Zadina

Tavern Brawl: A Frozen Recipe

Sign in to follow this  

14 posts in this topic

DJoqwW7VwAAmHBu.jpg

A new Brawl has landed in the Tavern.

Just like with the previous expansions, it's time to try out the deck recipes of Knights of the Frozen Throne in this week's Tavern Brawl. The archetypes for each deck recipe are the following:

• Druid: I guess the best name for this deck is Midrange Druid. It has Ultimate Infestation and Spreading Plague, so... PROFIT?!
  • Deathrattle Hunter
  • Elemental Mage
  • Divine Shield Paladin
  • Control Priest (you've probably seen variations of it in ladder)
  • Jade Deathrattle Rogue
  • Freeze Shaman
  • Zoolock
  • Control Warrior with Enrage minions

This is a good opportunity to try out cards that you don't own. Good luck and have fun!

I realy like those brawls, they give you a great option to try some decks.

It would be perfect if you could see a decklist, it would give you a better sense of which synergies the decks have though.

I tried the Priest a few times and it was fun to play. But from my 3 games I played I got the feeling the Highlander Priest with minions like Ysera + The Lich King + Raza the Chained and others is way stronger.

It is nice that I got a feeling how control priest plays. I always wanted to play it but never had a deck for it.  And I'll definitly take a look at Elemental Mage too. I had some ladder games againt it and it is a realy good deck.

Thx for the opportunity Blizzard!

• Like 1

This rogue deck is making my rogue dominance quest pretty easy so far. Warrior, priest and warlock all very easily beaten. Pretty fun deck to play too!

3 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

It is nice that I got a feeling how control priest plays. I always wanted to play it but never had a deck for it.

It is SUCH an expensive deck. I love having it, but my word is it brutal to try and build without heaps of packs or dust.

It's nothing new. Decks became very expensive. Just look at the Paladin Handbuff deck here. more legend legend legend ... hard to see the common, rare or epic cards there. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2017 at 8:50 PM, Caldyrvan said:

It's nothing new. Decks became very expensive. Just look at the Paladin Handbuff deck here. more legend legend legend ... hard to see the common, rare or epic cards there. 

As soon as the meta shows any signs of slowing down, it absolutely destroys the chances of cheap decks. It's still possible for sure, but it's 10x harder.

• Like 2

Well, this time next year we will have 5 or 6 active expansions ln standard, I have no idea how newer players can keep up unless they spend tons of money.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

This is why I play -almost- only wild. In wild the money I spent for my Mal'Ganis, Dr Boom, Kel'Thuzad, Reno Jackson, Thaurissan, still values.

You know, I have spent money in this game, a lot. What scares me is how much money I should still pay to keep up! At least in wild I don't have to keep up from zero like after a rotation...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Synesthesy said:

This is why I play -almost- only wild. In wild the money I spent for my Mal'Ganis, Dr Boom, Kel'Thuzad, Reno Jackson, Thaurissan, still values.

It seems like that's what more and more people will just have to end up doing.

I don't think hearthstone is expensive to be competitive compared to some other games tbh. I think you just have to be disciplined with your dust. If you play a fair bit it's not unreasonable to get 75-100 gold a day from missions&wins. I had 8k gold saved up from between ungoro and kft (I did make some profit from arena during the +1 win spell but probably less than 1k, the rest just from normal play). With the pre-purchase packs too that would've been enough to play pretty much any meta deck (in the end I blew a load of dust on wild stuff for the Lich King so I'm still missing some kft stuff but hey). But even without the prepurchase packs you'll have enough to craft some meta decks, and you don't need to have every deck...

Edited by Bozonik

3 hours ago, Bozonik said:

I don't think hearthstone is expensive to be competitive compared to some other games tbh. I think you just have to be disciplined with your dust. If you play a fair bit it's not unreasonable to get 75-100 gold a day from missions&wins. I had 8k gold saved up from between ungoro and kft (I did make some profit from arena during the +1 win spell but probably less than 1k, the rest just from normal play).

How much would you say you played to reach that point, just out of interest?

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

How much would you say you played to reach that point, just out of interest?

I joined a little over a year ago, probably play a couple of hours a day on average. Sometimes more, but sometimes just do the daily mission.

Not saying it's easy, but the game does offer two ways to stay competitive - if you don't play much you can just buy the packs, but if you play a lot you don't need to spend so much.

• Like 1

I am not really interested in wild because it's well too wild :D and there are a lot of older cards I don't like, I was so so happy when Reno Jackson left standard.

The price per pack from the pre-order is a bit cheaper than buying packs normal but it's barely enough to get the crucial cards from a new expansion. If they keep releasing expansions like this they should make it a bit easier to get your hands on gold or they should consider a pay related matchmaking (I know sad to have such a thought), otherwise newer players and those who can't spent much money will have less and less fun.

As I said before, they provide a good game and they should earn money for their work but how it goes atm is not pleasing me.

Edited by Caldyrvan

On 9/17/2017 at 8:21 PM, Bozonik said:

I joined a little over a year ago, probably play a couple of hours a day on average. Sometimes more, but sometimes just do the daily mission.

Not saying it's easy, but the game does offer two ways to stay competitive - if you don't play much you can just buy the packs, but if you play a lot you don't need to spend so much.

Yeah, it's a choice you have to make, I guess. You have to dedicate time or money, essentially.