The Mothercrystal Quick Trial Tips and Guide
Welcome to our quick guide to the Mothercrystal, the second trial of Endwalker. This guide aims to be a quick primer for players entering the duty for the first time so they will know what to expect.
This guide serves as a quick primer for players experiencing the trial for the first time. It is aimed to be digestible quickly and targeted towards a specific role, so you can read it while in queue or loading in! For detailed explanations on boss mechanics, take a look at our main guide for the encounter.
- Dawn Mantle will change Hydaelyn's weapon and do a mechanic.
- A green staff will do a point-blank AoE around her.
- A red chakram will do a donut AoE.
- A white sword will do a cross-shaped AoE.
- Kill the crystals during the adds phase while doing mechanics.
- Hydaelyn's Ray is a proximity AoE down the center. Dodge this by moving to the sides.
- Crystallize adds a mechanic that happens immediately after Dawn
- Ice crystals will place an AoE over all players.
- Earth crystals will place a stack marker on a random player
- Dodge Parhelion and watch for the line AoEs that return.
- Parhelic Circle creates circles at the end of the lines, so move to an area where the lines do not go appear.
- Stack up for Echoes, then move into a safe spot for the Lightwaves, which slowly move across the arena.
Quick Tips for Tanks
- Position the boss in the middle to give ample room for mechanics.
- Mousa's Scorn is a tank buster that needs to be shared with both tanks.
- Heros's Sundering is a conal AoE tank buster.
Quick Tips for Healers
- Heros's Radiance and Magos's Radiance both deal raidwide damage.
- Dawn's Mantle does not do any damage if avoided, but Crystallize does. If players fail the former, they will likely die to the latter unless you save an instant heal.
- Echoes deals a large amount of damage. Use big healing cooldowns here.
Quick Tips for DPS
- Ranged should go out and melee stay close for spread mechanics to ensure there is ample space.
- Make sure you survive for the crystal phase, as it has a real DPS check. Use LB on the crystals if necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- FFXIV - Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo: How to Watch It Live Online!
- FFXIV - Hairstyle Contest Winners Announced! See The Amazing Designs Here!
- FFXIV - Get The Collectors Edition For Half The Price!
- FFXIV - Cloud Data Center Stress Test
- FFXIV - Fan Festival: Third Round of Merchandise Available for Pre-Order
- FFXIV - Endwalker EP5: A Mini-Album of Epic Music
- FFXIV - Callback Campaign: Invite Your Friends and Get Rewards