Damien

Minion Tempo Mage Standard

9 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Yogg Tempo Mage Standard deck.

Cutting edge technology is finally upon us!

As much as I loathe Yogg'Saron's very existence, there is simply nothing else for me to say other than "play this deck".

Powerful offensive capabilities? Check.

Reactive enough? Check.

Has a game against Zoo, Shaman and even Warrior? Check, check and check.

Also feats hilarious/frustrating free wins/losses that make our beloved game so exciting. (PJSalt)

For the sake of ladder diversity and your own game experience, play this deck. Or at least give it a try ;)

1 hour ago, Paracel said:

Cutting edge technology is finally upon us!

As much as I loathe Yogg'Saron's very existence, there is simply nothing else for me to say other than "play this deck".

Powerful offensive capabilities? Check.

Reactive enough? Check.

Has a game against Zoo, Shaman and even Warrior? Check, check and check.

Also feats hilarious/frustrating free wins/losses that make our beloved game so exciting. (PJSalt)

For the sake of ladder diversity and your own game experience, play this deck. Or at least give it a try ;)

Im actually getting a bit jealous watching everyone play this deck.

I vowed to never craft yogg since i thought he would never be an actual competitve card. Seems as i was wrong!

Praise our lord and savior Yogg Sarron !!!!!!!!

I only have 75 dust and I'm missing 1 arcane blast. Is it better if I substitute it for forbidden flame, forgotten torch, or polymorph? 

12 minutes ago, Guest ddrfr3akster said:

I only have 75 dust and I'm missing 1 arcane blast. Is it better if I substitute it for forbidden flame, forgotten torch, or polymorph? 

Polymorph against control, second Flamestrike against aggro.

It's an all-or-nothing deck. If you have manaworm from the start and your opponent cannot counter it, you have a decent chance to win. Otherwise it's a certain loss. All together, it's a very weak deck.

4 hours ago, Guest Red Lantern said:

It's an all-or-nothing deck. If you have manaworm from the start and your opponent cannot counter it, you have a decent chance to win. Otherwise it's a certain loss. All together, it's a very weak deck.

This was the first deck I tried after crafting Yogg-Saron, Hope's End 3 days ago, so I didn't even know how to play it properly, and yet I was able to get 19-14, which is, at least, acceptable. An important thing to know when playing tempo mage is resource management. Many players I face don't really care about it and just spam spells, but that causes them to run out of steam fairly quickly and lose. Try watching a few videos and see when players decide to keep their spells in hand and when they decide to play some spells.

6 hours ago, Guest Red Lantern said:

The key thing about this deck as positiv says is resource management. This is a tempo deck not an all in face deck.

When climbing the ranks you will notice a lot of experienced tempo mages holding on to their resources, often passing turn one and just hero powering turn 2, in order to have an explosive turn with Flamewaker which will get them back in the game. Knowing how to handle each matchup is crucial with this deck.

For example against a warrior, having just a Mirror Image on turn one can cancel all the value he can get from a Fiery War Axe and buy you enough time to get back in the game.

That knowledge only comes with experience, and as positiv said, watching pro players play the deck.

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      Various bosses from The Witchwood's Monster Hunt are ready to battle it out in this week's brand new Tavern Brawl.
      This is the first special Tavern Brawl that we will see during this year's Hallow's End.
      You just queue up and you get assigned a random boss from the Monster Hunt. Some of these bosses include:
      Azalina Soulthief (Hero Power: 2 mana - Summon three 1/1 Wisps) Blood Witch Greta (Passive Hero Power: Spells cost Health instead of Mana) Brushwood Centurion (Hero Power: 3 mana - All minions attack random enemy minions) Chupacabran (Hero Power: 1 mana - Give a friendly minion +1/+1 and Lifesteal) Plaguemaster Rancel (Hero Power: 2 mana - Deal 2 damage to a minion. If it survives, give it Poisonous) Shudderwock (Passive Hero Power - All Battlecries trigger twice) Winslow Tobtock (Hero Power: 2 mana - Each player shuffles their hand into their decks and draws that many cards) Wharrgarbl (Hero Power: 2 mana - Draw 3 Murlocs from your deck) Experiment 3C (Hero Power: 1 mana - Destroy a friendly minion and draw 3 cards) It's not sure how many bosses there are available, but they certainly have similar decks as during the PvE adventure. It might be worth checking our Monster Hunt guide to refresh your memory on some of their abilities or just experience them in action!

