FORUMS
Stan

Desperate Stand Reveal: Knights of the Frozen Throne

qU4h4Jg.jpg

A new rare Palaladin card has been revealed by PromoArenaTV.

For more details about the upcoming expansion, feel free to check out our Knights of the Frozen Throne guide.

Paladin's Desperate Stand

636372995503800475.png

(Image is a courtesy of Hearthpwn)

8 hours ago, Laragon said:

so... Redemption but for 1 mana more you make SURE it gets the minion you want and also can be used in some goofy anti-synergy of enemy minions. Seems good.

Can be silenced now, though.

Interesting, probably going to be pretty good in divine shield paladin if that ever becomes a thing, possibly in quest paladin as well.  Has some nice synergy with spikeridge and tirion, but I am not sure if it is universally useful enough to be included in the more midrangy or controly type of paladin decks when you can just grab value secrets from your murloc.

Edited by VaraTreledees

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Can be silenced now, though.

From experience, Eater of Secrets is more common as a tech choice in constructed than silence effects. Desperate Stand might actually be more consistent even from this point.

23 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

From experience, Eater of Secrets is more common as a tech choice in constructed than silence effects. Desperate Stand might actually be more consistent even from this point.

This is true but something to consider; with all of the deathrattles coming out in this set silence might make a comeback.

16 minutes ago, KingMe said:

This is true but something to consider; with all of the deathrattles coming out in this set silence might make a comeback.

But also the destroy 1-cost cards thing is coming, so that will negatively affect paladin secrets, including Redemption. It will be all about what becomes (or stays) strong, and currently I do not see deathrattle cards becoming as common as they used to be in Naxx era (or pre-Kraken).

On 8/4/2017 at 0:24 AM, KingMe said:

Well I'm going to be hanging out with Ironbeak Owl and Spellbreaker just in case. 

Yeah, I'll definitely be looking to include a Spellbreaker in there somewhere at the start of the release. So many of the card releases seem to have people discussing so many N'zoth decks and such, so maybe it'll be worth it. If not, I'll just rotate it out.