FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Ny'alotha Leather Raid Sets Preview

It looks like a cloth caster set. And as much as I like wearing a dress as a druid, this just doesn't work for me with its theme.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ffdream6915 said:

So my thief will be wearing a dress ? I guess I'll keep my transmog

It seems they went with a robe this time around for Leather wearers.

I like most of it, for a clothie, but the helm just looks awful... what's with the tentacle? below the neck... mythic looks worse with the extra teeth. It's like they asked a 10yo what they want or think of when you look at an old god...

I get it that it's suppose to based on an Old God theme but this doesn't scream Demon Hunter for me or any other class.  Even if you just took pieces and try to splice it with different xmog items it just looks awful.  Unfortunately imo most of the Raid sets for Leather from this Expansion have been rather horrid the only exception were some of the Warfront and PvP based gear from last season.

If they were to redesign this I would strip the tentacles, eye and teeth from the set.  Picked different color combinations, have a pants option, along with making the appearance more resemble an Assassin or Ninja but with runic features but redefining the pieces to actually appear to be as leather.  Hood can resemble more like the half hood from the Antorus Raid for DH where you only see the mouth and nose of the character not the eyes or brow.  Remove the fin features from the gloves and shoulders and either replace with a magic ghostly chain (similar from the cutscenes from EP raid) or show ghost like tentacles wrapping down the arms and hands that appear occasionally every few seconds.  But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      All races can become Death Knights in Visions of N'Zoth and this is the second time Blizzard updated their eye glow on 8.3 PTR.

On the left side, we have the latest eye glow as of 8.3 PTR Build 32593. You can see the first update to the eye glow on 8.3 PTR in the middle. The live 8.2.5 version is found on the right.
      Kudos to Redditor Malevolent_Vengeance for the screenshot.
    • By Stan
      Blizzard posted a list of known issues in the latest Visions of N'Zoth PTR build. These include eyeball issues, Vulpera missing ear options, male Mechagnomes missing a hairstyle, and more. All the listed bugs will be fixed in a future PTR update.
      Blizzard (Source)
      We have some known issues in the latest build of the Visions of N’Zoth PTR that we’d like to highlight:
      Appearances
      Eyeball Issues – A bug with eyes in several models is being addressed. Noticeably, Night Elves with the ‘Night Warrior’ look don’t have the correct eyes on the PTR. Vulpera Missing Ear Options – Specifically the Female Vulpera. Male Mechagnome is missing a hairstyle. Allied Race Intros
      During the Allied Race introduction sequences, players will lose their cursors. The Mechagnome intro will stop on a blank screen. NPCs
      Zidormi is placed inside Shrine of the Two Moons – This means that level 120 Alliance players who access the updated Vale of Eternal Blossoms via the main Visions of N’Zoth questline will be phased into hostile Horde territory. All of the above will be fixed in a future build of the Visions of N’Zoth PTR.
    • By Stan
      In this week's 8.3 PTR build, Blizzard increased the loot from the last two bosses in Ny'alotha, the Waking City raid by 10 item levels.
      Carapace of N'Zoth and N'Zoth the Corruptor now drop better loot than the rest of the bosses found in the new raid.

The correct item level ranges for the raid based on difficulty are as follows:
      Difficulty Item Level Raid Finder (LFR) 430-440 Normal 445-455 Heroic 460-470 Mythic 475-485 Based on our recent preview of changes coming in Mythic Season 4, this means that a Mythic Keystone 15 run will yield a maximum item level 475 reward in the weekly cache, and defeating Carapace and N'Zoth will reward better loot.
      Check out our Patch 8.3 Hub to learn more about the new raid!
    • By Stan
      The Vulpera Survival Kit racial was removed on 8.3 PTR in favor of Alpaca Saddlebags which increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.
      Updated Vulpera Racials
      Bag of Tricks - Pull your chosen trick from the bag and use it on target enemy or ally. Enemies take [ Greater of {180% of Spell Power} or {180% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] damage, while allies are healed for [ Greater of {270% of Spell Power} or {270% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ].
      Rummage Your Bag - Change the contents of your Bag of Tricks. Now where did you put that...? [NYI]
      Make Camp - Make a camp at this location. Can only be used outdoors.
      When your camp is set up, you can click on the Caravaneer's Pack to pack or unpack the canopy on your Caravan Hyena mount.

Return to Camp - Return to your camp.
      Alpaca Saddlebags (new) - Increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.
      Fire Resistance - Reduces Fire damage taken by 1%.
      Languages - Orcish, Vulpera.
      Nose For Trouble - When you first take damage from an enemy, reduce that damage by 5% of your maximum health.
      Check out our Patch 8.3 Hub to learn more about Visions of N'Zoth!
    • By Stan
      Visions of N'Zoth will go live early next year and with Mythic Season 4, the loot from dungeons will go up by 30 item levels, end-of-run chests will reward better gear, we'll get new Azerite tokens, and more.
      Black Empire Catch Up Gear
      In Rise of Azshara we had Benthic gear and in Visions of N'Zoth we've got new Bind-on-Account tokens with a base item level of 400. You can read up more about Black Empire catchup gear in our preview.
      Dungeons (Non-Keystone Mythic)
      Blizzard increased the item level of rewards from dungeons by 30 item levels in Visions of N'Zoth and the difficulty of Heroic and Mythic dungeons by roughly 30%.
      Difficulty Item Level Normal 400 Heroic 415 Mythic 430 Mythic+ Keystone Dungeons
      During the first week of Season 4, rewards from end-of-run chests will be capped at Mythic 6 quality (which makes sense, because Heroic Ny'alotha gear has ilvl 460), but the weekly chest you open the week after week will contain Season 4 rewards. The piece of gear you get from the weekly chest at Mythic 15 or higher is the equivalent of Mythic Ny'alotha gear.
      Based on the latest changes on 8.3 PTR, we know that gear will scale up to Mythic Keystone 15 (down from Mythic Keystone 10), rewarding 475 items in the weekly chest and 465 in the end-of-run chests.
      Thanks to @Lith for bringing this up.
      Timewalking
      The item level of loot obtained during Timewalking events has been changed as follows:
      Type Item Level Timewalking Dungeon 425 Timewalking Raid 445 Professions
      New Profession items can be created using new gathering materials in Patch 8.3. They have three ranks and are of item level of 440/445/470 up from item level 415/430/445 in Season 3.
      Ny'alotha, the Waking City
      Difficulty Item Level Raid Finder (LFR) 430-440 Normal 445-455 Heroic 460-470 Mythic 475-485 Azerite Armor (Titan Residuum Vendor)
      Thaumaturge Vashreen is selling new Azerite pieces in Patch 8.3. We know that Titan Residuum will reset in Season 4, for the first time in Battle for Azeroth and the item level goes all the way up to 475.
      Item Level Cost 445 860 Titan Residuum 460 4,500 Titan Residuum 475 23,750 Titan Residuum World Quests
      Rewards from world quests will scale with your item level, but the cap remains unknown for now.
      An overview of what's changing in Mythic Season 4 coming in Visions of N'Zoth.