Aleco

Ixlid, Fungal Lord Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

CFtGPnV.jpg

The Legendary Druid minion has a powerful text box, but does that make up for its lackluster stats?

The Legendary Druid minion was revealed today by Chinese streamer Master Wang. Like most Legendary Druid minions, it has a very exciting text box and some over-costed stats.

ixlidfungalaronicard.png

Image courtesy of Hearthpwn

The first Elemental Druid card, Ixlid seems ideal in a ramp deck where he can copy big, nasty minions. He won't be played for his lowly 2/4 stats, which means that his ability needs to be quite powerful to earn a spot in your deck. On first glance his ability seems a bit "win-more" for my tastes, but it's not very difficult for to imagine a number of scenarios where this card can completely take over the game if left unchecked. He curves excellently into Aya Blackpaw and Cairne Bloodhoof, if Druid gets a few more Deathrattle minions in K&C then perhaps he could fit well into a N'Zoth, the Corruptor deck.

What kinds of decks do you see Ixlid fitting into? Let us know what you think about him in the comment section, and check out our Kobolds and Catacombs hub for more information on the upcoming set.

It's pretty bad... You need to play it at 10 mana and have some innervates or have it survive a turn, which is highly unlikely with those stats. But druids are doing fine, no need for another good legendary. I just hope I don't open one.

17 minutes ago, Aleco said:

On first glance his ability seems a bit "win-more" for my tastes, ...

This. When you start to throw your big guys on the board you are most likely in a good a enough position already.

Otherwise it looks like play & pray. Meaning you play it and then you pray that your low health high priority minion survives one or two turns to give you insane value. Even though they are completely different minions it somehow reminds me of Vicious Fledgling. Of course there are sometimes lucky games where your opponent doesn't have a removal, you get windfury on its first attack and snowball your enemy to death. But overall it's a bad pick for most well constructed decks.

Looks like they continue with their course of putting a lot of high rarity rubbish into the expansions.

Edited by Caldyrvan

Play this, use the Last charge of your wweapon, get some mana, put Yshaarj on board and profit. This is the only use I can think of.

You can just play it on Turn 5 and hope they dont have removal, but thats not too likely. 

• Like 1

I feel it'd see a lot more play if innervate was still 2 mana. I'm sure it won't be horrible, but I don't see it being meta defining like some of druid's cards

4 health is just too fragile.  Potential for some hilarity, you can hide it behind a wall of taunts, play it at 10 for some pretty disgusting things, like Fandral Staghelm + Jade Idol, or put it in your Useless Dinosaur deck.  But really, why do you need that sort of chicanery, when you can just play Value the Card and then proceed to vomit forth a string of ever increasingly large jades or just a bunch of large creatures.

Agree with everything so far...

Should be fun, Won't be competitive enough to be played in ideal decks.

In addition to alternatives already mentioned, Carnivorous Cube is a more viable way to replicate minions, WITHOUT being 100% useless if your combo fails.

Pretty sure there will be some crazy combos with that card, but yeah, it does not look all that good. It can be easily hidden behind taunts as it duplicates them, so it should be easier to keep it alive, but as said previously, it dies to nearly any damaging spell. I hope that druid will get a nice legendary next expansion, as Fandral Staghelm will be rotating out.