FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Crystalsmith Kangor Card Reveal

nmr6q13.png

Crystalsmith Kangor does an awful lot for just 2 Mana. Could he be the new Wickerflame Burnbristle?

We have a brand new Legendary Paladin minion to show you from The Boomsday Project:

636682680715221806.png

What an exciting card! I'm a big fan of doubling effects in Hearthstone, as cards that double things have a tendency to be a part of sweet combos. This is the kind of effect you might expect from a card with a high Mana cost (such as Prophet Velen), but Crystalsmith Kangor clocks in at just 2 Mana. His stats and keywords are also shockingly relevant when you take into account his low Mana cost and powerful effect, which leads me to believe that he'll be a playable card. His Lifesteal and Divine Shield make him fit well with Corpsetaker, and he can also be drawn by Countess Ashmore. If Control Paladin becomes a thing again, Kangor into Lay on Hands on turn 10 seems like a great way to stabilize your life total while getting ahead on cards.

As things stand, I don't think there are any healing cards which will make Crystalsmith Kangor a "busted" card in Standard. We still have plenty of more card reveals to go though, and there's always a chance that The Boomsday Project will bring us more goodies for this powerful new 2 drop!

Wow! And it also got a pretty cool artwork.

I hope to see more control paladin decks in the future. If so, this will definitely be part of it.

For now, it is at least a good option for Quest-Paladin.

Meh. They printed support cards like Benevolent Djinn and The Glass Knight for Control Pala in previous expansions and the archetype never really stuck. Aggro Paladin will always be the way unless they kill all of its cards and for now Odd Paladin still looks like a strong option.

Works well with corpse taker, even at face value (a 2 mana 1/2 with divine shield and super lifesteal) this card is still great.  If they have to trade into it, that is already 4 life.  If you get 1 attack in, that is 6 life.  That is great.  If aggro is a thing this expansion, this card will see play, lots of it.  If not, this card might still see play as a solid corpse taker enabler that has the possibility to gain you lots of health later in the game.