L0rinda

Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveals: Abominable Bowman and Fatespinner

10 posts in this topic

2JYSqSm.png

The twenty-third and twenty-fourth cards have been revealed. Both are Epic minions, one for Hunter and one for Druid.

At seven Mana, Stitches Archer, or Abominable Bowman Archer has to compete with Volcanosaur for the slot. It also seems that Savannah Highmane does the same thing more reliably.

636367502670079228.png

(Source: Hearthpwn)

That being said, there are plenty of Deathrattle options available for N'Zoth, the Corruptor to bring back in Hunter now, and if a slow enough deck can be made to work, this would be a great fit in such a deck.

Fatespinner

Fatespinner introduces a new mechanic, which should add an element of intrigue to the game. The lack of disguised information has been a complaint of many players since the dawn of Hearthstone. Fatespinner takes a first step into that world, and if successful as a mechanic, it should add a new layer of complexity and bluff to the game.

636367433118393211.png

(Image is a courtesy of Hearthpwn)

As for the card itself, it has poor stats for its Mana cost, and seems to not have the greatest of effects. However, this is Druid we are talking about, and Druid having the ability to deal 3 damage to all minions, albeit slowly, should not be treated lightly. Sherazin, Corpse Flower was underrated by reviewers in the previous set, and is somewhat similar in that it was hard to assess how much value would be gained from its ability. I feel that this card might see play for the first Deathrattle ability, but more importantly, the very existence of a new secret mechanic should be good for the game as the design team explore it further.

For a full list of previously revealed cards, as well as all of the information about the new expansion, check out our expansion hub.

2 hours ago, Dustintime said:

what would be the point of them both going off, it would almost cancel the effects out

Not really. If everything gets +2/+2 and then 3 damage is dealt, nothing will die.

Fatespinner seems okay, a 3 damage board clear in druid is pretty strong, I just don't know if it will really fit into any current deck, like what would jade druid or ramp druid cut to play this?  Jungle Giant druid might play this, but that deck still won't be viable.

The Bowman seems. . . strong.  It should have an expected value comparable to that of a highmane +1 mana, which means it should be very strong.  Especially if a slower version of hunter comes into play that cuts a lot of the 1 drops.  Not sure if this will be a 2 of in every deck, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a common 1 of inclusion as a top of the curve threat.  Also possibly the card that makes N'zoth hunter viable, doubtful though, but the shear amount of value it gives might just be enough to not care about your poor match up vs aggro.

54 minutes ago, VaraTreledees said:

The Bowman seems. . . strong.  It should have an expected value comparable to that of a highmane +1 mana, which means it should be very strong.  Especially if a slower version of hunter comes into play that cuts a lot of the 1 drops.  Not sure if this will be a 2 of in every deck, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a common 1 of inclusion as a top of the curve threat.  Also possibly the card that makes N'zoth hunter viable, doubtful though, but the shear amount of value it gives might just be enough to not care about your poor match up vs aggro.

If Hunter gets another Quick Shot, or something of the sorts, or better AOE I could definitely see a control archetype crawling out. Maybe Deathstalker Rexxar is a step towards pushing the deck? 

14 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Is it known whether the deathrattle will trigger after being resummoned by N'Zoth, the Corruptor? My guess is that it will not trigger (based on Moat Lurker), but since this is a new mechanic (sort of), I am not sure.

Moat Lurker doesn't due to the fact that the resummoned one doesn't get it's battlecry off when it's put back on the board while Stitches with a Bow just resummons one that had died this game so he would still get his effect if he himself is brought back. Treat him pretty much like any other deathrattle minion. 

1 hour ago, KingMe said:

Moat Lurker doesn't due to the fact that the resummoned one doesn't get it's battlecry off when it's put back on the board while Stitches with a Bow just resummons one that had died this game so he would still get his effect if he himself is brought back. Treat him pretty much like any other deathrattle minion. 

Oops, I did not specify that I was talking about Fatespinner.

17 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Is it known whether Fatespinner's deathrattle will trigger after being resummoned by N'Zoth, the Corruptor? My guess is that it will not trigger (based on Moat Lurker), but since this is a new mechanic (sort of), I am not sure.

I am reasonably sure that Fatespinner won't be resummoned by N'Zoth, the Corruptor

It gains deathrattle after being played just like Unearthed Raptor. I don't think that choose one and battlecry work differently in this case.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 2:58 AM, Strongpoint said:

I am reasonably sure that Fatespinner won't be resummoned by N'Zoth, the Corruptor

It gains deathrattle after being played just like Unearthed Raptor. I don't think that choose one and battlecry work differently in this case.

Fair point on that, actually. Forgot about Raptor/N'zoth interaction!