekeeper's Decimation, and Ra-la's Warm Glow are the raidwides to watch out for.
- If players are hit with Wave of Nausea on Caustic Grebuloff, they will be inflicted with Necrosis. This must be cleansed or the player will die.
- Top players up during Peacekeeper and save instants in case they get hit by a mechanic with an AoE marker.
- Ra-la's Warm Glow does a surprisingly high amount of damage. This will happen twice in a row, so make sure players are topped.
- Players hit by a Lifesbreath butterfly will be inflicted with Doom. They need to be healed to full health before the debuff expires.
Quick Tips for DPS
- Use AoE during trash pulls!
- Spread out to the sides during Peacekeeper and avoid your healer during Order to Fire and No Future.
- If you haven't already been doing so, start helping your healer mitigate raidwides with abilities like and .
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released
- On the Adjustments to Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage)
- FFXIV Patch 6.21 Notes
- All Worlds Maintenance, Sept 12