The Abyssal Fracture Trial Guide
Welcome to our guide to The Abyssal Fracture, the final trial of Endwalker. This guide aims to prepare players for the encounter so they will know what to expect, with simple mechanic instructions and notes on what to watch out for.
The Abyssal Fracture was released in Patch 6.5 in Endwalker. Players will do battle with Zeromus in the final story trial of Endwalker.
'Twas only when the Ascians' god was brought low, its remnants dispersed into aether, that Golbez could piece together his plan. In the red moon's answer to the Cradle of Darkness did he use that aether to birth the dread voidsent Zeromus, which, driven by Azdaja's longing to return home, is now poised to break the barrier between worlds. And so the Warrior of Light stands fast against the Darkness, a flickering beacon of hope. Should they fail, the Thirteenth's deliverance will prove the Source's destruction.
The Abyssal Fracture can be unlocked at level 90 during the main scenario quest "Dawn in the Dark." It is the trial players will encounter in the Endwalker Patch 6.5 main scenario and has an item level requirement of 625 to enter.
Zeromus, Insatiable Vessel Trial Guide
Phase One: Zeromus
You will fight only Zeromus in this trial. Players are able to fall off the arena, which is a square. Zeromus is a wall boss and therefore does not have any positional indicators.
- Abyssal Nox: This orb will explode and set all player's HP to 1, inflicting a Doom debuff that is removed when player HP is restored to full. The orb then lights up several beacons on the arena, doing a circle AoE on each.
- Sable Thread: A line AoE that must be shared. Deals multiple hits of magic damage.
- Visceral Whirl: Zeromus's claws slash across the arena, leaving two safe spots in the front and back of the arena.
- Dark Matter: A large AoE tank buster on the main tank. Pulses three times and deals heavy magic damage each hit.
- Flare: A tower that must be soaked, dealing moderate magic damage to players inside. This will leave behind a fireball that shoots out line AoEs.
- Nox: Targets a random player to be chased by a large AoE.
- Void Bio: Summons orbs at the front of the arena that slowly move towards the back.
- Be prepared to heal to full. Avoid being hit by the AoE afterwards, because if the Doom was not cleansed yet, you will have to heal or be healed further.
- Stack for the marker and move to a safe spot for Visceral Whirl afterwards. The tank then moves away for Dark Matter.
- Soak the tower, and then move to the other side of the arena. The player targeted by Nox should run towards the fireball once it explodes.
- Dodge the Void Bio orbs while moving to a safe spot for Visceral Whirl.
Phase Two: Zeromus
Zeromus will begin the second phase by casting Big Bang. Players must navigate their debuffs with reduced maximum HP.
- Big Bang: Summons many small ground AoEs. Deals moderate raidwide
magic damage, reduces all players' max HP, and inflicts players with debuffs.
- All players are inflicted with Acceleration Bomb and Divisive Dark. The former requires the player to stop all actions when the debuff expires. The latter is a marked AoE.
- One player is inflicted with Beckoning Dark, a stack marker.
- Meteor Impact: Zeromus summons a meteor in the middle of the arena and tethers all players to it. Players must stretch out the tether and avoid clipping each other as it inflicts a Blunt Resistance Down debuff. Tethers will destroy meteors it hits.
- Black Hole: Summons a black hole on an intercardinal, which expands to hit the entire arena except the opposite intercardinal. This will suck players in and instantly kill them if standing inside.
- Fractured Eventide: A line AoE from Zeromus that rotates in the direction indicated.
- Void Meteor: Summons meteors on the arena that do proximity damage. They will explode immediately if hit by Meteor Impact AoEs, and explode afterwards if not.
- Big Crunch: The same attack as Big Bang, but removes the maximum HP penalty debuff and inflicts Big Bounce, a DoT, to all players.
- Heal up after Big Bang. Move to the safe spot for Visceral Whirl and stop moving for the Acceleration Bomb debuff. Afterwards, stack for Beckoning Dark, and spread for Divisive Dark.
- Spread out for Meteor Impact and stretch out the tether by going to the edge of the arena.
- There will be another Dark Matter, and use extra mitigation as the tank's maximum HP is reduced.
- Stand on the safe side for Fractured Eventide, then rotate behind it to the opposite intercardinal of where the Black Hole spawned.
- Spread out and stretch the tether for Meteor Impact, but this time be sure not to hit any Void Meteors. Dodge the meteor explosion afterwards.
- Dodge the AoEs from Big Crunch. The fight then repeats mechanics from the beginning until the final phase.
Phase Three: Zeromus
Zeromus casts Rend the Rift, gaining new abilities, form, and music.
- Rend the Rift: Deals moderate raidwide magic damage. Afterwards and after every set of mechanics, Zeromus will summon many ground line AoEs and circle AoEs.
- Nostalgia: Waves of raidwide damage, starting with Bury which deals physical damage, Roar which deals magical damage, and finally Primal Roar, which deals magical damage.
- Flow of the Abyss: Creates a crack on the side of the arena which does a line AoE across. All players are marked with a prey which drops a ground AoE marker.
- Chasmic Nails: A series of conal AoEs from Zeromus which inflict a DoT if hit.
- Players must dodge the AoEs, then heal and mitigate through Nostalgia.
- Make sure to not be in the path of Flow of the Abyss, and drop AoEs together then move out to avoid cluttering the safe rows.
- Move into the first conal AoE to dodge the rest of them, as they never hit the same spot twice.
- This repeats until Zeromus is defeated.
- 04 Oct. 2023: Made adjustments to mechanic descriptions.
- 03 Oct. 2023: Guide added.
- 24 Sep. 2023: Page added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- FFXIV - Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo: How to Watch It Live Online!
- FFXIV - Hairstyle Contest Winners Announced! See The Amazing Designs Here!
- FFXIV - Get The Collectors Edition For Half The Price!
- FFXIV - Cloud Data Center Stress Test
- FFXIV - Fan Festival: Third Round of Merchandise Available for Pre-Order
- FFXIV - Endwalker EP5: A Mini-Album of Epic Music
- FFXIV - Callback Campaign: Invite Your Friends and Get Rewards