Zadina

Hearthstone Expansion Announcement Next Week

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

PEWUIT0YU9EM1498694528323.jpg

Hearthstone's next expansion will be announced on July 7 (July 6 for the Americas).

Right before the beginning of the Spring Championship finals, the Hearthstone team will make a special announcement about the upcoming expansion. Rumour has it that this expansion will be Lich King-themed.

You can watch the announcement, as well as the Championship, on the official Hearthstone Twitch channel. Europeans have to tune in on Friday, July 7 at the ungodly hour of 4:00 am CEST (the finals are taking place at Shanghai, China). Players at the Americas are slightly luckier, since the stream will begin on Thursday, July 6 at 7:00 pm PDT.

• Like 1

I'd say it'll hit begin August.

I'm actually surprised it didn't hit for the beginning of the vacations.

• Like 1

I'm already frothing at the mouth with anticipation, things im calling now that im probably wrong about because i'm always wrong

expansion name: Return of the lich king

New card hero class: Death Knight

Some new board based mechanic for new cards in set something like area damage

new legendary cards: lich king, bolvar, sindragosa, tirion

hopefully new adventure mode with it, scale ICC in card version, can already imagine 4-5 wings.

so place bets, how many things did i get wrong? :D

8 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

lich king, bolvar, sindragosa, tirion

Ah yes, after Bolvar Fordragon, we will be getting Bolvar Fromdinosaur, and after Tirion Fordring, we will get Tirion Bentleybracelet. Jokes aside, some "reworked" cards might arrive indeed, similar to Elise Starseeker/Elise the Trailblazer.

13 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

so place bets, how many things did i get wrong? :D

My guess is that it will differ in all but one item (a new board mechanic sounds reasonable). If you get more than a half right, I will buy you some packs :P

1 minute ago, positiv2 said:

My guess is that it will differ in all but one item (a new board mechanic sounds reasonable). If you get more than a half right, I will buy you some packs :P

I'm viewing it kind of like those lottery scratch off cards, I was struct with initial excitement but then realized the odds of me being correct, but hey, you can't win the lottery if you don't play :D 

i'm going to be incredibly salty though if we get something completely out of left field, like a vashj'ir themed expac or something XD

• Like 1

I want undead tribal tag and interesting undead synergy cards. I was so disappointed with elementals...

And few bad taunts for paladin, please.

I think we could get undead tribal, that would be cool! Also guessing Darion Mograine will be there in addition to the ones already mentioned... Some Argent dawn/crusade themed cards of course! I really hope they make Putricide a legendary aswell and give him Farnsworth voice-over again :D