FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Deadly Arsenal Reveal: The Witchwood

36606-vex-crow-reveal-the-witchwood.jpg

Warrior gets its own version of Dragon's Fury!

This card was revealed by Ek0p on YouTube. The video is in German, but there are English subtitles. He also makes an April Fool's joke on the first half of the video, so it's worth watching!

c6602dbb290d7900829c4b2283fbfd81.png

Screencap from the video

As already stated, Deadly Arsenal is very similar to Dragon's Fury. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't seem to be on the same power level as the Mage spell. The extra mana cost is bad, because it's also an even number and it ruins the possibility of perhaps running an Odd Control Warrior with Arcanite Reaper and Gorehowl. Most Control lists currently run Blood Razor, which would be a pretty bad outcome too. The newly revealed Warrior weapon, Woodcutter's Axe, also doesn't work well with this spell. Warrior will lose Sleep with the Fishes with the rotation, but I don't think Deadly Arsenal is an adequate replacement as a board clear.

Am I underestimating this card? Feel free to contradict me (if you dare, mwahaha) in the comment section below! As always, I am also going to point you towards our Witchwood hub for everything you need to know about the new expansion.

With sleep with the fishes gone blood razor loses a lot of value, if warrior would get a new really good high cost weapon this could be playable. Then again, brawl is already a card and not sure why this would be played over brawl especially considering theres so many lategame high health minions in this meta that will get nuked by brawl but dont get nuked by deadly arsenal.

59 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

I don't follow this logic.

Same here, because it reads weapons attack, not mana cost ;)

I don't know if there will suddenly pop up something else in the expansion that makes sense, but introducing a pretty nice weapon that has low attack along with and epic spell that benefits from high attack. Are they really starting to just throw in cards mindlessly because we buy it anyway?

Edited by Caldyrvan

Nope..I'm sure now..warrior is dead once more...well,dragon fury fits well with big spell deck which you usually get +5cost(up to 10) spell and deal +5dmg(up to 10) with it..but with this...you will just need to play weapon warrior and weapons aren't good as big spells are.. so weapon warrior isn't good itself and it even gets worse if you put this in the deck too...so Brawl is still the favorite card.. I still look at warrior's cards and it seems warriors should go  in *pain to gain*way just like as deathe knight patch..

52 minutes ago, MZLICH said:

Nope..I'm sure now..warrior is dead once more...well,dragon fury fits well with big spell deck which you usually get +5cost(up to 10) spell and deal +5dmg(up to 10) with it..but with this...you will just need to play weapon warrior and weapons aren't good as big spells are.. so weapon warrior isn't good itself and it even gets worse if you put this in the deck too...so Brawl is still the favorite card.. I still look at warrior's cards and it seems warriors should go  in *pain to gain*way just like as deathe knight patch..

You should probably wait for the standard rotation and for every new card to come out before claiming anything of the sort. Most new cards point at board control and combat becoming more important in the near future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oxygen said:

You should probably wait for the standard rotation and for every new card to come out before claiming anything of the sort. Most new cards point at board control and combat becoming more important in the near future.

Well, we already know that KC cards aren't good so if even warrior get good cards this time,it will take long time for them to pick up the mess they made with warrior or shaman since pervious patches .. you know, you just make a deck from all of avaliable cards and for warrior we got irrelevant cards on every patch(one time all about taking dmg,other time about armor) since few updates ago while some like warlocks grew because they got nice mix of avaliable cards for their decks..