• By Zadina
      Hallow's End is going to last from October 17 until October 31.
      As we've already discussed, you can log in to enjoy the spooky festivities and receive a free Golden Witch's Cauldron.
      You will also get a free Arena entry ticket in order to test your mettle in the Dual Class Arena. Pick a Hero, choose the Hero Power of a second Hero and try to make the perfect mix with the combined might of both Heroes' class cards.
      We'll have two Tavern Brawls during Hallow's end: Monster Smash (October 17-22) and The Headless Horseman Rides Again (October 24 - 29)!
      Lastly, for a limited time you can purchase the new Paladin hero, Sir Annoy-o, as a Bundle along with 20 Witchwood packs at the price of $19.99 or 19.99 EUR. This mighty new hero even has his own backstory which you can read here.
      Later today, we should also see the balance changes go live.
    • By Zadina
      The update will take effect on October 18.
      Well, the balance changes were smaller than expected as only three cards were affected this time.
      As expected, Giggling Inventor was affected as it now costs 7 mana, up from 5. The team actually considered it too powerful for 6 mana, which raises the question why it was 5 mana in the first place. Anyway, it still remains an odd card if this is still relevant.

Now, a big and unexpected change was Mana Wyrm being raised to 2 mana. The iconic Classic minion has undergone the Tunnel Trogg treatment and after 4+ years of power, it is ready to retire.

And a Wild change to alleviate the devastating Druid combo: Aviana will now cost 10 mana. This means she can't be played at the same turn as Kun the Forgotten King and Juicy Psychmelon won't be able to draw both Kun the Forgotten King and Aviana with it.

The update will go live on October 18th with the weekly reset. What do you guys think about the changes?
    • By Zadina
      The rewards on Hearthstone for purchasing a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket have been revealed.
      You will receive a very elegant card back and 2 packs from each of the following expansions: Classic, The Witchwood, Kobolds & Catacombs, Knights of the Frozen Throne and Journey to Un'Goro.
      You can purchase the virtual ticket for this year's BlizzCon here.
    • By Zadina
      Bosses from various Hearthstone adventure battle it out in this week's Tavern Brawl.
      This is the second time we see Boss Battle Royale 2, which itself is a variation of the original Tavern Brawl. This time, we have a new Druid hero and the Warlock hero Sindragosa has been slightly nerfed.
      You pick a class and then you get a specific boss hero, which has its special hero power and a predetermined deck:
      Druid: King Togwaggle (Magic Candle: 3 mana - Find a Treasure) Hunter: Skelesaurus Hex (Ancient Power: 0 mana - Give each player a random cards. It costs 0) Mage: The Curator (Gallery Protection: Passive - Your Hero has Taunt) Paladin: White King (Castle: 2 mana - Discover a chess piece) Priest: Professor Putricide (Mad Science: Passive - All Secrets cost 0) Shaman: Lady Naz'jar (Pearl of the Tides: At the end of your turn, replace all minions with new ones that cost 1 more) Rogue: Grobbulus (Poison Cloud: 2 mana - Deal 1 damage to all minions. If any die, summon a slime) Warlock: Sindragosa (Ice Claw: 2 mana - Do 2 damage. There will be 2 Blocks of Ice on your opponent's side of the board at the beginning of the game) Warrior: Coren Direbrew (Pile On!: 0 mana - Put a minion from each deck into the battlefield) Sindragosa is pretty powerful. Lady Naz'jar, Coren Direbrew and Skelesaurus Hex have random effects that can benefit your opponent - Lady Naz'jar seem to have more success than the other two. Grobbulus can work too, if you play smartly.
      Good luck!