FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Prismatic Lens Card Reveal

38722-the-boomsday-project-card-reveal-r

An Epic Paladin spell, Prismatic Lens has an exciting effect which we have never seen before.

We have an exciting new Paladin spell to show you from The Boomsday Project!

july31-04-prismaticlenscard23t6qywesh.pn

Seriously, how cool is this effect? The fact that this card is guaranteed to draw one Minion and one Spell means that you can build your deck in creative ways to take advantage of the "Swap their Costs" clause. A deck filled with cheap spells and expensive minions makes Prismatic Lens a card draw spell and a ramp spell for cheap Lich Kings and Tirion Fordrings, or you could attempt the reverse in an aggro deck to power out cheap Dinosizes. You could also ignore the "Swap their Costs" clause and simply play this in a controlling Paladin deck as a value card, which seems to me like the smartest thing to do with Prismatic Lens.

Where do you see Prismatic Lens fitting in to the meta? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers!

This card is very hard to evaluate, and play correctly., One way to do is, go for cheap spells, play Tirion FordringThe Lich KingLynessa Sunsorrow and etc. So, something like big paladin. I think the way to go for it is secrets, cheap buffs, weapons, a bunch of big minions, and probably Uther of the Ebon Blade. Though paladin secrets are weak by themselves, they might be good if played together.

This card seems pretty meh to me.  I think it is far too unreliable to try to build around.  If you play it as a 4 mana draw 2 with occasional upside, it might see play in control paladin, but the lack of a good win condition still makes that very hard (playing control paladin that is).