Zadina

Zola the Gorgon Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs

Sign in to follow this  

12 posts in this topic

LDGwZ9p.jpg

The third Kobolds & Catacombs card reveal for today is Zola the Gorgon, a neutral Legendary minion.

Popular Hearthstone personality Jeffrey "Trump" Shih revealed this card on his YouTube channel. Zola the Gorgon is a 3-mana 2/2 with the Battlecry: "Choose a friendly minion. Add a Golden copy of it to your hand."

According to the schedule, there was supposed to be another card reveal before the one from Trump, but so far we've seen nothing. At this rate, it's not sure if four or five cards are going to be revealed today. Keep checking our news forum and our Kobolds & Catacombs hub for more new cards!

I think that it will be golden is just a gimmick but the card effect looks nice. It's weaker in stats than Shadowcaster but cheaper too and does add full copy to your hand not a 1/1. With being a neutral minion there is a lot of potential to abuse it. But the minion should really be worth it, playing a 3 mana 2/2 minion is nothing you really want to do.

/edit: I am still not impressed by any card revealed so far.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Is this the Voraxx of Kobolds and Catacombs? K&C reveals are rather disappointing so far.

I think this card is rather good, for N'Zoth decks or jade decks.

it actually looks really good. any deck that has high value minions would love this as long as they can deal with a small tempo loss. that would mean any control deck, any n'zoth deck, and a bunch of combo and midrange decks. even some tempo decks may run this to recycle high value minions. I can definitely see tempo rogue loving this if they get stuck in later games. Turn 8 they can recycle vilespine slayer and play it on the same turn, earlier they can afford to use it on a threatening minion and still be able to deal with a bigger minion later.

Edited by nrotter2468

There are a lot of minions across all classes and neutral who might be really worth to copy. For non rogues Kaleseth comes to mind. And copying cards that give more value, like discover minions, can be very strong.

5 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

I think this card is rather good, for N'Zoth decks or jade decks.

Since Jade druid probably doesn't care about one extra jade, jade shaman doesn't really exist and one card isn't going to change that, and Shadowcasters are on the edge of playability, while being better imo, I don't think it will be played in jade much. As for N'Zoth, the Corruptor, if your opponent has been able to deal with your board sufficiently to make you need Zoth #2, Zoth is usually dead, too.

1 hour ago, Caldyrvan said:

I think that it will be golden is just a gimmick but the card effect looks nice. It's weaker in stats than Shadowcaster but cheaper too and does add full copy to your hand not a 1/1. With being a neutral minion there is a lot of potential to abuse it. But the minion should really be worth it, playing a 3 mana 2/2 minion is nothing you really want to do.

/edit: I am still not impressed by any card revealed so far.

it's golden because she's a gorgon ;)

The card has a variety of uses and is a better brewmaster since it not return something but add a new copy to the hand leaving the old one on the field.

The fact of being golden is obviously because is a gorgon not for practical uses.

If used on a battlecry minion is a better brewmaster (not stat wise but board wise)

If used on a deathrattle minion it duplicate the deathrattle meaning it's a brewamaster for DR

If used on a legendary it duplicates the legendary meaning you have 2 copies of the same legendary that you woldn't normally have.

It can be returned to hand itlself after being played since it doesn't transform itself like the faceless so can be used again on something else or even on the same card if that is still in play.